Progressive on Ice! | Golden Skate

Progressive on Ice!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't tend to watch a good deal of tv, but this commercial for American insurer Progressive just cracked me up so much I had to track it down on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZJGB6RLq0

I think my favorite bit is the review from The Family Fun Times: "I had the entire row to myself!"

Enjoy! I sure did.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
My eyes popped when I first saw it... hilarious!! Wonder if the skaters are anyone we know? Probably not, but nice to think there might have been some incognito.... Go Flo!!!:hap10: :popcorn:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yeah, I love that ad! I'm a fan of Progressive ads period. The new one where they come out of the corn field like zombies cracks me up too. :laugh:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been thinking many of these thoughts as well while watching this commercial. How fun! I feel like I should know who is playing Flo's rookie sidekick - he looks familiar.

^According to Wikipedia, "Jamie" is played by a little-known actor named Jim Cashman. He was in the same local LA group "The Groundlings Comedy Theatre" as Flo (Stephanie Courtney), so they probably knew each other and Courtney very likely helped him get the gig.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
^According to Wikipedia, "Jamie" is played by a little-known actor named Jim Cashman. He was in the same local LA group "The Groundlings Comedy Theatre" as Flo (Stephanie Courtney), so they probably knew each other and Courtney very likely helped him get the gig.

And for all you Mad Men fans out there, Flo (aka Stephanie Courtney) plays one of the switchboard operators in the first and I think second and maybe even third seasons.