2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs FS

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I've just arrived and I see there are just some 4 couples left. Is there any chance I could watch it live or not?

bobbob

Medalist
How did Cain/LeDuc score that much more than Castelli/Tran, especially in PCS? Castelli/Tran had much better pair skating and non jump elements by far.

TCAngel18

Medalist
Why do skaters pick Spartacus?!?! Khatchaturian is such a heavy composer, ugh. I get you can have some great highlights, but the program itself just SLOWWWWWWWS Down.

synteis

Medalist
Thank goodness she saved the landing on that throw. I couldn't bear it to be any more of a meltdown.

TCAngel18

Medalist
How did Cain/LeDuc score that much more than Castelli/Tran, especially in PCS? Castelli/Tran had much better pair skating and non jump elements by far.

Honestly, some of it has to do with height. Being a tall team has some advantages, with the virtuosity of each move.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really was looking forward to Chelsea & Brian, but there are too many mistakes for them.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I've just arrived and I see there are just some 4 couples left. Is there any chance I could watch it live or not?

Considering the 4 pairs left are a practice group and still have their warmup left, it leaves you a little time to get a stream working. There was one at the bottom of the first page of this thread but I'm not sure if it's still active since the television broadcast is live in the US.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
btw how many spots USA has in pairs?

Only 1. 2 for Worlds, but 1 for Olympics because they were the last country to meet the Worlds requirements for 2 spots, and other countries qualified ahead of them for 15 of the 16 spots allocated at 2017 Worlds.

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Audience much more into Cain/Leduc than Castelli/Tran, responded really strongly to the singles tech abilities and are hungry for a clean program.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you think has more potential L/J or P/F?