2016 Cup of China Short Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Short Dance

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I'm not often shocked with skating but W/P score has really shocked me. The Shibs were way better, as were S/B.
The judges love W/P & this has proved this.

caitie

Medalist
they won points everywhere else in a major way accordingly to the tes ticker.... the shibs were steady but slower than usual. I love both teams, but tonight, Weapo brought the house down.

They had a huge error.

I think skating first has hurt the Shibs in both competitions. This rule change sucks. At the very least group the teams by rank and then randomly order the groups.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
What? Another PB for that performance? (I like Sni/Kat but....) However from this season on, the overall BV for every dancing team is said to be raised...

Last edited:

Sunny Little

On the Ice
I'm a little surprised that W/P are in first, but I don't care coz I'm super biased for them and none can talk sense into me. :agree:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I'm just gonna visualize their whole program after this without the twizzles
:
thats the decision!!!
eh why we neeed twizzles in ID at all
I propose a change!
It shouldnt be a mandatory element :biggrin::agree:

Lota

Record Breaker
Yeah, after the Shibs I just thought that the judges were stingy and the scores were going to be lower for everyone. S/B performed really well, so I was not surprised at their score. But how do you explain W/P leading indeed? Especially when comparing with other teams :confused:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
thats the decision!!!
eh why we neeed twizzles in ID at all
I propose a change!
It shouldnt be a mandatory element :biggrin::agree:

I know you're being facetious, but in all honesty I really don't like the extended twizzle sequence in ice dance. They're so random and I'd rather just watch the skating and lifts.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think we need to wait for the protocols before we decide that it's some kind of hatchet job on the Shibs. They usually get their levels and that's what keeps them up near the top. If they don't get them and they are as tight as they were today I can see them losing. And I've a fan of both teams.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
a unbalanced turn on twizzles doesn't mean that they will automatically lose levels... GOE yes...

i haven't seen protocols yet but the second step sequence for shibs seemed like the one that could have hurt them...

what weapo did very well was the blues were they seemed to have hit every beat... that scores very high and can overcome a twizzle mistake... keep in mind that some teams, when perfect will score close to 80 in a SD...
They had a huge error.

I think skating first has hurt the Shibs in both competitions. This rule change sucks. At the very least group the teams by rank and then randomly order the groups.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Scoring her has been pretty inflated compared to other events with the exception on how The Shibs were scored. Man I hope they can fight back tomorrow, if they lose momentum and place second here, things may start to go downhill and if they will be back to being USA no. 2 bye bye Olympic medal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they love them so much that they were kicked out of the podium last year at worlds ;) in 5th... and only got bronze a couple weeks ago (mind you they have VERY much improved their SD from COR)
I'm not often shocked with skating but W/P score has really shocked me. The Shibs were way better, as were S/B.
The judges love W/P & this has proved this.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've wondered since I'm a casual and occasional ID viewer who doesn't bother read protocols and break down scores of dance, but could anyone tell me since when twizzles became to take such an important position in ice dance?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Shibs must have lost levels somewhere. Both W/P and S/B has higher TES than them, and we all know their twizzles are the best in buissness (Alex could teach Nikita and Andrew :laugh: ). They've got highest PCS and I've seen them performing better than that so I don't see hammering them down, at least not by judges.