2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

rain

Record Breaker
Correct placings and I'm not there live but for the life of me I don't understand how Satoko doesn't get 9's in those last 3 PCS categories. Not even Carolina is matching that short in terms of interpretation of the music :scratch2:

Satoko does choreography. Carolina feels and expresses music.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Very unexpected standings. I am rooting for Kaori, Gabby, & the Russian girls...still can't get into Satoko :slink:

auser

Record Breaker
Oh thank goodness, I'm not the only one who likes them :laugh:

Yeah, Gabby!
Actually, I think it is kind of refreshing to hear this version of Carmen. And I love Gabby's verve in her Carmen ... not the same ole thing :rock:. Go ahead and throw tomatoes all who disagree. I need to eat more veggies today.:laugh: Updated to add Erm, make that fruit and veggies :eek::

desertskates

Medalist
I have a feeling these placements will change so fast our heads will spin tomorrow. See you back here then!

Roast Toast

Medalist
Lmao that's what happens with a lenient technical caller -- if Ashley doesn't hit, then Satoko benefits!

randomfan

Record Breaker
Did the technical panel decide to conveniently ignore the URs on the -3T and the 3Lo? I'm not at all good at detecting them, but they were pretty blatant in slow-motion.....

The 3T was UR for sure, but the 3Lo rotation looked like it was just barely enough.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
This probably won't happen (?) but what if neither polina or ashley were to make the top 2 here - who would go to the gpf?

Wakaba.

And she could still go even if one of them WAS 2nd, if they didn't get a high enough score and the other one wasn't 1st.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Satoko does choreography. Carolina feels and expresses music.

I'm a fan of both ladies so that wasn't my point. Let's not shortchange Satoko. You have to have lots of timing and nuance to pull off what she does. There are so many tiny changes to her face, hands, etc throughout her program but those might best be captured on camera and not live

andromache

Record Breaker
Actually, I think it is kind of refreshing to hear this version of Carmen. And I love Gabby's verve in her Carmen ... not the same ole thing :rock:. Go ahead and throw tomatoes all who disagree. I need to eat more veggies today.:laugh:

I've always really liked Gabby's fierceness and attack, but this Carmen program is her worst program ever.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'm surprised...I really thought Kaori would end up leading.

But still, I'm happy for both of them. The top two are both Japanese, and the only Russian in the second group is Serafima! Who would've thought?

They really played down on jump quality after the rule changes, big jumpers no longer get the quality credit they deserve. It just about get things done with tick box features.

Satoko received the skate last and Japan no1 bonus as expected.I thought the judging was quite fair, hardly bonus for home skaters, not as much as other GP events anyway. They could have saved Karen, but she didn't even get high PCS. The panel is very balanced which makes a nice change.