2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
There was no connection between that skate and that music. Skate to a song about despair, loneliness and the effect of drug addiction on a life? Big smiles, shoulder rolls and a step sequence that doesn't go with the music are of course the way to go. :-(

auser

Record Breaker
They have ZERO connection to each other; it's like they barely acknowledge this a pair's event. She could use some more extension and if she would take a little more time to finish her moves and positions, it would make them look so much more polished. Not particularly impressed by them to be honest.

I liked his hair :laugh:.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There was no connection between that skate and that music. Skate to a song about despair, loneliness and the effect of drug addiction on a life? Big smiles, shoulder rolls and a step sequence that doesn't go with the music are of course the way to go. :-(

That too.

:)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:love: Haven and Brandon. Their th3Loop just knocks me out. They get fantastic lateral travel on their throw jumps, and they're glorious ... seem to go on forever. And then Haven's beautiful happy smile as she lands.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Watched this on TV because of the bigger screen issue (48 vs. 19 is not much of a competition)

I think the results are correct. D/R were obviously the best and even if they triple axle was a bit low it was still the hardest jump tried out there. They did seem slow to me. I haven't gone back and read all the remarks but did anyone else think they were slow.

The Chinese pair looked great but she didn't seem seem very energetic or happy to me. He seemed full of energy and she didn't. But they totally deserve to be in second. I might have scored them a little closer to D/R but, again, I'm not an expert in scoring.

Lubov and Dylan are my favourite team in pairs. I love them. I love the tango music and I loved her dress. I want them to do well. I want them to get those darn side by side jumps, darn it.

The American team looked good too. Good for them for having another good performance after SA. Maybe the US finally has a consistent pair? If the could get that they'd be really hard to beat for team gold.

K/S. It's great to see them and I admire them so much for still wanting to do this. The ending was bad though. Fix that ending, stat. I didn't like her dress. Can we change that too? His hair is... wow. I had John Travolta Welcome back Kotter flashbacks.

rain

Record Breaker
Watched this on TV because of the bigger screen issue (48 vs. 19 is not much of a competition)

I think the results are correct. D/R were obviously the best and even if they triple axle was a bit low it was still the hardest jump tried out there. They did seem slow to me. I haven't gone back and read all the remarks but did anyone else think they were slow.

I didn't think they were slow, but I thought there were more than a couple times outside of the big elements where the program was sloppy — particularly when it came to unison. No doubt they deserve first here. It's only October, but the program needs some miles.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A disappointing skate from Yuko and Sasha. I like the programme, it's different from their usual style, the outfits really work for them. Their spins have got a bit dodgy this year, also the DS was only a Lv1. They have a bit of work to do to get on the podium but I have no doubt they can do it.

You have to admire D/R. While I am not a fan they really go for the TES but one thing that does put me off is the very long entries to both the SBS and the Th3a. Generous scoring on the PCS, undeserved but there is no doubt they should be first. I am disappointed to say I liked Y/Z, Yu/Jin were my favourite Chinese pair and I was really shocked to hear the Chinese Fed split them up. The had great elements but little connection, they didn't seem very comfortable in the K&C.

I/M are great to watch but the jumps are an issue for her, but I think they are the Canadian number 3's. For the second week in the row D/F put out a great performance, they have made a great start to the season and possibly could have a second podium tomorrow. I am impressed with the way the Italians have progressed over the years, not their best performance today but if skated clean this could score very big for them. I was intrigued to see J/R skated to the Chilli Peppers but the performance had no connection to the music whatsoever.

Roll on the Free. I wonder how big D/R will score?

andromache

Record Breaker
D/R's SP doesn't grab me or blow me away, but it's certainly dynamic, interesting, and works for them. Meagan rocking the jumpsuit :love:.

I...actually really, really liked Yu/Zhang's SP, which seems like an unpopular opinion here. They seem to be working out well together, and I hope Yu is becoming happy. It's a shame about the whole switcheroo situation, but I'm not going to let it affect my opinion of their skating, especially since neither of them were the ones to make the decision. The pressure that Chinese athletes and their coaches must feel leading up to the Winter Olympics in China must be extremely tough.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I didn't dislike Y/Z program. It just seemed kind of flat to me. I think they will do better once they have more competition time together. I liked her with her old partner better but then I can be a stick in the mud about new partnerships.

skatemouse

On the Ice
6 Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA)

Music: Don Juan est mort (from "Don Juan" musical) by Felix Gray

Red costumes, gold details, Spanish flair

3Tw
3LoTh
3S - twofoot, he stepout
BiDs
FCCoSp
StSq
5ALi

Problems on sbs jumps, but the other elements were crisp

SP: 36.33+30.17 = 66.50, 4/6

Branden has a chronic problem with two foot triple sal he has NEVER done a clean one.!!! She also slammed her left toe in in order to land straight so she under rotated too! but I can't blame her. Neither one do a clean jump they need to put double axel's in. Their speed is so slow. He is stiff. She is trying hard but is obviously struggling. They are given high marks even though they are not jumping. If S/K or another American team were doing this in their jumps every time they would be getting fried on this thread. Because it is D/F it is ok? I just don't get it and it is so bad that our American team getting the highest marks Internationally can't do a triple sal and only a single axel:( What is going on???

skatemouse

On the Ice
Well dang if Denney and Frazier keep that up they'll be national champs:yahoo:

Not with two cheated triple sal's every time and singling axels?? NO way. Hopefully they will fix it but Branden has always done a cheated under-rotated triple sal and gotten away with it. They are very slow and stiff too so hopefully they will medal but Nat Champs with no jumps? NO. Not unless he stops cheating the sal. She cheated this time too slamming her left toe in ..in order to land. She singled axel last time too. They just can't jump at all and he is so stiff next to another good American International team like S/K no comparison. S/K will be National champs and if another team like C/T or K/O go clean they will be above them because they do clean jumps. Hope they fix it but Branden has never done a clean triple sal. Their twist is much worse too. Not sure what is up there? Throws are very very low to the ice but may be for safety for her? He is so stiff? Choreography is missing something can't explain what yet? Maybe they will fix it?

skatemouse

On the Ice

The Chinese pair looked great but she didn't seem seem very energetic or happy to me. He seemed full of energy and she didn't. But they totally deserve to be in second. I might have scored them a little closer to D/R but, again, I'm not an expert in scoring.

Lubov and Dylan are my favourite team in pairs. I love them. I love the tango music and I loved her dress. I want them to do well. I want them to get those darn side by side jumps, darn it.

The American team looked good too. Good for them for having another good performance after SA. Maybe the US finally has a consistent pair? If the could get that they'd be really hard to beat for team gold.

K/S. It's great to see them and I admire them so much for still wanting to do this. The ending was bad though. Fix that ending, stat. I didn't like her dress. Can we change that too? His hair is... wow. I had John Travolta Welcome back Kotter flashbacks.

D/F consistent pair with two under rotated triple sal"s ?? and they do it every time. Including single axels? OMG NO but they seem to be able to be very inconsistent and people thing they are awesome so the most consistence pair? um?? Hope they can get it together!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
D/F consistent pair with two under rotated triple sal"s ?? and they do it every time. Including single axels? OMG NO but they seem to be able to be very inconsistent and people thing they are awesome so the most consistence pair? um?? Hope they can get it together!!

You really seem to not like them very much..

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think what I was trying to say was that they performed well here and at skate America. Maybe they can be what America needs, a pair that is competitive and consistent.

twirlingaround

Rinkside
I think what I was trying to say was that they performed well here and at skate America. Maybe they can be what America needs, a pair that is competitive and consistent.

Loved Denney and Frazier as well! Overall skating skills have improved so much! Bravo to Them! :yahoo:

yqs100

On the Ice
Yu and Zhang look more like a "pair". She certainly got the maturity to match Zhang. And technically they are very powerful. Give them sometime they will become a very contender for the WC podium.

It must be hard for the switch but now I understand why... everything they are doing is for the Beijing olympcis.

Well done. Hongbo!