Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 94 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

firal

Record Breaker
I teared up at work seeing Jason's message in the Kiss and Cry. Reports say he wrote it in the hotel after practices. Really really sweet. What make these gestures from athletes all the more touching for me is the fact that they've probably all been in similar boats before, suffering from injuries and having to withdraw. They know first hand, more than I do, how it feels to prepare for something then have an injury that you have to make a tough decision. They also know how much these kinds words of encouragement mean. Thanks everyone!

I like Florent's message: https://mobile.twitter.com/FlorentAmodio/status/928897942987198464

True indeed!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I just got back, our viewing group decided to cut our get-together short, instead of having two nights together. The group didn't have the heart to watch without Yuzu there. We were happy that other members of Team Japan did well, but we decided to watch the second night separately. -Had a nice dinner together and tried to take our minds off the worry for Yuzu. My mom in particular was so disappointed, and our comments on other skaters and the event in general turned very salty because of our bad mood. :biggrin::angry1::palmf: In reality, everyone did quite well, but we MISSED YUZU!
Giving a hug to all fans and joining a prayer that he'll heal quickly! :ghug:

yude

Record Breaker
I just got back, our viewing group decided to cut our get-together short, instead of having two nights together. The group didn't have the heart to watch without Yuzu there. We were happy that other members of Team Japan did well, but we decided to watch the second night separately. -Had a nice dinner together and tried to take our minds off the worry for Yuzu. My mom in particular was so disappointed, and our comments on other skaters and the event in general turned very salty because of our bad mood. :biggrin::angry1::palmf: In reality, everyone did quite well, but we MISSED YUZU!
Giving a hug to all fans and joining a prayer that he'll heal quickly! :ghug:

I always like your family story :) I was like your mom, and maybe still I am, but I had good time with my family watching Men's SP because we were totally "tension free" :laugh: Of course, we all miss Yuzuru, though.

Ender

Match Penalty
I think people are worried too much. So what if Hanyu will not go to GPF and National? They really think JSF don’t want to send Hanyu to the Olympics? They would love to drag him to the Olympics.
The reality is:
JSF, ISU and IOC all want him to appear at the Olympics. All he needs is to calmly heal.

Henni147

Final Flight
Just listened to the radio while washing-up and Whitney Houston was singing "One Moment in Time". Didn't thought anything special at first, but then I realized, how perfectly the lyrics fit Yuzu's current situation and his road to Olympics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4v6cO1GMk

"I broke my heart
Fought every gain
To taste the sweet
I faced the pain
I rise and fall
Yet through it all
This much remains."
-----> couldn't describe any better what happened in this year's GP-series :cry:

Suddenly I got sentimental and imagined these 4:30 minutes as his free in the future. #GoosebumpsFromHeadToFeet

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I think people are worried too much. So what if Hanyu will not go to GPF and National? They really think JSF don’t want to send Hanyu to the Olympics? They would love to drag him to the Olympics.
The reality is:
JSF, ISU and IOC all want him to appear at the Olympics. All he needs is to calmly heal.

Is anyone really worried he won't be at the Olympics? He's the reigning WC, Japan has 3 spots, he is basically already qualified. And I'm not thinking highly of JSF's combined intelligence, but they won't waste a chance at a medal.

I guess if he'll be at nationals or not is the next question, and the only worry if he can gain enough momentum for the Olympics. But I had a long road through Yuzu's carrier via youtube videos yesterday evening, and that calmed me down quite a lot. He's a fighter, and he won't let no GPF (and even possibly no nats) get in the way of doing his best at Olympics. Let's just pray he heals fast and fully and can get back to the ice soon. We all know guy can't be happy without being on the ice :yes:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
lol, seriously anyone thinks JSF is not going to send Hanyu to Olympics ? He and Uno have two spots and they don't even need to compete at nationals

lol, seriously anyone thinks JSF is not going to send Hanyu to Olympics ? He and Uno have two spots and they don't even need to compete at nationals

Totally agreed! Hey guys let's not make any extra drama. There is absolutely nothing to be worried about. His Olympic spot, and Shoma's too, is locked unless a world-shaking catastrophe happens. He is going to win both the Worlds and Olympics 2018 :agree:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Even if he misses Nationals, he will definitely be selected for the Olympics. Yuzu and Shoma are by far the best Japan has in men’s figure skating, I don’t think anyone else has yet reached a level in which they can stand up to the likes of Nathan, Patrick, Boyang, Javi etc. JSF will send these two no matter what, and Nationals will decide who the third spot goes to.
Everyone wants Yuzu at the Olympics, no need to worry about that :)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I guess if he'll be at nationals or not is the next question, and the only worry if he can gain enough momentum for the Olympics. But I had a long road through Yuzu's carrier via youtube videos yesterday evening, and that calmed me down quite a lot. He's a fighter, and he won't let no GPF (and even possibly no nats) get in the way of doing his best at Olympics. Let's just pray he heals fast and fully and can get back to the ice soon. We all know guy can't be happy without being on the ice :yes:

Yuzuru is the king of comebacks. He's fought through so much and came back stronger every single time. This gives me a lot of hope! Sending positive thoughts his way :)

Danibellerika

Medalist
I have no worries about Yuzu being selected for the Olympics. I just worry about his conditioning to peak properly there, and if he is still insistent on the lutz that doesn't have a lot of competition mileage. And I also selfishly do not want to sit through a 3rd disaster of a performance for Seimei (Boston and ACI were enough). And of course I'm sure that's the last thing he wants.

Is anyone really worried he won't be at the Olympics? He's the reigning WC, Japan has 3 spots, he is basically already qualified. And I'm not thinking highly of JSF's combined intelligence, but they won't waste a chance at a medal.

:agree: Yes, let's just remember how many time he has surprised us? How many times he has gone beyond the wildest expectations? How many times he has turned the tables? It's more than you can count with your fingers. Let's just remember that he is #TheLegendHimself.

I have no worries about Yuzu being selected for the Olympics. I just worry about his conditioning to peak properly there, and if he is still insistent on the lutz that doesn't have a lot of competition mileage. And I also selfishly do not want to sit through a 3rd disaster of a performance for Seimei (Boston and ACI were enough). And of course I'm sure that's the last thing he wants.

4th, you forgot Japan Nationals 2015 :dev3:

P.S. We say in our country "it always happens three in a row". So the disaster count of Seimei is full, rest assured :biggrin:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

So if he does mess it up at Olys, we know who to blame :biggrin:

Sorry, just a joke - some light heartedness can't hurt now!

Danibellerika

Medalist
4th, you forgot Japan Nationals 2015 :dev3:

P.S. We say in our country "it always happens three in a row". So the disaster count of Seimei is full, rest assured :biggrin:

I meant with me there in the area. I was in Boston, I was in Montreal, and I'll be in PyeongChang. But I'm totally okay if the fates default to his own personal experience. Or if it's my experience we have "Three times the charm" which I'm very okay with.

So if he does mess it up at Olys, we know who to blame :biggrin:

Sorry, just a joke - some light heartedness can't hurt now!

I always worry about what kind of luck I am. But I have sat through his most recent world records (H&L and Chopin), so I guess I'm not too bad, right?