2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... I'm not going to say anything further because I am obviously very biased, and it's a matter of PCS. I'm going to be biting my nails on the free...

princessalica

Final Flight
So excited for Ting! I wondered if Alena was possibly suffering from allergies or not feeling her best when I watched her skate.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I really think they are trying to create more contenders for the final, whether that’s for better or worse. Vika was really underscored, IMO, and that’s sad because it could ruin her career if she can’t even medal here.

frida80

Record Breaker
... I'm not going to say anything further because I am obviously very biased, and it's a matter of PCS. I'm going to be biting my nails on the free...

I know what your thinking. But I hope you won't let it impact your enjoyment of Yelim FS.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Good fight from Alena! She did not let that pop interfere with the rest of the program! Yes, she looked so sad and you could totally see she holding back her tears right after the mistake, her face became red immediately. But the music is not happy so her semblance didn’t really influence her performance. Her skating was beautiful and the other jumps were as good as always. This experience will only make her a better competitor! And, she can totally still win this competition and will most probably win with a good margin from the Free.
I saw people talking about Vasilieva but, I don’t know if it was because she skated after Kostornaya, but I was not too impressed with her skating. She’s good of course but there’s something missing... Russia has way too many talents so we nitpick! [emoji23]

I just hope it was only a fluke and she shows us tomorrow. But she somehow seemed to look a bit sick, really pale and tired. I really hope she's fine.

Vika is good. Very good maybe even.... but she's Russian. And she just doesn't stand out too much. Her jumps are smallish and wild and while she's certainly devoted to her performances, she isn't as elegant and I don't find her skating skills too be that good. But that's just my personal opinion. She's a lovely girl and I'm sure she'll improve. I just don't know whether it will be enough...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I just hope it was only a fluke and she shows us tomorrow. But she somehow seemed to look a bit sick, really pale and tired. I really hope she's fine.

Vika is good. Very good maybe even.... but she's Russian. And she just doesn't stand out too much. Her jumps are smallish and wild and while she's certainly devoted to her performances, she isn't as elegant and I don't find her skating skills too be that good. But that's just my personal opinion. She's a lovely girl and I'm sure she'll improve. I just don't know whether it will be enough...

I am sure that you already know the answer - it won't be enough....It's Russia.

katymay

Medalist
So excited for Ting! I wondered if Alena was possibly suffering from allergies or not feeling her best when I watched her skate.

I thought she looked very unwell. Allergies could explain it for sure. She also seems to be smack dab in the middle of a growth spurt. Even with the pop, her skating is so beautiful.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I know what your thinking. But I hope you won't let it impact your enjoyment of Yelim FS.

I'll be praying she'll pull off a FS like she did last time. Of course I love watching her skate regardless of scores, but with the stakes...

Fluture

Record Breaker
It's actually on Saturday, so she has one free day to get better.. ;)

Ah, it's on Saturday? I thought it was tomorrow. Well, that's good then because she has a day to calm down, let that SP settle and prepare mentally for the FS. I just hope she's physically fine because she did look kind of sick here...

Also: Yey for Olga! Shame for that Axel pop... what's it with the axels today? :( But she was great otherwise. :luv17:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I am sure that you already know the answer - it won't be enough....It's Russia.

Well, a few seasons ago many people didn't even know Alina Zagitova's name. Look where she is now. I don't say it's likely (it isn't at all, in fact) but maybe she'll improve and do better in seniors. I don't think it will happen but well... let's not give up hope. Also, I was trying to be nice here because I don't like to extensively criticize young skaters like her. :biggrin:

frida80

Record Breaker
I'll be praying she'll pull off a FS like she did last time. Of course I love watching her skate regardless of scores, but with the stakes...

I am a superstition person that is often at odds with my realistic nature. Send positive vibes and she'll feel them too.

leoleo

Medalist
Ah, it's on Saturday? I thought it was tomorrow. Well, that's good then because she has a day to calm down, let that SP settle and prepare mentally for the FS. I just hope she's physically fine because she did look kind of sick here...

Also: Yey for Olga! Shame for that Axel pop... what's it with the axels today? :( But she was great otherwise. :luv17:

it's nebelhorn ladies fs tomorrow! you probably got confused between the two

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm praying that Alenka, Vika, Ting, and Nana especially can have some EXCELLENT skates and hopefully seize the medals!

Fluture

Record Breaker
it's nebelhorn ladies fs tomorrow! you probably got confused between the two

Ah, yes, that's it, thank you. :)

I'm still hoping Alena gets that gold medal because she needs it.. Not to reach the final, a silver would be more than enough but because Shcherbakova and Trusova all will get 2 golds (or have already) and it could be crucial for her to establish her status. I just hope that the "no 3 Eteri girls to Worlds" will not stop her from going there just because she doesn't have a quad... That would make me... more than angry. Don't you dare rusfed!:dev2:

So, yeah, I'm sending her good vibes for Saturday. You can do it, Alenka! Just believe in yourself! :ghug:

But hoping for a good competition for the others as well!

kimi492

Final Flight
I pray Yelim doesn’t get nervous and pulls it all together for the free skate - I know she’s capable.
I know people are wishing for her to fail - so here’s some positivity for her - fingers crossed

andromache

Record Breaker
A lot more level 4s on the StSq here than any other event....either a lax tech panel or the skaters and coaches are adapting to higher scrutiny.