Entries | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Entries

Olympic

On the Ice
It makes sense that Brezina and Bychenko skate; they have nothing to lose and a huge chance to be in top ten without Javier, Patrick and Adam as their replacements most likely will be lower than them. And there is still the issue of Chen (who I think will skate since the US have run out of subs unless his minor injury and flu has sapped too much out of him) and Hanyu. Rippon and Chan had more to lose by competing so it is kind of what is best for you.

Sad about I/M they should have been prepping as well as Nam Nguyen as both Megan and Eric and Patrick had made it know it was probably their last skate at the olympics.

Now we wait to see if Mirai goes to World's - she might be a case of "Never Enough" she wants it all and she has sat waiting afterr the 2014 mess. She wants the post oly glory and world. This could leadto a big splat at worlds.

I wish someone could explain K/S's absence.

It was noted that Nathan had the flu after the Olympic competition. It usually only takes an otherwise healthy person a week to come down with then recover the flu, so that doesn't bother me. He also completed a five (5) clean quads and rotated / stood up on a sixth while in his current condition. But, he could do a Nationals type performance (5 quads; no Lutz) and just stand up in the SP, and snatch a bronze at Worlds, especially w/ Javi gone.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu has officially withdrawn from Worlds. Apparently Kazuki Tomono will replace him.

Source
Translations 1 | 2

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Stunned. Shocked. Surprised...

Nah, I can't keep it up. No surprises, everyone knew this was coming.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Stunned. Shocked. Surprised...

Nah, I can't keep it up. No surprises, everyone knew this was coming.

I'm more shocked Mura isn't the replacement. Did he silently decide to retire after 4CC?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
No Fernandez anymore and now these news about Hanyu... I´m very sad that Hanyu has withdrawn, but in the long run it is better to heal fully now and attack next season.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm more shocked Mura isn't the replacement. Did he silently decide to retire after 4CC?

Maybe I'm just dulled, but I'm not shocked about Mura, either. He's been clearly struggling for a couple of seasons and he isn't getting younger.

Maybe it's just because I really enjoyed Tomono at NHK and am pleased we get to see him again? :lol:

Olympic

On the Ice
So it looks like Uno, Boyang and Chen are the top entries for the men due to Yuzu's withdrawal. Also, the Russian men could conceivably finish high enough at Milan to give Russia 3 spots for 2019.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Relieved to hear Yuzu's decision to withdraw. But I'm shocked, too, why Taka Mura not the replacement? Anyone knows? :(:(:(

Anyway, good luck to Kazuki at the Worlds. It's his debuting senior worlds, isn't it. :cheer:

Andrea82

Medalist
According to the date at the bottom of the entry list page, an update has been done today on Ladies entries.

Can you spot which one? Is it Perticheto's withdrawal or was it already factored and it's something else?

k2summit

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I would like to see Ashley replace Karen (or Bradie) as well. Nothing against Karen or Bradie, but I want to see Alina beat the snot out of Ashley and then watch Ashley go into another sore loser meltdown.
They should let Ashley replace Karen Chen. I really want to see her La la land again. Is she retiring.?

vavavoom

Rinkside
I would like to see Ashley replace Karen (or Bradie) as well. Nothing against Karen or Bradie, but I want to see Alina beat the snot out of Ashley and then watch Ashley go into another sore loser meltdown.

Not a fan of Ashley here.

I prefer the Ladies line-up as it is, it is even stronger than at the Olympics.

Nirti

Medalist
According to the date at the bottom of the entry list page, an update has been done today on Ladies entries.

Can you spot which one? Is it Perticheto's withdrawal or was it already factored and it's something else?

Yes it's Perticheto's withdrawal. This is the only change on ladies list for the moment!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good for Yuzuru to take care of his health. Sad to hear no Mura as replacement, but :eek:hwell:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Is Medvedeva out?!? I read that today on IG

Not officially... yet, but the rumor does seem to be doing the rounds. Isn't she getting treatment for her foot?
I'm kind of hoping to see "new" faces in Milan, so wouldn't particularly mind... but I do feel bad for her if it's true.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Sui/Han are also out. Announced today. Wenjing has a stress fracture on her foot and will need 6-8 weeks rest/recovery. :(

Andrea82

Medalist
ISU have just updated the entry list Re Sui/Han.
Wang/Wang and Zhang/Song are still both listed as subs and neither of them have moved up after Sui/Han's withdrawal