2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Well, it's game over for the Olympics.

Get ready for Alina Zagitova and 77, 78 PCS in the free there.

It's just such a farce, I cannot. At least I know in advance so I don't have to bother with it and actually hope for a different outcome. Sigh.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Evgenia's Lutz was called a ! only...with positive GOE...

Carolina certainly didn't deserve 75 tonight. But that doesn't change the fact that Evgenia was also given a big(ger) favour in PCS and Alina's exponential PCS rise was not justified either. It just shows how much the results is manipulated by the judges.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
While the tech ability, consistency and toughness is great, I'm crying, the sport is dying. The top two ladies who have no competition are getting insane marks for their programs who don't reach the maturity of the best skaters of all time, and just earning all the scores by backloading and tanos. I'm hating on fans of those skaters, if you like them, fine. They may have won lots of medals, but neither gets to my heart...

A skater with 2 triple jumps getting bronze just for being one of the best skaters of all time doesn't get to my heart either.

Crystal7

Final Flight
So many emotions!
1. Alina won gold! Well deserved! :yahoo:
2. Caro's score is a joke. I am really angry. Maria should get a medal. Definitely. Not just beacuse I am her fan, but she was much better than Carolina!
3. I really admire that strength which Evgenia has, so impressive.
I am so happy that I can watch these events and comment it with you! :) So great, that I can share these emotions with you!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I liked Evgenia, but she has been grinded by the Russian medal machine it seems. In year or two, Alina will be grinded too :(

I also do not like how skinny has Evgenia gotten. I hope she is not on those eating disorder protein shakes that Lipnitskaya has been consumed to stay skinny....

Gosh you are so right.. Evegenia looks smaller than Alina on the podium... how did that happen.

nipman

On the Ice
I think Medvedeva should change one of her jump combinations to a 3-loop-ending combo in order to increase the BV of her FS. She can do that for the Olys. It's now or never.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
When I saw Evgenia Medvedeva, 2nd place ladies, I lost it. Ugh. Emotions. Happy for Alina but sad for Zhenya but angry about Carolina but disappointed for Masha but shocked by Loena but excited by Mae.

keasus

On the Ice
There is something about the Eteri female skaters that is unsettling. It almost feels like no matte who you are and what your results are, you are replaceable with someone younger and smaller back at the rink and that's just the way Eteri wants it. Here today . . .gone tomorrow. Next, please.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Now its official - 2 clean triples wins bronze in 2018.
This is where sport ends.

LOL. None of the Russians can hold a candle to Caro's speed, edge quality, flow, and carriage. Relax. Your artistry-less Russian jumping bots got 1 and 2, and the third one fell.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Deserved win by Zagitova!!

But, real talk, Zagitova's personal PCS jump from 70.42 at the GPF to 75.30 for the same performance at 2018 Russian Nationals - oops, I mean 2018 Europeans - is ridiculous as hell.

I'm glad the Olympics will be that much more interesting now but these scores are just insane. :laugh:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kostner on the podium is a joke. Maybe the judges hate Russia sweeping every year but maybe the rest of Europe needs to get better and start contending. Carolina can't go on forever and without her the rest of Europe is a wasteland.