2017 CS Finlandia Ladies FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Ladies FS

Procrastinator

On the Ice
It's like she was about to do Shoma's cantilever and then realized she didn't have the core strength.

Work that shawl, hunty!

Leppis

On the Ice
But it does show that judges not moderating PCS in response to serious errors could potentially create perverse incentives. And yes, PCS and TES do have some correlation because errors can speak to a skater's SS, Execution, etc

I understand your point. But honestly, I think a much bigger problem is awarding high PCS to skaters who are perfect technically but without it would never receive the high PCS.

whatif

Medalist
Why do they keep draping Tukt with those chiffons? She always look like she is trying to hide her pregnancy. Sotskova looks like is getting that third spot.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I have no issue with Carolina's PCS given the current scoring. She's actually interpreting something difficult and hitting the nuances of the music.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
But is it their job to moderate the scores, or actually analyze what's happening on the ice?

I don't understand your response, moderating the PCS in response to serious mistakes should occur naturally, as it does when the judges are judging non-favorites from weaker countries.

starla16

Medalist
Why do they keep draping Tukt with those chiffons? She always look like she is trying to hide her pregnancy. Sotskova looks like is getting that third spot.

not unless Pogorilaya and Tsurakaya have anything to say about this.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Things looks bad for Liza. I don't know if it is the cameraman, but they made Liza looks skating small.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

We haven't seen Anna yet. *graspingatstraws*

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't understand your response, moderating the PCS in response to serious mistakes should occur naturally, as it does when the judges are judging non-favorites from weaker countries.

This is completely true.....The effect of the program is marred when a skater falls, steps out, or pops a jump. The mood is ruined by the "break" in the program. I Love Tuk and always have. Today however, I think she should be 4th in the free, behind Angela, and 3rd overall.

It looks that's what happened....;)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
RE Carolina: should she get 9s in interpretation and skating skills? Hell yes! Should she get 9s in transitions and performance when her performance was clearly flawed? Probably not. I would be happy with 8s to be honest, I do think she's an amazing skater, but I don't see why she should get all 9s regardless.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Idk why people are so surprised by Carolina's scores. Where have you guys been in the last few years?