2016 Cup of China Short Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Short Dance

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
do u think they can go for 3rd???
Id be sad if the Fed support went to SB & they'd become team's #2 (& I do love SB & they hugely improved!!)

maybe but it also depends on how well their Tango FD has come (ie. not a mess)

caitie

Medalist
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpchn2016/gpchn2016_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Weaver and Poje had a 1 point BV advantage. That basically is their lead right there.

Shibs got level 2 on Pst and level 3 on lift.....some things to work on -- but level 3 on the other step sequence, which is good. But their TES was higher here than at SA, so their +GOE was actually better.

Their levels are slightly improved from Skate America. They got only one level 2 on steps. I wonder what the deal is with their lift not hitting Level 4 yet.

eta

Medalist
So it's the first time I'm reading ID protocols I barely understand anything:hopelessness:

But why did Weaver Poje get +GOE for their twizzle?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That level 3 lift has suprised me, I don't remember Shibs having problems with that... W/P has improved their levels immensely since CoR! :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Their levels are slightly improved from Skate America. They got only one level 2 on steps. I wonder what the deal is with their lift not hitting Level 4 yet.

Yeah I was wrong from earlier--the +GOE is actually slightly worse than Skate America (though not dramatically so).

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
that's nice that Canadian fans made the trip... the reality though is that we heard the crowd freak out from the streaming... twice... when they did their lift and when andrew jumped over kaetlyn... i doubt there's enough canadians in there to make such a roar in the crowd... but of course... that' s just me thinking outloud...
Crowds are not judges. Just because a couple is popular does not mean they should get crazy marks.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
if you would like to complain about anything ;) look at sinkats twizzles scores... then if you can stomach that one, please go ahead and complain about weapo...

sinkats, with obvious mistakes got positive GOE and level 4... weapo... level 3 only... so there...

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 73.78 1 video
2 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 73.23 2 video
3 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 72.09 3 video
4 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 70.24 4 video
5 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL 60.13 5 video
6 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 58.57 6 video
7 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA 53.43 7 video
8 Linshu SONG / Zhuoming SUN CHN 53.20 8 video
9 Hong CHEN / Yan ZHAO CHN 51.54 9 video

Last edited:

katha

On the Ice
do u think they can go for 3rd???
Id be sad if the Fed support went to SB & they'd become team's #2 (& I do love SB & they hugely improved!!)
Idk, it depends on how their FD looks now. This is their first proper outing and the fed knows how it stands with his injuries, so I'd say they may have a bit of leeway if they don't get third here but post good scores and perform well. And then they need to perform well at NHK. The levels were encouraging for the SD, the judges' were decent enough as well. It's normal that there's a bit of hesitation for a pair that hasn't yet performed this season, but it certainly doesn't look like they are being dumped or anything, so that's a relief. And honestly, I wouldn't want them to be leading over S/B now, they had a mistake, it should be reflected in the scores.

caitie

Medalist
So it's the first time I'm reading ID protocols I barely understand anything:hopelessness:

Because ice dance judges rarely give out negative GOE to top tier teams. It's ridiculous. I've seen top teams botch lift entrances and have out of sync wobbly twizzles get +3 GOE.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nope but when a crowd feels that's some great performance is happening, consider that perhaps that's also possible that the judges feel the same excitement for a performance. Their lift was spectacular, judges mostly gave it +3 goe... that's one example... not even talking about PCS here.
Crowds are not judges. Just because a couple is popular does not mean they should get crazy marks.

Lysambre

Final Flight
Wooops, completely forgot it started that early and I missed the whole of the short dance :palmf:

Tha ks for the protocols anyway, I'll catch up later :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looking at the YouTube video, I noticed Alex sort of hesitated and stopped rotation for a moment during the lift, which I believe gets you docked a level.

eta

Medalist
Because ice dance judges rarely give out negative GOE to top tier teams. It's ridiculous. I've seen top teams botch lift entrances and have out of sync wobbly twizzles get +3 GOE.

Well that's just :scowl:

MIM

Medalist
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpchn2016/gpchn2016_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf protocols up

Shibs lost points in the PSt (they got level 2) and the RoLi (level 3).
W/P got level 3 in the twizzles and some +1s in GOE (???????)
PCS relatively the same.

Judges were ready to give W/P 76ish scores but the twizzles happened. Sigh!

@eta, I am with you. I need a dictionary to decode the ID protocol.
But Victoria and Nikita got 0goe for worse Twizzle.
Hmmm...

eta

Medalist
if you would like to complain about anything ;) look at sinkats twizzles scores... then if you can stomach that one, please go ahead and complain about weapo...

sinkats, with obvious mistakes got positive GOE and level 4... weapo... level 3 only... so there...

So I don't know twizzle levels but how they also got +GOE (albeit barely) I cannot understand......

SimplyLex

On the Ice
Funny how base value for the Poles is higher than the first two teams and yet with GOE their TES is like 5 points lower. Was their execution really that poor? Haven't seen anything, just sitting at work looking at the results, so it would be cool if someone could explain how this whole GOE thing played out.

Damn, Maia and Alex really lost some levels here. That score could've been so much higher with level 4s.

Last edited: