2016 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Pairs Short Program

liv

Record Breaker
Be7ng Canadian, I should be behind these 2 but it is so hard for me. I prefer lines, speed and flow.... but I always admire their tenacity and self belief. Happy for them to save their best for this competition. Well done.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lol, I had to take a call while we were waiting for the scores. How was Meagan's reaction to finding out she was in 2nd? Do I need to add her to the list :p

No she was surprisingly thrilled, truly thrilled. Eric was a bit more... subdued.

andromache

Record Breaker
S/H should do quad twist in the LP but the quad throw is too risky. They can win without it.

Expecting Stolbova and Klimov to be clean and smooth and flawless in the LP, but I'm worried they'll pass V/T who I expect to make a mistake or two.

I don't expect D/R to be perfect in the LP either.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Eric not quite as happy as Megan with the score :rofl:

There's something I really like about Megan. She seems to be quite genuine and wears all her heart on her sleeve. He on the other hand appears to have NO sense of humor. I mean like he appears completely humor-free. Sort of like being colorblind.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Overall, a fantastic competition again! It could very well be even the best SP competition at Worlds ever for Pairs I think. The only think that annoys me still is V/T's PCS :angry1:

keasus

On the Ice
Sui/Han were :jaw:. I never realized that Han was such a fine skater. I usually can't take my eyes off of the Her Royal Divaness Sui. Just simply the best, and I love V/T and S/K as well. I am hoping for an epic free. BTW, was that Shen in the K&C? I recognized Zhou, but wasn't sure about the female. If that is Shen, all I can say is that the lady looks FAB! Whatever she's doing, I want to know what it is so I can copy it.:love:

lavoix

Match Penalty
The Canadian team really doesn't inspire me at all, their program is boring, their presentation is so below the other teams placed in the top 6.

I was very surprised by Stolbova/Klimov's mistake on the throw triple twist.

eta

Medalist
Just got out of class - missed almost everything, but sooooooo happy to see Sui/Han first!!! Now to find videos..

bobbob

Medalist
Looking at PCS, Stolbova should have been ahead of Duhamel but the crowd was on Duhamel's side which is fine. Sui/Han's PCS (IMHO) should have been higher than V/T.

robredo40

On the Ice
the fs should be amazing D&R are totally capable of skating a clean fs with the quad throw nothing set in stone yet.

andromache

Record Breaker
There's something I really like about Megan. She seems to be quite genuine and wears all her heart on her sleeve. He on the other hand appears to have NO sense of humor. I mean like he appears completely humor-free. Sort of like being colorblind.

Agreed! I wonder what practice is like with them! :laugh:

Meagan gets a lot of hate for not having the elegance of a typical pairs girl, and I understand that fans have preferences. But Meagan would be an awesome best friend.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I think he's more of the quiet introvert (certainly compared to Meagan). I understand why he was upset that they weren't in first in spite of their performance. That's as well as they've ever skated and that still wasn't good enough for the lead, so that disappointment is understandable. Had they seen S/H I'm sure they would have figured why they deserved to be 2nd -- same with the Shibs last night being unhappy with their placement, even though everyone knew if the French were clean the best they could manage was silver.

Still a personal best -- and compared to their SPs this year, a huge relief!