2024 Four Continents Men's Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Men's Short Program

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Chris was wishy-washy about who choreographed Andrew's SP, but I can confirm that it's Shae-Lynn Bourne. Misha Ge did the LP.

ANDREW!!! You did that, just days after Nationals, flying on a plane straight from Columbus, and you are coming back from another injury. What a WARRIOR! You were absolutely sublime! May the free skate go better than Nationals! I hope you stay in the top 10! :cheer2:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Great work by Andrew but I was cheering for Naumov who i think got cheated at Nationals. Conrad was a disappointment from Canada. Wesley was a bore and Roman is a beautiful skater but needs to get his tricks back. A few good skates and Roman could be a challenger - truly a beautiful skater But the show belonged to Japan and the rebirth of China's men. Yuma has this already. but without Shoma and Ilia and Jason it was missing like some big guns.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just finished watching the final group. Wow! They all came out and were on fire! Talk about determination. So good to see Jun, and I loved his Masquerade Waltz. Yuma was Yuma! Amazing! Loved Shun's energy. Happy to see him so happy with his scores. His program seemed much more polished than at J-Nats. Boyang looked much improved.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just saw the final group. What a comp! Two points for now:

1. Yuma's work with Caro and maybe Lori Nichol is bearing fruit. I think that is the best I have ever seen him skate, combining performance and skill, and that is saying something. He was 🔥 Ilia had best bring his A game to Worlds.

2. Boyang; what a glow-up! Is this mature, polished performer really the same skater who gave us Spidey Boyang (which don't get me wrong, I liked). Reinforcing my love for Joey Russell as a choreographer too

Demandred

On the Ice
Really strong competition so far. Yuma was just incredible, his speed across the ice and his skating skills is always a highlight, but he's gotten a lot better as a performer too this year. The step sequence in the program has been spectacular all season and somehow is still getting better.

Shun Sato will a well deserved personal best, he was on fire too. Sota and Junhwan were really good too.

Nice to see Boyang with a really solid skate at home, he is improved so much as a performer over the years. Hopefully he will do well in the free too.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just saw the final group. What a comp! Two points for now:

1. Yuma's work with Caro and maybe Lori Nichol is bearing fruit. I think that is the best I have ever seen him skate, combining performance and skill, and that is saying something. He was 🔥 Ilia had best bring his A game to Worlds.

2. Boyang; what a glow-up! Is this mature, polished performer really the same skater who gave us Spidey Boyang (which don't get me wrong, I liked). Reinforcing my love for Joey Russell as a choreographer too
mine :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I saw more fight from Roman, but I think either of them would struggle to make the free skate at worlds.
I don't know if popping jumps is fighting. Conrad went for his content at least. I was sure he was going to pop the axel after the fall on the toe.. but no... He fought...
Happy to see Wesley and Boyang make the final group! But wow, watching Shun and then Yuma! :eek:
Shun looked so calm when he finished and could Yuma have zoomed around any faster, that looks like an exhausting program!
I need to watch so much skating... :) but i have a couple hours before dance.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Glad Chiu has clutch, because Sadovskiy has the opposite of clutch. Oh, well.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And yay! Cha is back! I hope he remains in good health for worlds. Even though it might mean arguing with Mom. I love this program and wanna see it live. I can't wait for waltz to be ID rhythm dance.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And...nothing special, apparently, though you'd never guess it from the scores. At least his choice of music is more updated this year.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
One of the best men’s short competition that I’ve seen. Great skating from start to finish. Enjoyed all of them for different reasons. The excitement was really built up in the last group. A bit of an Asian championships though. Congrats to Wesley(CAN) who will skate in the last group in the chineese afternoon/night which is in the morning for me.

I seldom rewatch certain skater's performances but I think I’ll rewatch this whole competition at a time when I’ve nothing more fun to watch, while knitting.

Way to go all of them in the free skate. Just know guys, I have big big expectations!

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice to see Cha and Boy. regain some of their past glory and skating. LEt's see what happens in the FS. This is not the strongest us team I so wanted Naumov to show his mettle but good on Andrew. It's hard having Nationals back to back with 4ccs. I would have preferred Conrad or Roman to be the top Canadian. Nothing against Wesley he is a mediocre consistent skater that sadly brings nothing special to the table - not a super jumper or technican and not a performer or artist. The Kaz team is stronger. I hope I am wrong but I think we might see him take a plunge in the fs. But wow to Yuma and Soto. Yuma is really looking like Japan's new emperor. From Yuzuru to Shoma to Yuma. Japan right now looks like they could win the team title they are so strong except dance perhaps.