vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I have a question for Patrick :

WILL YOU MARRY ME :)

- - - Updated - - -

ME :)

Hahaha, congratulations, future "Mrs. Chan"! :laugh:

And vivley, all you gonna do is pout and cry?

Sigh, no sympathy whatsoever... What do you suggest that I do? Stalk him? Or shall I "revenge" myself? :devil:

On a more serious note, I am a bit concerned about what Patrick said last night about his entry into his second 3A. He said he had never felt his legs tingle like that before, and that he was "gassed". Also, it's too bad that his usually beautiful last 3F turned into a 2F. Obviously the program was pushing him to his limits; perhaps that's why he feels a bit "old". Also, I noted that due to the downgraded jumps in the second half of the program, his LP score last night wasn't that much higher than his previous LP scores at SC and GPF. I know he'll keep working methodically to improve his LP through "little goals", but I want him to stay healthy and not strain himself.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
On a more serious note, I am a bit concerned about what Patrick said last night about his entry into his second 3A. He said he had never felt his legs tingle like that before, and that he was "gassed". Also, it's too bad that his usually beautiful last 3F turned into a 2F. Obviously the program was pushing him to his limits; perhaps that's why he feels a bit "old". Also, I noted that due to the downgraded jumps in the second half of the program, his LP score last night wasn't that much higher than his previous LP scores at SC and GPF. I know he'll keep working methodically to improve his LP through "little goals", but I want him to stay healthy and not strain himself.

Is juvenile time over already? :sad46:

I didn't hear exactly what you quoted here but did hear him attribute the 2A to his state of the cardio. Contending to be the top athlete is not an easy task, especially starting again from 18 months off. People sitting around discussing, criticizing, and advising the elite skaters have not the slightest idea of what it takes to be where they are. We have been focusing our concerns on his mental state and emotional struggles, neglecting the basic reality that he has to get back to his physical peak as well to perform those super human feats. He needs time to train but he will get there. He is in his prime, not old.

It sounds like Patrick, like most people, is not aware of the serial killer theme of MTK. Really, the English version of the song has always been treated as a jazz piece for showing off the vocals, with various singers adding references in the song to their peers in a light hearted manner. So Patrick is just going with the music and its rhythm and appeal in his interpretation, wearing his "period costume". Well, KISS is always a good methodology.

So, in the Nationals, Patrick slayed the SP nemesis, added the other 4T and landed his 3A again in the LP. He proved to us and himself he is capable of performing these two programs brilliantly. Now he needs to raise his stamina so the new LP content will be fully executed. He can do it.

Already I can hardly wait for his LP with the 4S for next season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
haha... well I am more of a Mr than a Mrs :) but yeah... that kills my chances ;)

i think he was just out of breath... he seemed exhausted after his fp... i have never seen him double a flip... but i am sure he will be working on this. He is a smart athlete, adjusting is one of his specialty :)
Hahaha, congratulations, future "Mrs. Chan"! :laugh:

Sigh, no sympathy whatsoever... What do you suggest that I do? Stalk him? Or shall I "revenge" myself? :devil:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is juvenile time over already? :sad46:

I didn't hear exactly what you quoted here but did hear him attribute the 2A to his state of the cardio. Contending to be the top athlete is not an easy task, especially starting again from 18 months off. People sitting around discussing, criticizing, and advising the elite skaters have not the slightest idea of what it takes to be where they are. We have been focusing our concerns on his mental state and emotional struggles, neglecting the basic reality that he has to get back to his physical peak as well to perform those super human feats. He needs time to train but he will get there. He is in his prime, not old.

It sounds like Patrick, like most people, is not aware of the serial killer theme of MTK. Really, the English version of the song has always been treated as a jazz piece for showing off the vocals, with various singers adding references in the song to their peers in a light hearted manner. So Patrick is just going with the music and its rhythm and appeal in his interpretation, wearing his "period costume". Well, KISS is always a good methodology.

So, in the Nationals, Patrick slayed the SP nemesis, added the other 4T and landed his 3A again in the LP. He proved to us and himself he is capable of performing these two programs brilliantly. Now he needs to raise his stamina so the new LP content will be fully executed. He can do it.

Already I can hardly wait for his LP with the 4S for next season.

Patrick and others should come read my post ;) hahahaha and listen to the original version in German ;) I'd like a job like that : music consultant for figure skating :)

HIRE ME PEOPLE :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What a great week, thank you Halifax for the special memories. Lucky number 8!

Photo

https://twitter.com/Pchiddy/status/691372138679275520

Beautiful. Love Tanith's comment. :agree:

This will raise some ruckus like the good old days. Good old Patrick is back. :yay: But more mature and strategic. :agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't mess with his head! Luckily you wouldn't get pass Kathy.

i don't think I would mess with his head...especially since if I had such a job, he would not be skating on MTK ;) and Kathy, meh, she would love me ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful. Love Tanith's comment. :agree:

This will raise some ruckus like the good old days. Good old Patrick is back. :yay: But more mature and strategic. :agree:

already some threads showing this in the edge.....

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Is juvenile time over already?

Goodness, no need to take my sarcasm so seriously. Moving on...

Part of what I said was Tracy Wilson quoting Patrick in 7:05 of this video. The other part about the tingling legs is in this article. He also had a sore knee and sore left glute.

Patrick has looked so strong on the ice that we may have taken his physical strengths for granted. Certainly I didn't think that he needed to improve his cardio. During the GPF even the CBC commentator remarked at 1:27 of this video that there was "a lot of core work there... those thousand sit ups a day helped." I am confident that he'll keep improving, of course. Like you said, he just needs to BELIEVE.

haha... well I am more of a Mr than a Mrs :) but yeah... that kills my chances ;)

Hence the reason why I put "Mrs. Chan" in quotes. :)

Thank you for sharing, Calica! What a lovely photo and comment by Tanith!

As for the article, I am so proud that Patrick said the word "art"!

"People are getting excited because of the jumps, not because, wow, looking at the entire program and saying 'That's beautiful, that's a piece of art right there,"' Chan said. "Now it's 'Wow, did you see that quad [Salchow]? Smoked it.' Ok, but then what did he do after?"

Patrick, keep making your art!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Goodness, no need to take my sarcasm so seriously. Moving on...

:scratch2: I thought your were serious.

Then I reread your post and realized you didn't mean the content I quoted and responded to but the little play/sarcasm above it. To respond to your "more serious note" I had to sadly leave the juvenile fun behind. You know how, ahem, serious and straight lace I always am.

Part of what I said was Tracy Wilson quoting Patrick in 7:05 of this video. The other part about the tingling legs is in this article. He also had a sore knee and sore left glute.

Patrick has looked so strong on the ice that we may have taken his physical strengths for granted. Certainly I didn't think that he needed to improve his cardio. During the GPF even the CBC commentator remarked at 1:27 of this video that there was "a lot of core work there... those thousand sit ups a day helped." I am confident that he'll keep improving, of course. Like you said, he just needs to BELIEVE.

And to train smartly.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Hey everybody, this was just posted in another thread on this forum and it again is on Patrick's comments on the quad issue. Can I get other opinions on this? This article is by Rosie Dimanno and every time she writes about Patrick, it is in my opinion very unflattering. However, are my eyes deceiving me or in she agreeing with Patrick - in which case it would be a first! :shocked:

"Chan went off on a bit of rant, bringing the subject up himself, yet he’s right. With reigning Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu already up to three Qs in the long and mulling the addition of a fourth, with China teenager Jim Boyang attempting six quads between his short and long at the Grand Prix final last month, the sport is starting to lose its marbles, certainly its aesthetic-athletic balance."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/skati...ices-his-opinion-in-quad-quarrel-dimanno.html

Last edited: