Olympic Ladies: some stats | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Olympic Ladies: some stats

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think it’s better to say “I hope X wins” than it is to say “I hope Y loses”.
I never got why people would want or dream to see certain skaters lose. It’s their life, their dream, not yours, nothing will happen to you if they win, trust me.
Just keep rooting for your faves, respectfully criticize the skating of those you are not a fan of, and simply leave it at that.
I fail to see what’s so hard about that.
Well i assume that i used the wrong words then. Even if the meaning is the same. To say "i want Sotskova to win" = "i want Medvedeva to lose" anyway, since Sotskova can't win if Medvedeva doesn't lose. But you're right, i should bring more diplomacy in my words.

tjb

Match Penalty
Or the famous case Zagitova-Higuchi at Lombardia and Cup of China where suddendly she got better PCS than Higuchi and everyone else.

yeah, this case is very famous among zagitova haters who are saying that alina's PCS should be lower than anyone else, including sakamoto and mihara, like in the lower 60s or may be even in the 50s in seniors. but suddenly her PCS are among the highest in every competiton she enters since her junior debut. she even has a junior world record in PCS

millie

Medalist
who exactly did better and when?
i see that "your dream" is not a win for a better skaters, but a favorites "lose". do you even have a favorites of your own, or you just prefering to hate? what an amazing dream it might be, to wish other people a meltdown.

must to admit, i don't care much about the olympics, and zhenya and alina is not my favorite skaters, but see them
crushing the competition should be sweet, because so many of sad people are wishing them to lose

Deleted message

tjb

Match Penalty
i hope that judges will be fair to canadian ladies and will call at least once kaetlyn and gabby flutzes. zhenya already getting called all season long, but kaetlyn still has courage to put her flutz in the short and the judges are turning the blind eye

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
i hope that judges will be fair to canadian ladies and will call at least once kaetlyn and gabby flutzes. zhenya already getting called all season long, but kaetlyn still has courage to put her flutz in the short and the judges are turning the blind eye

Oh please tbj, let the judges do their job and be fair to everyone. It will be nice to have an event on neutral territory for a change, where judging should be purer and not as influenced by home inflation. as most here have acknowledge has happened this season. That's all I hope for, is fair judging without the extreme boosts that happens on home soil.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Nagasu and Chen are the only top girls who didn't get 200 points. Lil bet who had already reach 200 can make the top10 if they aren't clean.
Would be great to see another country than the big 4 + Kostner.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Nagasu and Chen are the only top girls who didn't get 200 points. Lil bet who had already reach 200 can make the top10 if they aren't clean.
Would be great to see another country than the big 4 + Kostner.

Tursynbaeva cleared 200 at IdF this year! ;) Although her Euros were a bust. Here's hoping she can get her mojo back.

cinnamon

On the Ice
The only reason they are considered top girls is because they are American. Neither would have made the Japanese or Russian Olympic teams.

You are right, though
once upon a time, America was dominant in ladies figure skating.
And Mirai's fight back from the experience in four years ago, and Keren's fight against flu fever during the free skating this time were both great fights.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
At least these last times Mirai and Karen deliver when it count the most. So maybe they will break 200 at olympics.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
In Katlyn there IS NO that drive to prove that she is the best or good, and not at all. It is not her personality to prove anything to anyone Yes, she loves skating, but for skating sake, not for medal sake. So that is only thing which holds her back. (Gabby for example thrives in competitions, because she WANTS to prove that she is the best)Everyone is different.
For Kaetlyn, at least from the psychological point of view, the main problem has been , that she tries to break herself, to make her to love to compete...it never works. This drive has to come from deeply inside.

Uhhh...., She's the reigning World silver medalist and won her first GPF medal this season.

Lol, imagine if she was actually driven to be competitive! :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
At least these last times Mirai and Karen deliver when it count the most. So maybe they will break 200 at olympics.

Mirai maybe. Karen will get hammered by the tech panel - even at her home events this season she got calls left right and centre. I thought she might have turned things around since earlier this season but it has not happened.... as National bronze medalist she won't get the same leniency she got at Worlds and it will be a struggle for her to make the top 6, whereas Mirai/Bradie at least has a shot with her more solid technical ability. Karen could prove us wrong but she would have needed a miracle makeover the past few weeks in terms of jump execution - it's the only thing she has lacking but obviously it's the biggest thing.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
In Katlyn there IS NO that drive to prove that she is the best or good, and not at all. It is not her personality to prove anything to anyone Yes, she loves skating, but for skating sake, not for medal sake. So that is only thing which holds her back. (Gabby for example thrives in competitions, because she WANTS to prove that she is the best)Everyone is different.
For Kaetlyn, at least from the psychological point of view, the main problem has been , that she tries to break herself, to make her to love to compete...it never works. This drive has to come from deeply inside.

Yup, best to stay home and bake cookies, as opposed to training your buns off everyday, to be one of the top contenders in Pyeongchang, as well as being a World and Olympic Silver medalists. :palmf:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
And Mirai's fight back from the experience in four years ago, and Keren's fight against flu fever during the free skating this time were both great fights.

Mirai and Karen are good skaters, and both earned their place on the team fair and square. It's hard to see them competing for medals, not only because they have failed to break 200, but also because I think the USFSA politiking efforts are going to be 100% in support of Bradie.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mirai and Karen are good skaters, and both earned their place on the team fair and square. It's hard to see them competing for medals, not only because they have failed to break 200, but also because I think the USFSA politiking efforts are going to be 100% in support of Bradie.

Yeah. And it's a bit risky i think. All the support for one skater.....yes she's consistent now but everyone can fall. Maybe 50%-50% support is better. 50% for Bradie PCS, 50% for Mirai or Karen URs and GOE.

charlotte14

Medalist
Yeah, I am definitely bullish on Bradie, not for an individual medal but for a strong placement. She went into SA with no name recognition but is going to the Olympics as the US National Champion. The judges will also get at least one more look at her in the Team event. A low 70s SP is not out of the question, and could put her in the final group for the LP.
people expect she will skate light out with all the sudden attention and pressure ag the Olympics? Ok...

tjb

Match Penalty
i think the people and the media in the US just don't understand how a consistent skater looks like. prior to bradie they had skaters like ashley wagner, who on a best day can hit 3 out of 5 combos in practice.
so they see bradie in practices hitting jumps with a 95% success rate, and they are thinking "wow, this girl is really consistent!"
it must be really shocking for them to see a girl that skated 3 or 4 clean competitons in a season, because for the last 5 or 6 years american ladies hasn't skated clean at all.

so bradie is presented in the media like she's a second coming of daria panenkova. but she's not. she's can't hit 200 jumps in a row in practice, and there is no 99% chance that she skates a two clean programs in a competition. the chance of that happening is 65-70% at best