2017 Europeans Mens SP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Mens SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That is both awesome and worrisome in the same time. Besides Daniel :)cry:) who will "carry the flame" in Europe after this guard retires? To challenge Nathen, Boyang and Shoma?

Sam McAllister!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :hb: :points:

I can but dream! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

gladiolusc

Medalist
2. Yes. Last season at Euros he scored 102-something with a step-out. That was his best Malaguena until today.

4. Me too. Last season I enjoyed his interpretation of this program a bit more.

But amazing job nevertheless. ;)

Javi looked tired and grim going in though - kind of like Evgenia the other day. And unlike with Evgenia, that actually worried me. So it's a great job done. It's a careful performance today, but maybe that's what he needs to skate this program clean for the first time. Next time he can bring the fire.

Agree with Yatagarasu that his PCS seemed high (compared to the other competitors, some I thought were low-balled...), but I'm happy for him.

Last edited:

ava

On the Ice
TAT said in her commentary after Javier skate that he's married a Russian girl and has a ring on his right hand. The other commentator was speechless and so was I

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I arrived from work just in time to watch Samohin, poor boy, I wanted to give him a big hug :ghug:

Javi performed the best malagueña this season :yes2::yes2: I hope he polishes it before worlds

Glad to be back here in the forum with you all, see you later at the ladies!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Javi's PCS have been generously bestowed in recent years because he is the only Worlds contender (and current World Champion) from Europe.

madison

Record Breaker
TAT said in her commentary after Javier skate that he's married a Russian girl and has a ring on his right hand. The other commentator was speechless and so was I

Who is married to a Russian girl?:scratch2:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
That is both awesome and worrisome in the same time. Besides Daniel :)cry:) who will "carry the flame" in Europe after this guard retires? To challenge Nathen, Boyang and Shoma?

I think it's promising that 'older' men can get more difficult jumps with hard training.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
So Javier just needs to sail it home smoothly, Kovtun needs to watch out not to be Kovtun again and Alexei and Mika will have it out over who gets bronze. Not unexpected, but still interesting. Oh yes, Jorik may be spoiler ...

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Javi BV - 47.75 + GOE 9.18 = 56.93
Maxim BV - 48.05 + GOE 4.92 = 52.97
quality))

In general yes.

Javier does have better spins (jumps are about the same imo, Kovtun's quads are higher but his entrances are not ideal)

But in this case some of those GOEs are ridiculous: i would not mind if Javi leads thanks to his PCS or all +3 for his spins, but when you give him +2 for that very messy combo... :slink: