Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Gosh, this no time to relax for the Ladies. I hope Japan manages to get the three spots back for next year, I'm already fearing the worst though.

LRK

Record Breaker
30 pairs - the free program cut-off is going to be pretty brutal...

ericka141

On the Ice
I wonder why I/M were not selected. Are they injured? Canada chances for 3 spots in pairs goes down.

I'm wondering the same thing! I/M were always listed as first alternate for Worlds (and Olympics). Can't see any reason why they would send Ruest/Wolfe instead as they have little international experience and have always placed lower than I/M at Nationals. They must be injured or something, otherwise it makes no sense.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent Zhou won't be in the first group to skate the SP---of the 37 skaters, his World Ranking puts him in the top 12.
Bradie probably won't be in the first group either. Her World Ranking doesn't put her in the top 12 of the 39 skaters, but at least she is in the top 16.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I'm wondering the same thing! I/M were always listed as first alternate for Worlds (and Olympics). Can't see any reason why they would send Ruest/Wolfe instead as they have little international experience and have always placed lower than I/M at Nationals. They must be injured or something, otherwise it makes no sense.

I think Dylan was injured so maybe he hasn't recovered yet?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No danish team Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen? Do they retire? :(
Jorik Hendrickx isn't on the list too. No Han Yan too. Shuran Yu from Singapore is missing too (but skipped 4 Continents too)

Chafik Bessegnier and Maé-Bérénice Meité even not as substitutes... Retirement or blacklisting from French fed?

I don't understand why Jinseo Kim for South Korea?? Junhwan Cha just withdrew from Junior Worlds and Junehyoung Lee did better results...

Mae did look like she was dealing with an injury at the Olympics. Her knee was all bandaged.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Finland will send Viveca Lindfors instead of Emmi Peltonen based on seasons best.

Emmi got the olympic spot with the same criteria and Viveca has scored better in the meanwhile.

Logical and fair I love it!

Good for Finland, no need to name teams so early.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
She joined a tour in Russia (? not sure about the translation, like "Holiday on Ice"), so probably she retired from competing

Mmmm. That's a shame if correct. Like, she's only 18.

I did think it strange that she wasn't at Europeans, and now she's not at Worlds. So, it does look like she is concentrating on shows.

Let's hope that she's just taking the opportunity to earn a bit of money at the end of this Olympic cycle, so that she can invest it in the next Olympic cycle...

I know, I'm clutching at straws. But hey, I like the girl and want to see her fulfil her potential.

And anybody who can pull off doing 2 full competitions in 2 different countries in the space of 6 days (with the FS of one the day before the SP of the other) when they are just 15 years old certainly has a lot of potential! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
30 pairs - the free program cut-off is going to be pretty brutal...

I think it's time to at least let 20 pairs into the free now. Otherwise the smaller countries will never invest in pairs if they know they can't make it to the free. It has been a long time since there's been this much interest in pairs.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think it's time to at least let 20 pairs into the free now. Otherwise the smaller countries will never invest in pairs if they know they can't make it to the free. It has been a long time since there's been this much interest in pairs.

Yeah, 14 pairs will be left out - that's almost literally half the field. I don't think TPTB have really caught up with the fact that the field is much broader now. So many more countries have pair teams of a very good standard.

vavavoom

Rinkside
Surprises for me:

Men
No Jorik.
No Han Yan or third Chinese skater.
Chafik replaced by Ponsart
Denis Ten IN, Yay!
No Cha and Jinseo Kim as replacement.
Turkey: Basar Oktar has higher TES.
Pavlov in, though to an extent Paniot failed when it counted.
Brown in.
Misha Ge in.

LADIES
Austrian choice, I thought she is the 4th most likely to go, how wrong was I.
Williams in, this will be her only 3rd Worlds.
Shuketa-Gromova out
Lecavalier in.
Leccardi in is a huge surprise.
Kuchvalska being sent, I hope she regained some of her jumps.
No Shuran Yu.
M. Algottson out, I thought SE would choose her after disappointing Olympics for Ostlund.

PAIRS
This is my fav discipline, so I am glad the participating record of 28 was beaten this year.
Liubov/Dylan listed only as substitute
No other surprises, I knew Stolbova was injured.

DANCE
No F-B/Sorensen
Mildly surprised Kuzmichova/Sinycyn were not selected, as the other couple did not do well at important competitions.
Bobrova/Soloviev rumoured not to compete, I so loved Zagorski/Guerriero, that I hope they'll compete at Worlds.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
AAAARRRRRRRgggguuuuuhhhh! I am having skating withdrawl symptoms.....hurry March 19th!

on the other hand (and side of Atlantic;)), I stared counting to Milan with anticipation and curiosity, as this will be first ever FS even live. Seems like Uzbek flag is in order to buy (Misha), but why oh why Danes are not going?!:(

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So very sad not to see Javier Fernandez participating anymore :sad4:, one has to remember though that he already has participated in 11 Worlds competitions and 12 Europeans... How was this guy able to have no injuries preventing him from participating?

Looking forward to watch the skating of Rizzo, Carrillo and Bychenko, especially!!!

Nirti

Medalist
Mae did look like she was dealing with an injury at the Olympics. Her knee was all bandaged.

Yes I didn't remember it, I "hope" this is the reason, and not because french fed politic :biggrin:

Because on her facebook, she posted a long message to thank all the persons who supported her the last years, but no retirement announcement

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes I didn't remember it, I "hope" this is the reason, and not because french fed politic :biggrin:

Because on her facebook, she posted a long message to thank all the persons who supported her the last years, but no retirement announcement

I also do hope she'll continue to grace stages with her unique, powerful style of skating/performing, jumps on or off:)