2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP

glorybox6

Final Flight
uhhh were K/S' SBS spins always.. like that?

And the last 10 seconds of the program didn't seem to be choreographed.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS)

Music: All Alone by Joe Satriani

Purple dress / black tank top, pleather pants

3T - she fell, maybe <
3Tw - bit low catch
3LoTh
5ALi
StSq
BiDs
FCCoSp - unison off

Mixed skate, they look disappointed

SP: 34.21+31.19-1.00 = 64.40, 4/5

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Great program from K/S, I hope they will straighten out the tech, the jumps and spins. So much potential in this program.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I love their skating and this could be an interesting program but today it was very uncontroled and confused...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The way the Fed did it was real slick, too- a total bait and switch. They told Yu/Jin they were being sent to Canada to get new programs for the next season and once they were there- separated from their coaches and anyone who could advocate for them- told them about the switch. Apparently, even the choreographers didn't know.

:dbana: That's just cruel.

K/S...I'm not sure, but I think their best days are long over.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Somehow K/S's music and Moskvina are like chalk and cheese to me. Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman!

Sloppy skate.

moriel

Record Breaker
Considering people thought Yuko's injury was career ending...

I think they didnt have time enough to train and polish it.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Guys I'm sorry if there's any misspellings of names, its my autocorrect I know the names LOL

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Don't think it was his decision. With the Chinese Fed I don't think he's that high yet...

It was indeed Hongbo's decision after thinking about it for 1/2 year. It was strategic to maximize the Olympic chances in Beijing. Yu was reluctant at first but has decided to give it her best effort and it seems to work out well despite all the drama makers' indulging in old sad legends of forcibly broken romances. Peng and Jin are working out very well. The Chinese fed had very high hope for Peng but she felt too much pressure partnering with Zhang. Both girls are very consistent now. I love Yu/Zhang's LP from the practice and am looking forward to seeing tomorrow.

BTW, Zhang the creepy old man is younger than Trankov.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Did Stefania Berton stop skating to coach? :scratch2: I really liked her aura, saw her live once with Hotarek. They were great together and she wasn't that old....mmmh...