2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 81 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
we can talk about both, i don't care. Only Russian fans seems to think it's a corruption that Caro got 75PCS when they're all ignoring the PCS Med and Alina received. And let's not ignore the fact that Med's blatantly obvious Flutz that hasn't been called in 2 years

I'm Italian like Kostner and I think that 75 PCS for that hot mess is outrageous. Flutzing has nothing to do with PCS. Alina and Evgenia are 9.5 skaters, especially since they went clean and Kostner most definitely did not.

enzofv

On the Ice
After this season, it will be fun to watch Kostornaia become the new Medvedeva and Trusova become the new Zagitova xD

Imagine

Medalist
Mao and Yuna must feel totally silly for retiring now. Little did they know that in 2018, all it takes is 2 clean triples and a bit of wiggling around in Jolly Green Giant cosplay to (possibly) land you on the Olympic podium. :rolleye:

zschultz1986

Final Flight
You just might value how good Caro is during the rest of the program, in my opinion. Maybe she'd be the best but only slightly. That's with a clean program.

The truth is that I could pick several 9-year-old girls from Russian pre-novice competitions and have them perform more difficult technical content than Kostner did today. You really think that's OK for a major international competition such as this one?

EX and ice shows are one thing altogether. And you talk about "combining" technical with the art. For such "combination", the technical content has to exist, too.

Show me the art in Zagitova and Med's programs that deserve PCS like that. There isn't. Sorry, but if Caro's placement is a travesty, then so are Med's and Zagitova's MASSIVELY inflated PCS. It's all rather disgusting to me. These Russians aren't the best ever. They're just consistent jumpers.

Yuna could probably jump OVER Med's tiny jumps.

kresslia

Medalist
I'm not much of an Evgenia fan but it actually stings to see her lose here. Alina's PCS rise is a total joke.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It didn't end when it happened in the biggest stage in the world 4 years ago

But mods don't like me talking about it ;)

And in 2002, too. :devil: SarahNotSynchro had quite the flutz... but why am I even saying this, that was back in the era of 6.0...

I just wanted to say SarahNotSynchro, I think. :rofl:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
we can talk about both, i don't care. Only Russian fans seems to think it's a corruption that Caro got 75PCS when they're all ignoring the PCS Med and Alina received. And let's not ignore the fact that Med's blatantly obvious Flutz that hasn't been called in 2 years

Has Osmond's blatantly obvious flutz been called? Expecting you to point that out the next time she skates.

Do you actually think Medvedeva's and Zagitova's performances weren't better than Kostner's? The judges painted themselves in the corner by giving Kostner 75. I don't really even get why you have such a huge issue with the scores Medvedeva and Zagitova received here PCS-wise. They didn't affect anything placement-wise. If anything, Medvedeva's PCS was too low in comparison to Zagitova's. On the other hand, Kostner getting 75 PCS cost Sotskova a bronze. Even 70 PCS would have given it to Sotskova.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
"Sorry Zhenya, I will do it worse next time, I will let you win the Oympics". And then comes some black horse who has never been even near the podium and takes it.

:), seeing how Eteri's group of skaters looks like, it should have been expected to look like that - no one will have competitive pity over anyone else, that's what they are doing those multiple triple combos and extensive runs of their programs after all. Every school and method goes to the point of making newer and newer champions, going forward it looks like there will be 2,3 or more 'champion-ready' girls/ladies entering senior stage, what they should do? Schedule their wins to make everybody happy? Eteri's skaters, of all, should be perfectly aware of the level of competiton upcoming, as they are training in probably the most competitive environment themselves.

Inego

Rinkside
Costner huge overscore today on PCS, 75 with bad foot work this evening, falls, performance not along with music, no emotions. +25 from tech score its unbelievable

Shayuki

Record Breaker
And in 2002, too. :devil: SarahNotSynchro had quite the flutz... but why am I even saying this, that was back in the era of 6.0...

I just wanted to say SarahNotSynchro, I think. :rofl:

It's weird, right? Michelle Kwan also had a horrible flutz, yet people love her so much... Yet they constantly complain about Medvedeva's flutz. Double standards.

Warwick360

Medalist
Mao and Yuna must feel totally silly for retiring now. Little did they know that in 2018, all it takes is 2 clean triples and a bit of wiggling around in Jolly Green Giant cosplay to (possibly) land you on the Olympic podium. :rolleye:

Don't know about Mao but I'm pretty sure Yuna must be glad to be far away from this hot mess of a sport.

Coming back to Mao, I don't think Mao ever had the kind of favour that Caroline's been receiving, post- Sochi. Don't think she'd think any different anyhow.

evasorange

Final Flight
I'm not a Evgenia fan at all so I don't always pay super close attention to her but I thought today that her jumps just looked so much more unstable and wobbly then they usually do. I know she's coming back from an injury so that probably has a lot to do with it but also she just looks so painfully thin and like there is very very little muscle on her legs. I hope she's getting the proper care and nutrition.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Wow, you guys are taking off the gloves today. I'm glad I wasn't using message boards back in my uber Michelle days :laugh2::drama:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
And an obvious FLutz gets .60 GOE Both are corrupted

I was shocked when I saw the protocol for Med's "lutz". I thought the first one was her flutz, but the second jump was the Lz(!) which absolutely had to be an 'e'. WOW.

enzofv

On the Ice
I'm not much of an Evgenia fan but it actually stings to see her lose here. Alina's PCS rise is a total joke.

I think the only scores Alina's not on par with Evgenia are Interpretation and Choreo. Otherwise, I'd say they're pretty much neck to neck.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I haven't been excited watching the free skates for a long time. that was nail-biting. it was awesome.

Zhenya, to me, had the skate of the night. I think tonight she showed REAL fire. Not the kind of fake empathy her programs usually exude. Her vulnerability tonight showed us a rawer side of her performance skills and it's beautiful. It felt more real and more honest. I loved it.

This!