2019 World Team Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy Mens Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If I remember correctly, it is spelt "Nguyễn", but pronounced more like "Wen".

I'll try to hunt down Mrs. P's comment from a few years ago about the proper Vietnamese pronounciation.

CaroLiza_fan

Just to let you know, I couldn't find the comment I was actually thinking of, but I did find another comment where she linked to a video of somebody saying a whole pile of Vietnamese surnames, and provided the direct links to the points when Vivian Lê's and Nam Nguyễn's surnames came up:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...s-Free-Skate&p=1208667&viewfull=1#post1208667

And I have also found another conversation, where a different Vietnamese speaking member got involved. Here is the start of the conversation (it continues onto the next page):

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...ng-Questions&p=1002193&viewfull=1#post1002193

Please note that I have also restored the accent to the spelling of Nam's surname in my previous post.

Which brings me to Daniel Grassl. Could you settle an argument for me?

Given that he's from the German speaking part of the country, I have often wondered if there is supposed to be an umlaut on the "a" of Daniel's surname, i.e. "Grässl"?

Just asking because it makes a difference to the way his name is pronounced, i.e. "Graessl" if there is.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. That was MASSIVE cheer when Jan Dijkema was introduced! :shocked:

Or, was there maybe something impressive happening on the ice...? :p

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no the EurovisionSports stream just died as they introduced the ISU President :laugh2:

Seems to be back for Matteo... I hope.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Hell yes Matteo!!!

That was a performance and secondly, his posture and carriage with his skating! :luv17:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Now that was a statement heading into next season. Just a small pop :) Lovely :clap:

172.89 seasens best in second place

GO Andrei!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, Matteo. It's a bit late to be doing your choreographic slide after the music has finished and you've taken your bows.

You can't blame him for being happy, though.

CaroLiza_fan

Yossalu

On the Ice
Matteo's breakthrough might be one of the best things to happen this season. He showed such promise last season but he really brought it far beyond what I expected. That quad is so beautiful and consistent now!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm still pondering the next Rock Medley From My Parents' Album Collection LP for next season. Late 70s/early 80s. A bit too early for hair metal. Disco? Punk? I for one would love to see a Buzzcocks program. But so many possibilities!