Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 214 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lily flowers

On the Ice
I was rewatching her European's short program to soak in the beauty and i remembered how I wondered about her skating shoes, which seem to have some "cutouts" in them.... they are not solid like most skating shoes.... is there a reason for that? Better for the feet/cushioning the impacting of jumps or something? Or just aesthetics?

http://www.excellesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/GettyImages-622609480.jpg

Those are Edea Piano boots. They also have Ice Fly, which has a different type of cut outs. They seem to be popular.
I always assumed it was just aesthetics, but who knows.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Those are Edea Piano boots. They also have Ice Fly, which has a different type of cut outs. They seem to be popular.
I always assumed it was just aesthetics, but who knows.

Here is what they say on their website about the cut outs: "The new design with its 7 openings (7 notes) and extra stitching both add additional support. The power generated by the skater is transmitted better to the blade making the skate react quicker to each push, this gives you improved thrust and more control when skating."

They're the same ones that Yuzu and Gabby Daleman use :)

freeman21

On the Ice
Google Evgenia and see what comes up first. Her most viewed video on youtube? Sailor Moon. The Buzzfeed article? Yuri on Ice. Teen Vogue? Sailor Moon. People who don't really watch figure skating know her for this, especially outside of Russia.

Can confirm. Last year (in May I think) I saw a video of her Sailor Moon routine on 9GAG. Had no idea who she was previously, and before that I used to watch figure skating like 2 times/year, when I didn't have anything to do and Eurosport was airing some event.

Now I'm not missing any GP event and I'm actually attending the Europeans in Moscow next week; all that from just watching a freaking Sailor Moon program... and the thing is, I'm not even an anime fan. I'm an average 30 y/o guy who remembered Sailor Moon because it was one of the first (non-US and non-RUS) cartoon series airing in my country (Romania) in the 90s.

Ame

Final Flight
Can confirm. Last year (in May I think) I saw a video of her Sailor Moon routine on 9GAG. Had no idea who she was previously, and before that I used to watch figure skating like 2 times/year, when I didn't have anything to do and Eurosport was airing some event.

Now I'm not missing any GP event and I'm actually attending the Europeans in Moscow next week; all that from just watching a freaking Sailor Moon program... and the thing is, I'm not even an anime fan. I'm an average 30 y/o guy who remembered Sailor Moon because it was one of the first (non-US and non-RUS) cartoon series airing in my country (Romania) in the 90s.

Same for me, I watched Sailor Moon when I was a kid and one day I stumbled on her Sailor Moon Ex on youtube. I then digged deeper in this field and here I am xD, before that I had absolutely zero interest in this sport.

zounger

Medalist

Imagine if the first non US/Rus cartoon was airing was Bolek and Lolek, you should have skipped the 9gag video and not going to Moscow. Crazy right.

Just kidding :). I love this coincident stories.

Nameless

Rinkside
There is probably some kind of exaggeration about hate against anime-lovers there. Everybody loves Miyazaki and there is a lot of anime for children on russian TV channels and anime fests are held without any problems. After all Zhenya went to Urgant Show with Victuri on her top and nobody cared. The same with TV Shows, yes, most of russian reality and talk shows are really trashy but analogues of the Voice, Dance with Stars, Ice Dances are quite decent.
Yes, that's true. And one more important thing - this new Show will be aired by the main Russian TV channel - "1 Channel", so a lot of people all over Russia will know about Evgenia before the Olympics.

*My first comment here, hello to everybody!

Ame

Final Flight
Do anyone know practices' schedule? Can I expect some fancams of her? :sad21:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Alexander Gorshkov: "Medvedeva is preparing for the European Championships. There were almost no consequences after the injury "

President of the Federation of Figure Skating of Russia (FFKR) Alexander Gorshkov said that there are no changes in the composition of the Russian national team for the European Championships.

"The line-up, with the exception of Evgenia Medvedeva, was determined according to the sporting principle based on the results of the Russian championship. To date, there are no changes in the composition, "Gorshkov said.

Recall, Medvedeva because of the injury was unable to participate in the qualifying Russia. She was included in the team decision of the coaching council.

"Evgenia Medvedeva is deliberately preparing for the start. There were almost no consequences after the trauma. Knowing the character of our figure skater, we can be sure that we will see the real Evgenia Medvedeva "Gorshkov said.

The European Championship will be held January 15-21 in Moscow.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Alexander Gorshkov: "Medvedeva is preparing for the European Championships. There were almost no consequences after the injury "

President of the Federation of Figure Skating of Russia (FFKR) Alexander Gorshkov said that there are no changes in the composition of the Russian national team for the European Championships.

There's our answer, knock on wood that everything is indeed all right! Euros here we come :yes2:

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I am just so nervous for her. Hopefully, she do well. She is young but at the same time has experience to her advantage.

Sam L

Medalist
Good luck to Zhenya for the Europeans. Figure skating needs her to be back at her best.

Meanwhile, I've been watching her Madonna's Vogue EX, isn't just one of the best ever?