2024 World Championships - Where are you watching? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships - Where are you watching?

noskates

Record Breaker
Have to disagree with the negative comments about Tonia. I fully appreciate commentators that don't talk too much and particularly over the music. I thought her comments were insightful and her observations were to the point. I always like Mark - mostly because he is always positive and supportive of even the worst skates. He always finds something nice to say about every skater and that's refreshing after some of the whack jobs done by others. And I love how he pronounces salchow!! And he doesn't talk too much. Honestly if I had to sit through competitions listening to Adam and Ashley again I think I would have stuck a pencil in my ear.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have to disagree with the negative comments about Tonia. I fully appreciate commentators that don't talk too much and particularly over the music. I thought her comments were insightful and her observations were to the point. I always like Mark - mostly because he is always positive and supportive of even the worst skates. He always finds something nice to say about every skater and that's refreshing after some of the whack jobs done by others. And I love how he pronounces salchow!! And he doesn't talk too much. Honestly if I had to sit through competitions listening to Adam and Ashley again I think I would have stuck a pencil in my ear.
I am pleasantly surprised by Tonia. She seems to have caught Mark's vibe and is rooting for the skaters while explaining her observations.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can add me to the list of people who are enjoying the commentary by Mark and Tonia. They give just enough commentary, don't go on an on over the music or the performances, and have a good rapport with each other. I also think their critiques are generally kind, and reactions are honest.

I took to Twitter (X) and found a Tweet from Mark, and replied to him and Tonia to let them know how much I appreciated their commentary, and that when they knew when to let the skating speak for itself. To my surprise, Mark read and "liked" the tweet.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Sadly, I think the ISU YouTube streams for the Pair SP and Women SP were taken down completely??? And there's no individual videos either. I found some fancams of the top 2 pairs (I haven't looked for women or other pairs), but I wonder why those two segments were removed. All other segments are still up so far. 🤞 I hope the Men FS and Gala stay up too.

EDIT 1: Clicking on the specific links posted earlier in the thread, the message I get is, "This video contains content from infrontsports, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Any way around this??? Granted, I am using TunnelBear to visit the Netherlands. Is there a country where the Pair SP and Women SP are not blocked, or are they blocked for everyone?

EDIT 2: Definitely seems to be a music issue. The same two segments have also been removed from Peacock. :(

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
EDIT 1: Clicking on the specific links posted earlier in the thread, the message I get is, "This video contains content from infrontsports, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." . :(
Unfortunately we’ve seen this happen before with various ISU streams this season.
I’m glad I DLed the streams as soon as possible, as I don’t follow figure skating closely these days and like to just watch and fast-forward through the streams when convenient.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly, I think the ISU YouTube streams for the Pair SP and Women SP were taken down completely??? And there's no individual videos either. I found some fancams of the top 2 pairs (I haven't looked for women or other pairs), but I wonder why those two segments were removed. All other segments are still up so far. 🤞 I hope the Men FS and Gala stay up too.

EDIT 1: Clicking on the specific links posted earlier in the thread, the message I get is, "This video contains content from infrontsports, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Any way around this??? Granted, I am using TunnelBear to visit the Netherlands. Is there a country where the Pair SP and Women SP are not blocked, or are they blocked for everyone?

EDIT 2: Definitely seems to be a music issue. The same two segments have also been removed from Peacock. :(
Try Sweden

reneerose

Final Flight
I have to confess I forgot to tape the NBC TV feed and ended up subscribing to Peacock Premium Plus, but it's so glitchy and SLOW? I don't see how it can be my internet connection. It's awful. At least they have Mark and Tonia on the international feed. I love Mark's commentary! I would rather also listen to Mark and Tonia than the awful NBC TV commentators. I have to correct myself, Peacock is slow and glitchy at the beginning but it seems to smooth out some after.

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I watched the Pairs and Women's SP today on the ISU stream from my virtual hotel in Luxembourg! Stream worked just fine.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
As if I didn't get enough from spending the entire week at the rink, I am watching the footage from French CBC I had recorded... Obviously, they do not show much... For instance they didn't show C. Kim ... But they did show Haien. Very weird. In any case, I wanted to let you know, those who complained about hearing annoying commentators as background noise from your feeds... Well, guess what, I hear some too, but the other way around. I hear faint commentary in English and on top, the French CBC commentators. Hopefully, they do this better at Boston worlds. It is annoying for sure but yeah, just thought I'd let you know that we are all suffering :)

reneerose

Final Flight
I subscribed to Premium Peacock to watch the Gala ad free. I only have 1 day left to watch it, but I log into Peacock this evening and it says I didn't upgrade. I'm upset. Guess I have to contact their customer service tomorrow. This is what I get for caving in.