2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 390 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Caustica

Final Flight
Maybe someone here could help me with my recap of the upcoming Russian girls, cause I'm losing track. Feel free to correct and add:
Kostantinova: competes both junior and senior (BTW, is she with a powerful coach?)
Gubanova: junior, could turn senior next year
Tsurskaya: senior
Trusova-Scherbakova: junior, could turn in two season from now
Alena: junior, could turn next season
Samodurova: junior, could turn next season
who else is promising?
Also, where are Lozko and Nugumanova?
Thanks in advance! :)

Alena Kostornaia can't turn senior next season - she was born in August. Together with Trusova, Tarakanova and Shcherbakova, she must remain in juniors another year.

Daria Panenkova could turn senior next season. Also coached by Eteri and was 5th in JGPF.

Alisa Lozko has retired from singles skating, I think (not sure if it is official, but she didn't compete the whole season). She tried out ice dance a while ago with Adian, which didn't work out - not sure what she is going to do now.

Nugumanova could also turn senior next season. She's left Mishin and didn't compete internationally all year (didn't get the spots).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
10 years and 5 months old... Sounds about the right age to be doing this.

The crazy thing is, it actually was really close.

charlotte14

Medalist
Daria Panenkova can turn senior or not depends on if the fed wants to... I guess they want since their seniors are looking a bit of bleak right now with so many injuries and out of shape.

Grin

Medalist
I have a really important question. Does anybody know - will there be any competition (they can be even very small and local - it doesn't matter) where Trusova/Kostornaia might participate this season or it's all over for them until August? I want to see Trusova quads again :biggrin:

Probably no, but they can do it if they want

charlotte14

Medalist
Question: there seems to be a lot of resentment towards Stanislava Konstantinova for being perceived as (unfairly) favored by the Russian Fed. Can someone tell me WHY she's supposedly favored? Is Chebotareva that powerful/influential?
Ok... Stanislava Konstantinova has:
- VERY UNPLEASANT tanos (I mean the worssssst I have ever seen)
- VERY UNPLEASANT posture (with a hunched back, she looks almost having no neck because of her high shoulders which can be fixed it but not sure why they have not)
- VERY UNPLREASANT bending wait when she skates, if you're in the first row, you see mostly her back... and her posture in and out of her jumps...
- Her crossovers with uneven knee bend.

She does have nice speed and edge and looks mature BUT... I mean BUT... compared her to Polina who scores better internationally. People are puzzled they scored Konstatinova so high at National (and junior Nats too).

Lana05

Final Flight
Polina is forever injured and in bad shape now. She missed many competions because of that and seems like situation isn't going better now. It coulb be told based on CUP Final. Radionova has competed internationally a lot. Why not to let Stanislava try at Worlds and get competion points for GP. For me she is the best choice.

BTW: She shoudnt be at JWs but I have nothing against her being at senior Worlds

charlotte14

Medalist
Polina is forever injured and in bad shape now. She missed many competions because of that and seems like situation isn't going better now. It coulb be told based on CUP Final. Radionova has competed internationally a lot. Why not to let Stanislava try at Worlds and get competion points for GP. For me she is the best choice.

BTW: She shoudnt be at JWs but I have nothing against her being at senior Worlds
I think main reason why Polina and Gubanova are not in their good shapes right now is because they knew they would not have the chance to go to JWC and WC as they named Konstatinova already. Where is the motivation for them to practice hard if they knew they could not go?

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
no one is pushing, it's just a habit of every athlete who trains there long time

tars

Record Breaker
She does have nice speed and edge and looks mature BUT... I mean BUT... compared her to Polina who scores better internationally. People are puzzled they scored Konstatinova so high at National (and junior Nats too).
Looks like Stanislava's atractiveness might be a factor here... :think:

Sportsdaily.ru:
- Stanislava's results are still much lower than Medvedeva's and Zagitova's. But many people emphasize that she is the most beautiful figure skater in Russia these days. Can this influence the judges?
Coach Valentina Chebotarieva:
- She skates beautifully (smiling), and this can affect the second mark.

It's hard to blame the judges, anyway... :confused2:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Charming step sequences aside, how about Elizaveta Berestovskaya's combination spin? That was my favorite element of the Elements.

Sportsdaily.ru:
- Stanislava's results are still much lower than Medvedeva's and Zagitova's. But many people emphasize that she is the most beautiful figure skater in Russia these days. Can this influence the judges?

I guess it only affects Russian judges for some reason.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
That's right. And one greedy judge gave her only 1 for that spin, сan you imagine, huh? But I'd like to notice this spin also. The second part of the spin is not so good, but the first one is amazing!
Giving that spin only +1 is very hard to defend...

Looking at the bullet points it easily hits every single one except "element matched to the musical structure", which is simply because there was no music playing.

I like Maria Dmitrieva, graceful girl and that 3A attempt? :eek:

Maria Dmitrieva is much better to watch with higher stream quality than the horrible 240p art-caramel streams we have had to suffer through in order to see her skate before. She's very promising. High rotation speed, good height and flow on the jumps. And the rest of it is quite good also.

And someone who I had literally no clue about before is Valeria Ovchinnikova who also is a 2007. The Lutz is amazing and very high with pretty technique and the deepest of outside edges. Actually, the Lutz is probably the best out of anyone there. Skating is also very strong.

charlotte14

Medalist

Sportsdaily.ru:

Oh why her beauty doesn’t have effect on international judges?