2018 US Championships Sr. Short Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Short Dance

TCAngel18

Medalist
I want Chock/Bates to climb higher after this quad. I feel like they've got the potential to, and I wonder what is holding them back. Music choices, or politics? Or are Hubbe//Donahue just that much better technically?

A little bit of everything. I think that they also have different strengths and weaknesses, but haven’t quite learned yet to blend them into a cohesive unit.

matcha

Medalist
I want Chock/Bates to climb higher after this quad. I feel like they've got the potential to, and I wonder what is holding them back. Music choices, or politics? Or are Hubbe//Donahue just that much better technically?

H/D are better technically and have excellent basic skating skills imo. Just look at their edge work compared to C/B's tbh.

Yes, the second half bonus, but if it’s hindering their ability to perform and emote (for her it clearly was), better to get it over with.

There's no second half bonus in ice dance.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
This is very good, but if I'm on here instead of watching them so early on...
not good...

synteis

Medalist
They look like they're having a lot of fun which is greta to see. Starting with the dance sequence at the start worked really well for them.

keasus

On the Ice
YESSSSSS. That Rach short program is one of the iconic performances of all time. I think it even beats her 2002 Nationals of the same program.

I was there. My seat was four rows from the ice. I never heard a skid or saw a flat the entire time Michelle skated. Like butta!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Can someone explain how with their twizzle troubles, they still got a +1.63 GOE and level 4?
NVM, just got changed to Level 3

TCAngel18

Medalist
I swear, Zach Donohue makes me think so many adult thoughts that aren’t appropriate for this forum.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Seems like the level 4 on the no-touch is gonna stick... PCS will be very revealing. I'll never understand the placement of their twizzles...

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
H/D are better technically and have excellent basic skating skills imo. Just look at their edge work compared to C/B's tbh.

There's no second half bonus in ice dance.

That is what I was wondering.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
H/D currently have 3 Level 3's and 2 Level 4's
Doubt this is going in front of C/B

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love Hubbell and Donohue and root hard for them but have to admit they were a bit slower and less crispier than usual. I guess they were nervous.