2016 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Pairs Short Program

s_parks

Record Breaker
Judging was pleasantly fair, except for scimeca/knierim- should've been behind i/m.

whatif

Medalist
Interesting fight set up for tomorrow. Both V/T and St/Kl have 154.6 PB which is exactly 10 points higher than the scores posted by both S/H and D/R ever. St/Kl are clearly out of contention for Gold BUT S/H will need to land those quads and D/R will need both lutzes and quads to beat the clean V/T on paper

whatif

Medalist
The Canadian team really doesn't inspire me at all, their program is boring, their presentation is so below the other teams placed in the top 6.

I was very surprised by Stolbova/Klimov's mistake on the throw triple twist.

Well, while the mistake was obvious it was not that much worse than the crashy L1-deserving one by D/R. I think they have clearly got hosed as number two team with V/T return.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
The Canadian team really doesn't inspire me at all, their program is boring, their presentation is so below the other teams placed in the top 6.

I was very surprised by Stolbova/Klimov's mistake on the throw triple twist.

He was injured, shoulder I guess. They even considered to withdrew, but hoped till the last minute. It seems he can do it but(as I heard from reports), it is still bothering him...

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aaaah! I'm esastic for D/R! And esastic to see S/H in the lead as well, much deserved! Amazing competition, tomorrow is definitely going to be a nail biter. :)

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I'm somewhat surprised S/K is below S/M. I thought the had slightly less mistakes than the German

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sui/Han did not get max level on their twist and maximum GoE on the throw 3F? :think:

T/M were the only ones to get a level 4 twist of the top teams. As far as the throw 3F, the landing was just a bit hard, and not as smooth and effortless as they've done in the past. So a mix of +2/+3 makes sense.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
D/R don't have the elegance or ease or flow of the other pairs, but they can sell the heck out of a program even without those things. Which is kind of impressive.

I can't help but wonder if Meghan had a different body type and a couple inches taller (which would put her at 5'0")..... would it make them appear more elegant? There were many pairs with the man being over a foot taller, but often the ladies have longer limbs which made them look taller and made the pair appear more "matching" than Megha & Eric.

The standings are right though. They did have the SBS lutz, and a 2.30 point BV advantage over V/T.

Noolan

On the Ice
Seems like VT and SK are just not in their top shape this week. SK said in the interview they're only been training for 3 weeks before this. This is just too bad, I was looking forward to a big showdown.

andromache

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, don't understand the hate for Sc/Kn scores. Maybe the GOE was a little generous, but all elements did deserve high GOE except for the SBS. Their PCS were on par with Tarasova/Morozov which seems fine.

Interesting PCS spread for Aliona and Bruno.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Sui&Han got perfect GOEs for their stsq with level 4!!! :love:

Lota

Record Breaker
Just rewatched P/Z... Damn that fall was scary :eeking: :hopelessness: Poor Peng, I feel she's been thrown around so much this season... Zhang is a very strong man.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, don't understand the hate for Sc/Kn scores. Maybe the GOE was a little generous, but all elements did deserve high GOE except for the SBS. Their PCS were on par with Tarasova/Morozov which seems fine.

Interesting PCS spread for Aliona and Bruno.

Personal best PCS for Scimeca/Knierim -- with a fall. :bang: