Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

yude

Record Breaker
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20171112/k10011220901000.html

Sorry, only Yuzuru's comments. NHK had exclusive interview with him today.

"I had many regretful feeling. I want to be stronger and stronger and overcome it."

"I felt that my ankle got in strange direction. I hoped that I could manage and I stepped on the ice and tried to skate, but I could not put my weight on the right leg, so I thought it was severe."

"I was filled with the feeling that it couldn't be helped. I was in a state that I could not do anything and I had a lot of regret feeling. As gymnastic gold medalist, Kohei Uchimura says, if you are injured, you are still not good enough. There is only a little time if you count until Pyongchan Olympic Games, but only I have to do is to do one by one what I can do now. I want to go back on the ice with the condition fully recovered."

"Toward Japanese nationals which is the final national selection of the Olympic Games, I will truly truly save my energy, become stronger myself to give all, and overcome this one month in a state that I break out of my shell."

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20171112/k10011220901000.html

Sorry, only Yuzuru's comments. NHK had exclusive interview with him today.

"I had many regretful feeling. I want to be stronger and stronger and overcome it."

"I felt that my ankle got in strange direction. I hoped that I could manage and I stepped on the ice and tried to skate, but I could not put my weight on the right leg, so I thought it was severe."

"I was filled with the feeling that it couldn't be helped. I was in a state that I could not do anything and I had a lot of regret feeling. As gymnastic gold medalist, Kohei Uchimura says, if you are injured, you are still not good enough. There is only a little time if you count until Pyongchan Olympic Games, but only I have to do is to do one by one what I can do now. I want to go back on the ice with the condition fully recovered."

"Toward Japanese nationals which is the final national selection of the Olympic Games, I will truly truly save my energy, become stronger myself to give all, and overcome this one month in a state that I break out of my shell."

Thanks! I'm glad he sees his way forward now. He must be patient with the healing process, which is probably the hardest part. For him and all of us. :ghug:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Thanks! I'm glad he sees his way forward now. He must be patient with the healing process, which is probably the hardest part. For him and all of us. :ghug:

Same, I'm happy he seems determined even though it must be really hard for him to accept. Sending him positive vibes for the comeback of a lifetime!

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Evgenia about Yuzu:

- At this GP in Osaka Yuzuru Hanyu got injured. Do you want to give him some words?

- Yes, many athletes are very upset that Yuzuru was injured and could not come here. We do not often meet in competitions, but when this happens, then, as Misha Ge said, the three of us get along really well. Most importantly, I want to wish Yuzuru to not think about anything, just focus on recovering and gaining new strength. I am sure that his relatives will support him, I wish him a speedy recovery.

(Google translated)

giulia95

Medalist
Many thanks for upload and thanks to I.Klaus for translation!

I’ve read a a slightly different interview translation from I.Klaus but I can't put the link, may I ask who Iron Klaus is?

Finally and correctly they showed Yuzu, it seems the clip was recorded on Sunday morning, so he had time to start digesting what happened, it’s time to restart.

Dear Yuzu, believe in yourself and keep fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

summerbliss

Rinkside
I was in so much shock that morning when I read about yuzu injuring his ankle because it was everything that I wished not to happen, especially this season. but I guess, I've come to a realisation that he is human contrary to the way he moves like nothing can bring him down when he's skating. I hope he's coping and gives himself enough time to heal, both body and mind. he must me under a lot of pressure but he is a smart guy so I believe he will take care of himself.
praying for his health :pray:

QuadSal

On the Ice
Hello,
New to the site here, hoping to post more often.
I hope Yuzuru will do well in the upcoming nationals, even though he will miss the GPF. :)

Hello,
New to the site here, hoping to post more often.
I hope Yuzuru will do well in the upcoming nationals, even though he will miss the GPF. :)

Welcome and thanks for starting with positive energy. Yes, he will do well and so will we on supporting him :ghug:

yude

Record Breaker
Now I've just watched evening news at 10 on NHK, they showed one more comment by him and he said his ankle is already getting better (than the last two days). Probably we'll have video soon :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68v7ga

At 00:27

"It has been really getting better, but I won't relax my guard while I'm relieved little by little. I hope I'll be able to get on the ice with the condition completely healed."

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Aww... so sad Yuzuru had withdrawn. It'll be a sad GPF without him. But I also wish for him to grow stronger better for the Olympics. Cheering for you Yuzuru, and a speedy recovery. :pray: