2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIM

Medalist
there is indeed something so very regal about her sole presence, the way she moves, gesticulates...I am glad that she opted for classical music - she, like probably no one else nowadays, can translate harmony of it through movement. The skate was compellng and mesmerized, she really owned the moment. So many lovely details in choreography done in such intricate, elegant way. Whimsical flow and controlled abandon in expression, movement, splendid interpretation of the airiness of the music. She let herself lost a bit in that piece, be a part of the melody line - and she gave that out to the people, a little piece of something dreamy.
So beautifully put into words as always!!:luv17:

Leonardo

Final Flight
This PCS is ridiculous, it's like no one is going to able to beat Medvedeva when she is just consistent. Nothing else in her skating is that outstanding, the spins are meh, postures meh, what warrants these crazy PCS stores. This is making figure skating boring, play even with PCS and don't overscore people by PCS. That's why I enjoy men's skating more, you can never predict who the winner is. But with these inflated PCS scores, the same people wins.

Agreed x 1000

Tulipstar

Medalist
You almost get the feeling every Kostner performance is a gala. She seems to skate with so much joy and freedom, as if it's not a competition, and I seem to watch her performances like it's a show.

Love how she uses her arms too.

daphna

On the Ice
Caro's lutz was very consistent in 2013-14 season. I hope she'll have it for the olympics. she only needs one.

yuki

Final Flight
The silly miming in Med's program bothered me. I can't see how her cheery and surprised faces had anything to do with Anna Karenina.

Not entirely sure what she's going for either. Anna Karenina is supposed to be a mature woman and she is playing her as a love-struck teenager (she is a teenager, of course, but why go for this character then?)

Nika09

On the Ice
Anyway, arguing about scoring in Ladies events is just wasting of time (Medvedeva's smile after falling tell it all). They could just pick whoever they want and gave them medals, without all this useless routines.

I'm waiting for COC though, demo version of Japanese nationals additionally with Zagi, Gabby and beautiful programs!

And question of the day: why on earth Kaori and especially Wakaba did change their previous costumes?!

madison

Record Breaker
Agreed. And of course it's not her fault. She's the best overall skater in the world (but of course not perfect_a flutzer with less than stellar jumping technique and skating skills_ and not enough to score a 150 with a fall when others score low 140s with perfect programs) and always wins fair and square. The bad thing about extreme overscoring is that it makes the competition 70 per cent less interesting (because we know who's going to win even with 1 or 2 falls which is absurd). I hope that Zagitova changes this scenario a little bit.

I hope Zagitova will make to the GPF... I'm nervous for her as I know she will get really low PCS :mad:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Wakababy's new dress is gorg:love: and I love her FS sooooo much.:luv17:
You do great baby power! Wakaba!!!:love:

zblc015

Rinkside
The silly miming in Med's program bothered me. I can't see how her cheery and surprised faces had anything to do with Anna Karenina.

Ok, maybe she can do the whole programme with the face at ththe exact moment she (Anna) throws herself under a train?

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Sorry, but I just cannot with Caro's program. Not even a single 3-3, the first half is especially empty. No lutz. Meeeeeh.

I'm really down about Wakaba. This made things so much harder for her because I don't think she would have gotten 2nd even without mistakes, Caro would have been pushed up by the judges. Meeeeh times two. And Wakaba is good in the components too, where she is constantly underscored.
Really not happy, especially as this takes GPF pretty much out of the picture for her, and she's locked in such a fierce Oly spots battle. Still, congrats on giving it her all and breaking 200.

Well done Medvedeva. Anna K is a fantastic program for her, I am so glad she changed it and in the future I hope this helps her stay clear of Averbukh.
Also that dress is divine.

berry8

Final Flight
I can see your point in the 2 latter points, but Radionova underscored? She completely lacked a jumping pass and had a fall for -1, which means that she automatically got dinged for around 7 points for just that. And her PCS was 69 which isn't what she's gained even when at her best. How can you possibly consider that underscored?

you are right... Radionova was heavily overscored according to me.
Her posture is horrible...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I honestly don't think any judge could place Kostner ahead of Evgenia. The system actually isn't about which style you like better but tech component and pcs. I prefer Kostner's style but much of the complainants about Evgenia are more preference than actual deductions. Over acting, similar music, similar programs are not on the scoring requisites or scorecard - that's why Wagner can win with her third time use of Moulin Rouge. That being said Kostner did struggle a bit with landing and has one less triple than Evgenia. Still Kostner I believe on last year world standings would have been ranked second. I still think she can medal at olympics especially if others make errors.

curious

Final Flight
Her TES was of course behind Medvedeva's. And the transitions part of PCS. But skating skills, performance/execution, interpretation, and choreography should definitely have been higher.

And maybe, just maybe, she's not assuming judges should give her certain placements, and is instead skating for the love of it and letting the chips fall where they may.[/QUO

evgenia is not assuming anything she hasn't earned. I love caro too, but she can't compete technically with evgeni, that's a fact. You should praise her Russian legendary coach mishin. He is the reason she has improve her jumps .

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Zhenya is so sublime! <3

Carolina skated better than she has in years. What a treat that was. That program suits her like a glove and that music is GORGEOUS!! Awesome!

Happy Wakaba was able to hang on to bronze. I adore her as well.

Baby steps for Mirai. I think this is a huge improvement from her program last season. Hopefully she'll be able to put it together when it counts at Nationals.

madison

Record Breaker
Looking better to Med's outfit I could see that she has a gothic approach to Anna Karenina with all that intense black make-up, black and golden nails and that gloves.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I agree with this. Regardless of how you feel about her skating, it's clear she is simply soaking in the experience -- there's a certain freedom I'm seeing from her now that is such a notable contrast from early in her career, when she had the burden of being a up-an-coming skater.

I think she's skating to programs she believes in and she's working on improving what she can.

and isn't it good to see how her maturity, sophistication and elegance dveloped in style are now influencing her competitive stuff? She's captalizing on what she has best right now, not really chewing her nails over ladies much ahead technically or with consitent delivering - I am glad she's back and still going well, because she serves for me an unique experience and point of view as a performer, interpretator. She certainly has material highlighting her best qualities and making her persona pop the strongest - her competitive stuff is now more about her presence, it defines then the rest like music, choreograpy, elements. I admire that individual, confident and bold approach, and with her it does the kick, pretty much regardless of execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.