Country
United-States
18 - 20 Nov 2016

Beijing China
Short Dance
Friday, November 18, 2016
15:30. UTC +8

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...179&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Start Order

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM
SD "Big Spender" from the Sweet Charity soundtrack and "Sing Sing Sing!;" choreo. by Romain Haguenauer
FD Liebestraum No. 3 in A flat by Franz Liszt, Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C sharp minor by Franz Liszt, Concerto Paraphrase on "Rigoletto" by Franz Liszt; choreo. by Romain Haguenauer
CAN
2Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
SD Blues: The Way You Make Me Feel by Judith Hill, Hip Hop: Dangerous by Michael Jackson,cHip Hop: Jam by Michael Jackson; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
FD Concierto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
CAN
3Hong CHEN / Yan ZHAO
SD Mon mec a moi performed by Patricia Kaas, Pigalle performed by Patricia Kaas; choreo by Alexander Zhulin, Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
FD Un peu plus haut performed by Lisa Angel, Thunder and Lightening performed by Ezio Bosso, Charms (W.E. soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Alexander Zhulin, Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
CHN
4Linshu SONG / Zhuoming SUN
SD Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) by Beyoncé; choreo by Anjelika Krylova
FD Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack) performed by Adele; choreo by Anjelika Krylova
CHN
5Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
SD Blues by Gary Moore, Swing; choreo by Anjelika Krylova, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD "New York, New York" by Ralph Burns; choreo by Anjelika Krylova, Pasquale Camerlengo
CHN
6Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV
SD Blues: Back to the Dirty Town by Blues Mystery, Hip Hop: Sax by Fleur East; choreo by Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka
FD Dirty Dancing (soundtrack); choreo by Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka
POL
7Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
SD Blues: "Creole Love Call" by Duke Ellington; Swing: "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)", performed by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennet
FD Tango by Astor Piazzolla
RUS
8Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
SD Blues: "At Last" , Hip-hop: "I Got Bills," by LunchMoney Lewis; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
FD Tango medley: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, arranged by E. Runge, J. Ammon, Verano Porteno by Astor Piazzolla, Primavera Portena by Astor Piazzolla, Libertango by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
RUS
9Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS
SD "Harlem Nocturne" performed by Duke Ellington and "Puttin' On The Ritz (feat. Lari Hall)"; choreo by Karen Ludington, A. Cannuscio, C. McManus
FD "Time" by Billy Porter, "Beyond The Sky" by Karl Hugo, "Time" by Billy Porter; choreo by Karen Ludington, A. Cannuscio, C. McManus
USA
10Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
SD That's Life, performed by Frank Sinatra and Jay-Z; choreo by Hokuto Konishi, Aye Hasegawa, Serge Onik, Marina Zoueva, Massimo Scali
FD Evolution by various artists; choreo by Peter Tchernyshev
USA

Last edited:

Eisfee

On the Ice
And I would love S/K to skate great and take at least the bronze medal!😍

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Would love W/P to win here.S/B to skate well for third.:)

I really hope so. I like Shibutanis, but their programs this season don't work for me while W/P have finally two great programs. With that result, Weaver and Poje can be qualified for GPF over Hubbell and Dohohue with 2-2. H/D were very lucky to get two silvers.

I prefer 2 USA/2 CAN/1 FRA/1 RUS to 3 USA/1 CAN/1 FRA/1 RUS

I also hope that Stepanova and Bukin's hard works get reckoned with a medal.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
There are more programs to Patricia Kaas music this season than I realized. Nice.

There are so many good teams who aren't going to be at GPF that I'm beginning to wonder if the GPF fields should be expanded to top 8 or even 10. Now that would be good, and more in line with GP series spots (pairs get 8, ice dancers 10).

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Hope for the Shibs to break 78 in the SD and score around 2-4 points higher in the FD from Skate America. I find their FD to be underrated when one just looks at their feet and notices how little crossovers they're doing into the elements and notices all the different holds they are doing throughout compared to last year and compare that to all the long gliding and hand-to-hand holds other teams do...teams whose dances I love this season. I like Weaver/Poje, but I don't think their FD is close to the level of the Shibs, P/C, V/M, H/D, G/P, and C/B. Just from Rostelecom Cup, I find it to be very generic and the most obvious to be a collection of IJS elements with no in-betweens and forced expression. Their SD isn't bad, and I find Kaitlyn to dance to hip hop the best of the hip hop teams so far (Andrew danced very well going to the KnC after the performance), but they don't sustain that so there's little of that throughout the SD.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think it may be closer than we think between the two top teams... however, I don't know if weapo had enough time to work on their programs... it was truly a work in progress in russia and they still scored over C/B for the FD... so who knows??? however, if they don't make it to GPF, I won't cry over that for more than a second... it will just give them the time to adjust their programs before the real season starts. Nationals in Canada with 3 very close teams will be intense...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
i think it may be closer than we think between the two top teams... however, I don't know if weapo had enough time to work on their programs... it was truly a work in progress in russia and they still scored over C/B for the FD... so who knows??? however, if they don't make it to GPF, I won't cry over that for more than a second... it will just give them the time to adjust their programs before the real season starts. Nationals in Canada with 3 very close teams will be intense...

As we've seen with WeaPo success at GPF has little to no meaning for them in the 'second season'. They've got to keep improving though.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
As you may know Max Spodirev has injuried his hand. They decided to compete without removing his stitches so I hope they will have good GP debut despite of his bad luck

LadyB

Record Breaker
I genuinely like the Shibs, but they were a wee bit overscored in their SD at SA for my liking and they're the favourites for CoC. WeaPos were shockingly underscored at their SD in Moscow and totally deserve to be as high up on the podium as possible.
However, S/K are back and I can't wait to see them :cheer: Fingers crossed for a good performance by P/I.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

W/P scored over C/B by less than 2 points for the FD because Evan made a HUGE mistake on the twizzles, losing 3-4 points.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah and??? hubbel donahue scored a couple points higher than piper and paul in france because of a twizzle mistake... same deal... weaver poje lost levels in the SD... this is what competition is all about... so saying that a team like weapo is not that far off considering they outscore one of the already qualified team for GPF is simple truth... no need to argue that they did because CB made a mistake... everyone loses points here and there in every competition....
W/P scored over C/B by less than 2 points for the FD because Evan made a HUGE mistake on the twizzles, losing 3-4 points.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
looking at the draw I see a glimpse of a chance for Kaitlyn and Andrew - if they improved tech in SD, they could challenge Shibutanis, not being far behind them after SD...I like both teams, but have more of a 'soft spot' for WeaPo, so surprise me :cheer:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Shibs are skating first again? Random draw is not their friend :palmf: