2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS | Page 143 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

purpledream

On the Ice
Jin's Short is an actual good program,
The free feels like something he kinda gets through

Agreed the short is beautiful - it was a good demonstration of strength.

I think with more work; his free music can be used for a master piece. But hey! He did superb
Beijing 2022? :) stay healthy pls boyang quad master

We shall enjoy his Spider-Man gala yay!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
HOLY CRAP ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT

FOR ICE HOCKEY

CZECH REPUBLIC HAS DEFEATED CANADA

OH MY GOD THIS DAY HASN'T EVEN BEGUN AND IT'S ALREADY PERFECT o

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That was amazing! Great competition and not too many spills... very proud of the US men--all top 10! Nathan's incredible redemption--I mean 215 and way clear of everyone else in the FS. Vincent was also surprisingly stunning--he was so under the radar compared to the other two. It's so exciting to have these two young men as the future of US men's skating. Adam was ethereal--he's been a picture of class and elegance. I miss that so much about skating.

And can we shout out to the two Israeli guys? They were wonderful!

Congrats to Hanyu, Uno, and Hernandez--all crazy skilled guys with so much heart. And they all have such different styles--it's really hard to pick between them. I loooved Hanyu's FS--that music was BOMB!! Hernandez also got me with his music selection--so much command and flare! That is a veteran right there! Uno's music was good but has been so overdone--he skated wonderfully though. He's the 2nd Daisuke to me!

This was such a fabulous competition--very exciting to watch, I think everyone placed where they should--the judging wasn't crazy lopsided. I personally wish Chen had placed 4th overall because I didn't think Jin had the PCS to back up the score he got but ah well... applause to all of them. It was a great contest! I love the Olympics!

Is Fernandez and Hernandez the same name? Honest question. (I never got that Javier's name is also Lopez, how does that work?)

lavender

Record Breaker
OK just finished watching Nathan...I dunno why the hate, that's was totally epic!!! Spread eagles and everything, I take my hat off to him.

I would love Nathan to be a complete skater because he's a cutie and nice guy....but to be honest I don't really enjoy his spread eagles.

ks777

Record Breaker

FOR ICE HOCKEY

I am usually a big hockey fan but this year not so much because no NHL players.. boring. rather watch the women's hockey between the US and Canada.

tzazu

Medalist
Is Fernandez and Hernandez the same name? Honest question. (I never got that Javier's name is also Lopez, how does that work?)

Nope, Fernandez and Hernandez are different surnames.
Lopez is his second surname, in Spain people use two surnames, father's and mother's. He is Javier Fernandez (father's surname) Lopez (mother's surname). Normally in that order, but nowadays that is changing, and when parents register a child, they can choose the order of the surnames

Hikaru

Final Flight
The best men's finals in years. So happy for Yuzu-kun's gold!! (his tears almost made me cry as well) Shoma's silver, and thrilled about Javi's bronze medal!!, it shows that when you have talent and work hard, not even comig from a country with no skating history background and with only 17 ice rinks can stop you. He has done for spanish skating what Yuna did for her country.

GGFan

Record Breaker

FOR ICE HOCKEY

You are killing me with these half sincere spoiler alerts--not spoiler alerts :devil:. I don't even try, I just go ahead and spoil :rofl:

borzaya

Final Flight
Boyang is outrageously robbed. He should be the third, and Javi should be the second.

I like Shoma for being a cute boy and all that, but he was not better than Javi and Boyang here.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Don't know about the first part, but for the second everyone in Spain has two last names, one from their mother and one from their father.

So I guess he's Javier Lopez Fernandez.

icybear

Medalist
I think Javier had the best skate of the day. The other two only placed higher than him because they stuffed in more base value points. He also had the best mentality for this olympic. Uno and Boyang both were nervous and messy but Uno got the medal becuase of his more generous pcs.