Team Korea Youngsters | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Team Korea Youngsters

breadstal

Record Breaker
Jun Hwan is leading with PB score of 81.83. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaMRogR7X8&t=29s
Second is Jin Seo with score of 77.25. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBilAdwS9cA
Third, defending champion, June Hyoung with 64.19. He seemed to have back pain in practice and after performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblcETrZoYk

Ladies scores with Eun Soo leading and Ye Lim, Na Hyun trailing. (scores by @ Hailey Shin)

1 Eunsoo Lim 64.53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txxY5D3io18
2 Yelim Kim 63.98 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8w6chFVTM0
3 Na hyun Kim 62.87 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MELwtOmhgpk
4 Dabin Choi 60.19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QBjrQrRb0
5 Yun kyung Kam 59.37 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NlQR07Hu9E
6 Young You 58.71 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWPYhIer0jA Fall on 3T with tano in combo.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
That's it, our national champions are Jun Hwan and Eun Soo, congratulations to both :yes2:

All senior medalists:

SENIOR MEN
1. Cha Jun-Hwan, 238.07
2. Kim Jin-Seo, 216.16
3. Lee Si-Hyeong, 189.91

SENIOR LADIES
1. Lim Eun-Soo, 191.98
2. Kim Ye-Lim, 183.27
3. Kim Na-Hyun, 181.78

ICE DANCING
1. Yura Min/ Alexander Gamelin, 134.36
2. Ho Jung Lee/ Richard Kang in Kam, 127.80

PAIRS.
1. Minji Ji/Themistocles Leftheris, 140.49
2. Su Yeon Kim/ Hyung Tae Kim, 137.62
3. Kyueun Kim/ Alex Kangchan Kam, 127.57

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
http://www.korvideo.com/ViewLink.aspx?Num=417354496372179135
Lee Si Hyeong appeared in a documentary(segment starting 10:47). It's focused on a radio host/peronality, kim hae young. She came to know him when she was on the panel of a morning program. It shares that si hyeong recently made the national team, and she's congratulating his mother. They explain that his family wasn't financially able to support his skating well, so she helped him out. He wasn't able to get new boots in a timely manner, so he twisted/sprained his ankle, failing to get on the nat. team at a competition. Kim heard about that and paid for new boots and treatment. Thought it was a great story worth sharing.

breadstal

Record Breaker
http://www.korvideo.com/ViewLink.aspx?Num=417354496372179135
Lee Si Hyeong appeared in a documentary(segment starting 10:47). It's focused on a radio host/peronality, kim hae young. She came to know him when she was on the panel of a morning program. It shares that si hyeong recently made the national team, and she's congratulating his mother. They explain that his family wasn't financially able to support his skating well, so she helped him out. He wasn't able to get new boots in a timely manner, so he twisted/sprained his ankle, failing to get on the nat. team at a competition. Kim heard about that and paid for new boots and treatment. Thought it was a great story worth sharing.

This is really touching, she is amazing person, Si Hyeong did so well in this year's Nationals and I'm so happy for him to go to Junior Worlds, even more now :sad4:

angelicadiablo

Rinkside
Since South Korea is the top 3 highest placing countries at the Championships, there will be 2 entries in all the JGP events for both Men and Ladies category next year.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Since South Korea is the top 3 highest placing countries at the Championships, there will be 2 entries in all the JGP events for both Men and Ladies category next year.

So proud of jun hwan especially for earning all those spots, especially since korea's weaker in men's. I really wish ksu would reconsider their stupid rule about only level 7 or 8 skaters being eligible to get jgps. Seriously, who do they think they are? Usupportive, robbing young skaters of opportunities... :disapp:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I think it`s really great chance for young ladies skaters next season:biggrin: 14 TICKETS!!!:yahoo: Specially thnx to Eunsoo.

I may say these skaters to get the tickets(with no particular orders): Young You(d), Yelim Kim, Eunsoo Lim, Yun kyung Kam(d), Hanul Kim, Ji hun To(d), Hyun soo Lee
+ and maybe Chae eun Noh(d), So hyun An, Gyo hee Jeon, Bo young Kim, Suh hyun Son(is she still eligible next season? i donno but) also have possibility too.
I marked (d) just behind skaters' name who will debut as junior next season.(I mean who will just become eligible for ISU junior competitions next season):cool:

Hope they all do well at JGP selection events and also at JGPs!!:yahoo: Goood to see many skaters to grab the chance.

And I heard that this year`s JGP selection events will be held at late July, with senior skaters as well. Senior skaters will be headed for their first Olympic team selection events that time.(out of three, and yes, it's quite a looong way to grab the opportunity for home olympics.:drama:)

Now I started to feel the scent of Olympic season.;)

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Lee/Kam of ice dance splited.
This is official, and Lee referred about it at her instagram.
Lee also said that she will retire from a competitive skating.
Some people said that she already starts coaching job under team Choi.(which is the team of Young You and Nahyun Kim)

Ji/Leftheris of pairs also splited.
Ji won`t give up her skating as a competitive skater, but now she`s training alone. Don`t know about Leftheris.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
So sad that Hojung retired, she's part of 1997 squad :sad4: Curious what Haejin will do in next season... Ji/ Leftheris were this year's national champs, right? I thought why they're not at Worlds but that's the reason /sob/. Seriously, I hope that Korea will have skaters in all disciplines at Olympics (another wish is Team Korea to compete in Team event). We also really need to have 'State of Korean figure skating' for next season btw.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sigh, all these teams splitting, I really like Kyueun and alex's skating though, so I hope they're fully fit(i believe she was injured since before nats and even had her knee heavily strapped at 4cc) and make some big strides for next season.

clippers8200

On the Ice
Slightly unrelated to this thread, but does anyone know when All That Skate 2017 is? I'm going to Korea in June and hopeful I'll get to see something lol

breadstal

Record Breaker
Slightly unrelated to this thread, but does anyone know when All That Skate 2017 is? I'm going to Korea in June and hopeful I'll get to see something lol

I read it will be held in June but nothing more.

Also, Misha Ge said in interview that he will choreograph for various Korean skaters :agree:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
There was 2017 1st KSU skaters' Level test at last weekend.
I was there to see, and some skaters did great job and get the level.:hap85:

[*INFO of Level test again!]
KSU divided the 'Levels' into Pre, 1~8. The highest is level 8. Skaters cannot climb all levels at once, they have to get it one by one from Pre-level to level 8.
Almost all skaters we knew get the level 8, like Yuna Kim(she earned it almost 15 years ago haha), Dabin Choi, Nahyun Kim, Eunsoo Lim, Yelim Kim and Young You..... Okay, almost all. And for men, Jun hwan Cha, Jinseo Kim and etc.

They do 4 times of level tests per year, and skaters should pass over level 5 to participate most of domestic events which is important (like Korean Nationals or Ranking competitions).
Skaters of level 5~6 can participate those events as junior, and 7~8 can participate as senior regardless of their age.

In level tests, two type of tests are going on. First is 'Required Elements test' and second is 'Free skating test'. Only skaters who passed R.E test can advance to Free skating test. This does going through in one day.
After passing both tests, skaters can get the level.

Last weekend's level test was important to the skaters especially who want to participate JGP selection events this summer, because KSU only allows the skaters over level 7 to participate the selection events. Of course they also have to meet the junior age of ISU. But if they failed to get level 7 here, they have one more chance again at 2017 2nd level test, because it will happen(at June) before selection events(maybe July).

Anyway, here's some of skaters' level test vids from last weekend.

*Level 5 (Required jumps to pass: 2A / Free skating: well-balanced Free skating program for Junior with 2A)
11 skaters passed this level this time, out of 34 skaters.
Passed skaters and their free skating tests:
-Seo young Kim (2006.04.08)
-Yeon jung Park (2006.01.19)
-Min kyung Jeong (2005.12.23)
-Ye jin Yun (2005.09.30)
-Mun ju Kwak (2005.09.29)
-Seo hyun Min (2005.09.20)
-Seo young Wee (2005.03.15)
-Min kyeol Kim (2004.02.09)
-Yeon woo Kang (2003.03.21)
-Seung yeon Cho (2002.08.08)
-Hyun woo Kim *male skater (2000.02.23)

*Level 6 (Required jumps to pass: 3S, 3T / Free skating: well-balanced Free skating program for Junior with both 3S, 3T)
6 skaters passed this level this time, out of 20 skaters.
-Ji won Mo (2006.07.29)
-Do eun Kim (2003.11.22)
-Yu rim Lee (2002.10.30)
-Duk hoon Jeong *male skater (2002.08.13)
-Hyun Kim *male skater (2002.04.09)
-Sung hyun Yoon (2002.03.26)

*Level 7 (Required jumps to pass: girls: 2 of 3Lo, 3F, or 3Lz AND 3-2 combination jump include those kinds of jumps / boys: 2 of 3Lo, 3F, or 3Lz AND one 3-3 combination jump / Free skating: well-balanced Free skating program for Senior with required jumps)
10 skaters passed this level this time, out of 13 skaters.
-Hae in Lee (2005.04.16)
-So eun Choi (2004.05.11)
-Yian Kim (2004.03.31)
-Hyun soo Choi (2003.12.16)
-Young hyun Cha *male skater (2003.09.24)
-Ye eun Seo (2003.04.29)
-Eun bi Ko (2003.03.07)
-Jae seok Kyung *male skater (2000.09.26)
-Mi sun Park (2000.08.18)
-You jin Jung (1999.03.09)

Skaters who did not pass and their free skating tests:
-Seung been Yu (2004.09.07)
-Si won Lee (2003.12.12)
-Min young Lee (2001.02.06)

*Level 8 (Required jumps to pass: girls: 3 kinds of triple jumps AND one 3-3 combination jump (it should be different kind of jump as solo jumps) / boys: 4 kinds of triple jumps AND 3A / Free skating: well-balanced Free skating program for Senior with required jumps)
2 skaters passed this level this time, out of 2 skaters.
-Bo young Kim (2002.10.02)
-Gyo hee Jeon (2002.03.31)

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Haein looks so talented, she reminds me of You Young especially on jumps and spins. So is Soeun, good jumper and has nice quality in her skating. Yian has a bit of junior Yuna feeling omg, they look-alike (at least for me :laugh:) and have similar style. Boyoung and Gyohee are really good :luv17: