2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - SP

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok please don't hate me. But I cannot with this music.

How do you skate while it wails about dust in the wind and you know you're pretty much retiring? Everything is dust in the wind ... and my career .... over and over and over again. He has those lovely, amazing skating skills, that flow .... just can he please go back to Blackbird?

I could not agree more, Patrick is soooo much better than this tune, hated it in the 70s and has not improved with age.

All we arrrrre is duuuust in the wind....ugh:palmf:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

How do you skate while it wails about dust in the wind and you know you're pretty much retiring? Everything is dust in the wind ... and my career .... over and over and over again. He has those lovely, amazing skating skills, that flow .... just can he please go back to Blackbird?

I'm starting to think self-referencial programs are bad luck.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Looks like Patrick and Alaine can establish a club for solo dancing. They are great, as long as they keep their blades on the ice.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
More competition is needed? You had a competition, it was called NHK Trophy. :slink: maybe there might have been a GPF there for you too...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Not a clean performance from Patrick, but he'd been away from competition for some months, so I just hope he can deliver in FS and at Olympics.

rain

Record Breaker

I have always loved this song, but I agree that it's a downer, especially in your last, farewell season. I can't imagine it's a motivator when you've been having problems, either.

Nevertheless — that footwork sequence — there's nothing better.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I'm flipping terrified for tomorrow. I'm gonna miss it live, gotta watch it on DVR. I am going to be the worst friend at that birthday party I have to go to...

CAS

On the Ice
I wish Skate Canada would force him to go train full time with Ravi and Kaitlyn. It's only a month Patrick, do it for the team (event).

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, looks like it could be close then. For the national title I mean. Patrick is pretty much locked in for one of the 2 spots for the Olympics. Though I'm not sure if Patrick will be lights out in the FP. If he is, game over, Patrick will get national title #10. If not, well, someone might enjoy their first national title.

Last edited: