Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Sooo
No Worlds for F-B/S cause they have been today released to skate for Canada. They will have to wait till 20.01.19 to do that cause they skated last time for Denmark then.

Eclair

Medalist
oh nooo, I was looking forward to see Chafik's SP again ... (this time maybe skated a little better than at the Olympics?)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sooo
No Worlds for F-B/S cause they have been today released to skate for Canada. They will have to wait till 20.01.19 to do that cause they skated last time for Denmark then.

oh WOW...so that means no competitions for them this year? I apologize, just have no knowledge how those citizenship's switches work in terms of competitions...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
oh WOW...so that means no competitions for them this year? I apologize, just have no knowledge how those citizenship's switches work in terms of competitions...

They'll be able to compete in Canada this summer and at Nationals next year, but not until 4CC internationally.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting. I wonder where the former Danes will stand in the Canadian ice dance pecking order---I guess that will be determined at 2019 Nationals. Their arrival won't be good news for junior teams planning on moving up, though.

pesto

On the Ice
Oh, that's a shame. Britain's only skaters with any hope of a top ten finish.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Mildly surprised Kuzmichova/Sinycyn were not selected, as the other couple did not do well at important competitions.

Kuzmichova & Sinicyn did not compete at Nationals. They were MIA. I've not heard any explanation for why. Anyone?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kuzmichova & Sinicyn did not compete at Nationals. They were MIA. I've not heard any explanation for why. Anyone?

I don't know the reason, but IIRC correctly, they had already named the Olympic team before that.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
They should let Ashley replace Karen Chen. I really want to see her La la land again. Is she retiring.?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think it's time to at least let 20 pairs into the free now. Otherwise the smaller countries will never invest in pairs if they know they can't make it to the free. It has been a long time since there's been this much interest in pairs.

Not just in pairs but in other disciplines as well. I think they should modify the number of qualifying skaters so that a maximum of one warmup group of skaters from short to free is left off. At Worlds 2017, 2-3 warm-up groups didn't qualify in every discipline. The skaters have already gotten their TES minimums, made the trip to the competition, and trained two programs all season. The skaters' efforts should not be overridden by an extra round of ice resurfacing or by event scheduling conflicts.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
max is replacing jason at worlds. no clue about ross

I asked in the other thread as well, so whatever you see first ... is there any reputable source for this (which means not TSL)

I would unfortunately not be surprised, but just looking for a source.

Soooo sad if Jason is not going:cry: At least I have tickets to SOI:biggrin:

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I asked in the other thread as well, so whatever you see first ... is there any reputable source for this (which means not TSL)

I would unfortunately not be surprised, but just looking for a source.

Soooo sad if Jason is not going:cry: At least I have tickets to SOI:biggrin:

just via twitter and other sources. Trying to find out about ross via my coach and it sounds like he declined to end his career on a high note.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
just via twitter and other sources. Trying to find out about ross via my coach and it sounds like he declined to end his career on a high note.

Thank you for the info; I agree that reading between the lines on Jason’s posts, he has said nothing about Worlds, which is not like him. Just wondering if anything else was put there:) I wouldn’t blame Ross if he went out on a high note either....