Patrick Chan | Page 364 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i volunteer to partner patrick :)
:eek:topic: You reminded me of a funny moment. Justine was having a fabulous FS at JGP Dresden and off to the side you see her cousin watching her with this look that was like...OMG. Justine definitely inherited the pairs genes.

I'd laugh forever if Chiddy had a kid who went into ice dance.

That reminds me, has Chiddy ever expressed the desire to do ice dance after singles? I am not sure who could be his partner, but his twizzles at Skate Canada were great. He's already got Marina as a coach...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Any GIF requests for Patrick? Link me to HQ videos on youtube for any specific moments you want giffed

I realize I didn't make a post about Patrick after watching him at Skate Canada, I got really sick because where I sat in the arena had cold air coming straight down onto my head, I should've been smart like the Japanese fans and brought a blanket but it's too late for that. Let's just say I was disappointed by the mistakes but impressed by the skating. I think Mango did a good post about it and I agree with everything said there.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Krunchii, your posts in Patrick's fest are always so appreciated. I am sorry you fell sick. I so wanted to be there but couldn't ... and well I got sick as well HAHA... but at least, I didn't have to fly while sick which I find so horrible. Happy to see that you had a great time anyways. Mango indeed provided us with a great report. I am pretty sure I won't be the only one going to Nationals but if I am, I will try my best to take lots of notes and report as I did for ACI.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
http://i.imgur.com/e30lV7L.jpg

Congratulations to our podium finishers!!! :clapper: :hap36:

Aww... thank you! Glad to contribute to this thread. Patrick deserves it! :thank:

Any GIF requests for Patrick? Link me to HQ videos on youtube for any specific moments you want giffed

I realize I didn't make a post about Patrick after watching him at Skate Canada, I got really sick because where I sat in the arena had cold air coming straight down onto my head, I should've been smart like the Japanese fans and brought a blanket but it's too late for that. Let's just say I was disappointed by the mistakes but impressed by the skating. I think Mango did a good post about it and I agree with everything said there.

I hope you're feeling better! It's never too late to give an on-site report if you want.

----------

Here's my post-SC2016 roundup that includes a transcript of Patrick's interview with PJ Kwong so it can be translated:

http://pcskatingfan.com/2016/11/patrick-chan-post-sc2016-roundup/

Hope this helps our non-English speaking fans. I'll try to do more of these transcripts in the future. Thanks to everyone who posted links in the past week! :agree:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It is a signature move in Patrick's mind. :) It's one of his excellent elements. A signature move is highly recognizable and acknowledged, which means it's other people who identify it. Let's vote what his signature move is. :)

I think Patrick has so many good moves that it's hard pin point the most outstanding. The uniqueness of his moves is mostly in their refinement and subtly difficult executions rather than a highly obvious and noticeable pose or movement. His deep edges are sans pareil but as they are maintained throughout the whole program, they don't get singled out as a move, a signature move. In fact, he has beautiful moves with his entire body integrated throughout the performance which is then a work of art as a whole, a master piece when all the technical elements are well executed.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree.. .patrick doesn't really have a signature move but a signature style. nobody skates like he does

It is a signature move in Patrick's mind. :) It's one of his excellent elements. A signature move is highly recognizable and acknowledged, which means it's other people who identify it. Let's vote what his signature move is. :)

I think Patrick has so many good moves that it's hard pin point the most outstanding. The uniqueness of his moves is mostly in their refinement and subtly difficult executions rather than a highly obvious and noticeable pose or movement. His deep edges are sans pareil but as they are maintained throughout the whole program, they don't get singled out as a move, a signature move. In fact, he has beautiful moves with his entire body integrated throughout the performance which is then a work of art as a whole, a master piece when all the technical elements are well executed.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States

i agree.. .patrick doesn't really have a signature move but a signature style. nobody skates like he does
:yes: I :agree: especially with the bolded stuff. Patrick's body is in constant motion when he skates, making skating appear so effortless. Most skaters have at least some start and stop, but not Patrick. He pauses for effect alone. People also talk about signature programs of certain skaters, but every program of Patrick's except MTK is so memorable to me that I consider them all signature programs. :laugh: Patrick's programs are about creating the whole picture through movement, as if the ice is a blank canvas on which he paints with his skates and his body. In my opinion, Patrick is able to make the smallest moment a highlight, while in another sense nothing is a highlight since it's such a seamless whole. In Patrick's programs, the whole is always greater than the parts.

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist