Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 216 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lily flowers

On the Ice
Simonenko about impressions from an open training

https://rsport.ria.ru/blog_simonenko/20180117/1131246445.html

Favorite quotes from this article (through google translate)

“Medvedev and Zagitov go out to the side together, throwing jokes - if it was seen by those who represent their rivalry as a war, they would be greatly disappointed.”:love:

“Can you imagine a starving lion skating "Anna Karenina"? I too could not earlier. With the naked eye of the layman it is visible - Zhenya has become bored of competitions, she is hungry before performances and to victories.”

“However, as there is no doubt and that if the two-time world champion will perform at the European Championships as she conducted this training - there will be no questions about the winner.”

Ame

Final Flight
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/01/17/264800560
article with some pratice notes
"When the time came for her music to be played, she did a full run-through of her free program, only this time the Russian added a triple toe to each of her triple jumps: one after the opening triple lutz, one after the triple flip, another after her triple loop and a final jump following the last triple salchow. At least she is ready for any mishap that might happen during her program.

After her program was over, she embarked on a real demonstration of her mastery, landing a triple toe-triple toe-triple toe combination, followed by a triple lutz-triple salchow, triple loop-triple loop, triple lutz-triple toe-triple toe, triple lutz-triple salchow-triple toe and a final triple flip (with both arms extended over her head)-triple toe-triple toe. To no one's surprise, each jump seemed so incredibly natural and easy!"

She added toe to her combo as usual + some 3-3-3, and more lutz than usual (based on past practice notes, she usually trains flip more)

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Happy to hear so many good news today. I didnt even realize how much I've missed her before seing her practice pics from today. The K&C area looks so beautiful and ready for our Tsarina! Praying all the time and waiting for tomorrow.

lastremnant

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeDSDu4nSPq/?tagged=eurofigure
When the New Year has just started, and you already quietly hate them. :biggrin:

This photo (and the other someone posted from twitter of evgenia side-eyeing Alina) are so funny. You can tell Evgenia is the senior skater and serious professional competitor, but I don’t think this is real antagonism but quite the opposite. Evgenia is the powerful competitor; Alina is more like the playful kitten in Disney world. Personality wise: Evgenia is the melancholic; Alina is the sanguine. Their personalities are different in how they approach competitions it seems. This is just a guess from what we have seen of them but I think Evgenia watches over Alina in a way. In terms of professionalism and maturity. Like she is the big sister and wants to perfect her little sister and help her grow up. Or sort of like an adult cat can watch over her kitten but sometimes get annoyed at its playfulness and swat it away. Still, it is shaping up to make a very exciting euro championship!!! Not too much longer!!!!