2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I'm not familiar with Xiaoyu. Was she better with her former partner? Or does it actually matter who she's partnered with... seeing from the reaction of the forum, it seems to be all about her (regardless of what BESP guys said)?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Meaghan is such a score keeper. I wonder if Erik ever says "I don't care, Meaghan.."

lyndichee

Medalist
I wanted to hate this performance due to the circumstances of them forming but that was so lovely. Best FS of the night for pairs. XiaoYu is unreal; her lines and extensions were so nice. I don't even like Zhang Hao was he was a good partner out there.

I hate that I love this pair so much :drama:

andromache

Record Breaker
Yu/Zhang are really growing on me. I don't understand the hating on Zhang--I doubt the pairing was his idea, but he seems to be very supportive of his young partner.

One time he threw Peng, she fell badly and hit a wall (I think) and he seemed unconcerned.

But really, partners never react when their partner falls. Yuko had what looked like a very bad fall, and Alexander didn't show concern. The program went on and Yuko got up.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yu/Zhang got so close to each other in a spin that the audience gasped! :hopelessness:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
The whole Chinese fed was very upsetting, I understand. I do think people need to try to put it aside now. For her sake if nothing else! They were magic for such a recent pair.

eta

Medalist
I'm not familiar with Xiaoyu. Was she better with her former partner? Or does it actually matter who she's partnered with... seeing from the reaction of the forum, it seems to be all about her (regardless of what BESP guys said)?

Xiaoyu was always good. Zhang's former partner Peng got hit with puberty, so...

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Yu thankfully looks more mature then Peng so he doesn't look too old or silly next to her. They looked well matched

Krunchii

Record Breaker
The sbs spins were really scary, they nearly collided but everything else was great. Yu has the most wonderful body lines, she's incredible. I hope she gets the penguin I threw her

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am so impressed by yu/zhang. Their throws are so big even after only one year of practice.

D/R´s score is Ok. But their PSC is quite low. Seems that the judges make some room.

rain

Record Breaker
Wow, Yu/Zhang seem to be getting along really well--there were smiles from both after finishing. That's good to see. And they are a strong pair, no doubt about that.

I almost didn't want to like this pair, since I loved Yu/Jin and resented the way they were split up, apparently against their will.

But I have to hand it to this team, they look well-matched and the technical level they've managed to acquire already is impressive. It still looked like they were thinking through things more than a bit, and their demeanour towards one another is on the cool side at present, so there's little interaction between them on the ice to draw the audience in. That's their one big weakness. But it's clear they do have that champion potential.

Alba

Record Breaker
The whole Chinese fed was very upsetting, I understand. I do think people need to try to put it aside now. For her sake if nothing else! They were magic for such a recent pair.

I liked her previous partner though. I thought they were adorable together. They were both young. Why not invest on them rather than this when we know he's not gonna last after the Oly.

MIM

Medalist
The sbs spins were really scary, they nearly collided but everything else was great. Yu has the most wonderful body lines, she's incredible. I hope she gets the penguin I threw her

ohhh. so sweet of you;)