Patrick Chan | Page 214 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hey everybody, this was just posted in another thread on this forum and it again is on Patricki's comments on the quad issue. Can I get other opinions on this? This article is by Rosie Dimanno and every time she writes about Patrick, it is in my opinion very unflattering. However, are my eyes deceiving me or in she agreeing with Patrick - in which case it would be a first! :shocked:

"Chan went off on a bit of rant, bringing the subject up himself, yet he’s right. With reigning Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu already up to three Qs in the long and mulling the addition of a fourth, with China teenager Jim Boyang attempting six quads between his short and long at the Grand Prix final last month, the sport is starting to lose its marbles, certainly its aesthetic-athletic balance."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/skati...ices-his-opinion-in-quad-quarrel-dimanno.html
i saw the thread.... i am not getting involved this time... too tired :) and I want to rejoice a bit longer about Patrick's SP and two quads LP :)

blueberryhill

On the Ice
i saw the thread.... i am not getting involved this time... too tired :) and I want to rejoice a bit longer about Patrick's SP and two quads LP :)
ITA about not getting involved - you know how I feel about venturing out of Patrick's fan fest. Even in here I have to be careful. My question was about Rosie DiManno. I find her very harsh with Patrick and it is somewhat surprising to find her agreeing with him.

If you're tired get some early shut-eye and go to sleep dreaming about Patrick ... or Andrew ... or Jeff. What the heck - all of them! :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:
Nighty-night!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
staying up watching milos raonic :) there is so much eye candy :)

i don't read much figure skating articles to be honest so i don't know rosie dimanno..... but she is harsh with him in the way she has organized her article.... Patrick should refuse all interviews except with french (cbc tv) media :) somehow they give time to explain his thoughts and he is always so nice, polite, humble and respectful in those that I tend to believe that he gets misquoted a lot in written press :)
ITA about not getting involved - you know how I feel about venturing out of Patrick's fan fest. Even in here I have to be careful. My question was about Rosie DiManno. I find her very harsh with Patrick and it is somewhat surprising to find her agreeing with him.

If you're tired get some early shut-eye and go to sleep dreaming about Patrick ... or Andrew ... or Jeff. What the heck - all of them! :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:
Nighty-night!

Last edited:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
i didn't know patrick played tennis... i heard he was a good golfer or was that scott moir or both of them ;) haha

i am just enjoying the sport ;)
During the 2010 Olympics, NBC had a fluff piece on Patrick and they had him playing tennis with Mary Carillo (I'm 99% sure it was her). He also plays golf as does both Scott and Tessa. In fact, I think T/S have a little golf tourney in their hometown. Golf, me ... not so much. I describe it as watching paint dry. And yet, I skate recreationally and many of the people that I skate with love to golf.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am a hater.... of golf :)

you know what is refreshing ? as I am not posting in the other thread, i get to enjoy posts of other people who have similar perceptions of our Patrick :) without any work :) LURKING ROCKS :)

blueberryhill

On the Ice

you know what is refreshing ? as I am not posting in the other thread, i get to enjoy posts of other people who have similar perceptions of our Patrick :) without any work :) LURKING ROCKS :)
Amen. I just decided that it wasn't worth it to try and win the battle but then to lose the war. I'd rather have inner peace than want to be right.

You know what I noticed about Patrick at Canadians. Before both the start of his sp and lp I saw him touch his solar plexus. He may have done it before and I hadn't noticed or he just started doing this to calm and centre himself. Well it worked! :yes:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh...that gives me another excuse to watch the programs again :)
Amen. I just decided that it wasn't worth it to try and win the battle but then to lose the war. I'd rather have inner peace than want to be right.

You know what I noticed about Patrick at Canadians. Before both the start of his sp and lp I saw him touch his solar plexus. He may have done it before and I hadn't noticed or he just started doing this to calm and centre himself. Well it worked! :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

:2thumbs:

I wouldn't even lurk when I don't feel like draining my energy. I do get in, like tonight, when I feel like it and may even have a little fun. Also, I figure it's my turn. ;)

blueberryhill

On the Ice
4everchan, when you've set up your wedding gift registry let me know so I can pick up something nice for you and Patrick!!!

(I see a wedding cake. Am I wrong?)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
<======== check this out viv :)

Great title or handle or whatever it's called. Very zen. You are not your thoughts but the observer of your thoughts. So who is the observer? The real you? Who is that?

(This is more fun. :biggrin:)

I like to observe. I strive for observation without judgement. One of my favorite insights is:

A few observation and much reasoning lead to error; many observations and a little reasoning to truth.

- Alexis Carrel

I am usually on the fringe, a great observation post.

I observe a wedding bell. A hint?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Great title or handle or whatever it's called. Very zen. You are not your thoughts but the observer of your thoughts. So who is the observer? The real you? Who is that?

(This is more fun. :biggrin:)

I like to observe. I strive for observation without judgement. One of my favorite insights is:

A few observation and much reasoning lead to error; many observations and a little reasoning to truth.

- Alexis Carrel

I am usually on the fringe, a great observation post.

I observe a wedding bell. A hint?

so mysterious :) but you are correct... i observe, myself, first and foremost ;)

blueberry
regarding the picture ;) it's just a funny coincidence.... a friend of mine wished me for a cake from where anything i wish would pop up... and i said, OK... Patrick Chan ;) then she sent me this photo .... she has no idea about my wedding fantasies ;) but this is very suited ;) LOL i am observing my own ridiculousness :laugh2:

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
<======== check this out viv :)

I saw that! Lol, I wonder if you could make an Etsy business out of Patrick Chan wedding cake toppers? ;)

You know how, ahem, serious and straight lace I always am.

For sure, we've been biting our nails and on the edges of our seats for Patrick so long during this season that most of our discussions in here are quite serious. So when the playful side comes out, it might throw people for a loop.

the sport is starting to lose its marbles, certainly its aesthetic-athletic balance."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/skati...ices-his-opinion-in-quad-quarrel-dimanno.html

LOL, as if the sport had a brain! I guess that was her way of saying that Patrick's competitors are losing their marbles, without naming names.

DiManno is usually harsh and critical of Patrick, so I am also surprised that she agreed with him. But maybe she's just stirring the pot.

He also plays golf as does both Scott and Tessa.

And I think Patrick should take up golf after he retires from competitive skating. Who knows, he might even end up on the PGA tour!

...with China teenager Jim Boyang attempting six quads between his short and long at the Grand Prix final last month, the sport is starting to lose... its aesthetic-athletic balance.

Pardon my ignorance, but didn't someone somewhere mention that Hanyu revamped his programs and increased the number of quads before the GPF in part because he wanted to fend off Boyang Jin? So Jin (whose last name means "gold", by the way) seems to be a catalyst for the recent developments that are dismaying Patrick, and in a way he is Patrick's ultimate competitor.

Patrick probably doesn't yet realize the irony in all of this, but IMHO he is now being haunted by his China comments from five years ago; for Boyang Jin is who Patrick would have been expected to become had his parents never immigrated to Canada. When the Chinese get involved in a sport like figure skating, they are generally much more interested in winning by focusing on the moves that gain huge points, rather than on the actual skating skills that Patrick is so well-known for. Since Patrick wants to study international studies, I hope he realizes this and keeps an eye on developments in the Chinese men's figure skating program.

“I will never do four quads in my career, I’m telling you right now. It’s impossible.”

I'm sure it's very rare to hear Patrick use the word "impossible". I wonder what strategy he will use, then, if Jin starts scoring more points than Hanyu and Fernandez?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I saw that! Lol, I wonder if you could make an Etsy business out of Patrick Chan wedding cake toppers? ;)

never would i want to make money on the back of my beloved :love:

ps i will keep this picture just for a few days :) enjoy it while it lasts

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
i guess i could... wait for it... i am going to make wedding cake cutters with Mack The Knife Patrick photos on them

:laugh2: :rofl: Took awhile for me to get it. I'm sure your quality workmanship means they will slice cleanly and no scarlet billows will flow... :rofl2: