2016 Cup of China Short Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Short Dance

katha

On the Ice
That was a nice performance from SinKats, apart from the dreaded twizzles! Considering their injury woes, they looked very good. And the score here is really encouraging as well, again considering the insecurity in the twizzles. I'm relieved for them. :) And the program itself is very entertaining.

MIM

Medalist
I don't know anything technical. But WP definitely skated with more confidence and speed than Shibs did. They were more fired up, maybe the results from the previous competition motivated them?? I don't know.. maybe it had to with the skating order?
But the difference was less than 1point.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
they love them so much that they were kicked out of the podium last year at worlds ;) in 5th... and only got bronze a couple weeks ago (mind you they have VERY much improved their SD from COR)
They were not good at the Worlds. They made errors, but then again so did C/B & they still got a medal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
totally right... i am pretty sure they lost levels in the steps... and that's very costly
Shibs must have lost levels somewhere. Both W/P and S/B has higher TES than them, and we all know their twizzles are the best in buissness (Alex could teach Nikita and Andrew :laugh: ). They've got highest PCS and I've seen them performing better than that so I don't see hammering them down, at least not by judges.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I know you're being facetious, but in all honesty I really don't like the extended twizzle sequence in ice dance. They're so random and I'd rather just watch the skating and lifts.
on a serious note i do like twizzles as an element but only some teams can do it really in sync & with music so that is a truly outstanding moment in the programm like Shibs last year

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
We need to sign some of these teams up for twizzle boot camp.

where Alex Shibutani will be the head coach, seriously - the men need to get twizzle s**t together (Andrew, you're beyond hot, but I'm looking at you about this one)

caitie

Medalist
I've wondered since I'm a casual and occasional ID viewer who doesn't bother read protocols and break down scores of dance, but could anyone tell me since when twizzles became to take such an important position in ice dance?

They were added as an element around the introduction of IJS to help the judges assess the skaters' strength separately. They are the element worth the second most amount of points after step sequences, too.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that's nice that Canadian fans made the trip... the reality though is that we heard the crowd freak out from the streaming... twice... when they did their lift and when andrew jumped over kaetlyn... i doubt there's enough canadians in there to make such a roar in the crowd... but of course... that' s just me thinking outloud...
My sister is there. She just called me. She said quite a few Canadian fans had made the trip. But she did say that many were confused about the score.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
You know Shibs levels were not that good at SA, right? Why couldn't W/P improve why Shibs not, and that made difference? Btw. It's just SD and the difference is minimal :rolleye: I don't see why Shibs cannot win it with FD to come?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Twizzles in dance is like SBS spins and jumps in pairs when skaters hit them perfectly, the elements look spectacular but off-synced ones are not pleasing to watch.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
last year shibs twizzles... probably the best inclusion of them in a program... those will be remembered forever
on a serious not i do like twizzles as an element but only some teams can do it really in sync & with music so that is a truly outstanding moment in the programm like Shibs lat year

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
That was a nice performance from SinKats, apart from the dreaded twizzles! Considering their injury woes, they looked very good. And the score here is really encouraging as well, again considering the insecurity in the twizzles. I'm relieved for them. :) And the program itself is very entertaining.
do u think they can go for 3rd???
Id be sad if the Fed support went to SB & they'd become team's #2 (& I do love SB & they hugely improved!!)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Shibs +GOE was actually 1 point higher than W/P. They just need to clean up the levels -- they shouldn't be getting level 3 on a lift.