2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Nope, still hate this music and I feel that they skate through it not with it. I don't think they like it either.

Problems in the SBS's not withstanding they are so nice to watch in the elements and so..disconnected outside of them. I want them to find a good program. I have a suggestion for them but it's probably wrong: The theme music from Outlander. They liked Riverdance so they have some experience with that kind of music.

Giselle

Medalist
Do T/M really need to win this to go to the GPF? 11+13= 24 so higher than S/B and D/F or am I missing something?

Lysambre

Final Flight
thanks to all russian teams today... you really helped S/B. Canada sends flowers

I really wanted S/B to qualify for GPF, they're just awesome to watch \o/. Discovered them at GPF last year, and the whole crowd was taken with them instantly :love:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All I could think of during T/M lifts was what tulosai said about smiling being an essential part of the lift, like a correct entrance and exit!

And if Music Was My First Love, I wish they would show it!!!

But I could feel their determination not to mess up this chance they had, and that's admirable.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
T/M is gonna win the event, but the performance looks lacks of sparkles...they outing at Nepela is much better.

What an anticlimax competition after the wonderful SP overall. Jamese and Cipres are the highlight of the FS event.

EDIT: T/M didn't win.....Did I miss something except the botched 3-2-2 combo? T/M place in 3rd at the FS? I guess they missed some levels.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This competition showed why three jump combinations in pairs skating are a huge risk.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Please please please T/M get some better programs. Your basics are so good and there is so much potential here, but if you want to start winning competitions, that's what is holding you back!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Meaghan has made an appearance in this thread.. :scowl:

What happens with T/M and the grand prix final now?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Goodness this pairs event was such a mess.

But Congratulations to Vanessa and Morgan!!!:clap::clap:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
T/M had to make mistakes too, so after that overscoring S/M in PCS department (I mean 8,75 averaged for Performance after THAT? It looks like Aliona could stand on the ice and she'd still get high scores....), they had no chance to win with S/M, ridiculous. :rolleye:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I got the standing correct for the predictions game here. Not happy with the pair skating we have seen this weekend though.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
but Meagan was clean for like 3-4 years with the hardest content before getting there... he just arrived and he is not clean ;)

Both teams have massive weaknesses when it comes to one person. They both get judged according to their better skater.

Killed on PCS and rightly so. Their program is what VV won worlds with back in 88. Comparing it to SM is harsh because theirs is the oppositze, modern and creative. Mozer's tastes are really outdated and she seems to have lost her technical wisdom too.