2024 World Championships - Where are you watching? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships - Where are you watching?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
From Jackie: Tonia Kwiatkowski is joining Mark on the ISU feed.

Tonia is a former US women's singles skater. She has won a silver medal at US Nats and was a two-time Universiade champion. I don't believe I've ever heard her commentary before, so I am cautiously optimistic. At the very least she has a background in skating and Mark has been doing as much research as ever, and so I am hopeful that the commentary will be great.

EDIT: I found a Goldenskate video interview with Tonia. She sounds like a good match with Mark; her favourite commentators are the positive ones and she wants to be positive and provide helpful commentary as opposed to cruel. She also had some kind words to say about Gracie Gold (the whole interview is a blast from the past :LOL:)

Last edited:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Tonia is a former US women's singles skater. She has won a silver medal at US Nats and was a two-time Universiade champion. I don't believe I've ever heard her commentary before, so I am cautiously optimistic. At the very least she has a background in skating and Mark has been doing as much research as ever, and so I am hopeful that the commentary will be great.
She used to do commentary on the Ice Network in the US, so I've only listened to her on Youtube videos that popped up. I don't really have a strong opinion of her commentary one way or another.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Have the ISU tiles shown up yet? I would like to add them to the OPs, but of course, I cannot see them here in USA.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A kind soul sent them to me! And I see @skatingguy had posted them already.

ISU YouTube Links

Wednesday March 20

Pairs Short Program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-yllq9xNA
Women Short Program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMaz8chicw

Thursday March 21
Men Short Program https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oneGv9svuk
Pairs Free Skate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG_LcHnfmg

Friday March 22
Ice Dance Rhythm Dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9vZN8iAqHw
Women Free Skating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgb28Pnpss

Saturday March 23
Ice Dance Free Dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eOxqT66_70
Men Free Skating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pYg-jijaio

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I don't think anyone else lives in Japan around this forum? Just in case, for curiosity, Fuji On Demand (platform for subscription) here in Japan will have the all the events live in their platform, even though it will probably be difficult to watch due to our time zone here.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
REWATCH for those not able to watch in real time can be found here....

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just a warning for fans watching Worlds on Peacock - I watched the replay of Pairs SP from yesterday and the tile indicated replay would be available for 1 more day. I'm really old, but by my math 24 hours plus 24 hours equals 48 hours and not the 72 hours which was indicated by NBC. I'm aware that I can watch ISU replays using a VPN. It just really ticks me off that NBC says one thing and Peacock doesn't fulfill that promise.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a warning for fans watching Worlds on Peacock - I watched the replay of Pairs SP from yesterday and the tile indicated replay would be available for 1 more day. I'm really old, but by my math 24 hours plus 24 hours equals 48 hours and not the 72 hours which was indicated by NBC. I'm aware that I can watch ISU replays using a VPN. It just really ticks me off that NBC says one thing and Peacock doesn't fulfill that promise.
Their messaging needs work. At some point we need to get organized and flood them with feedback.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Their messaging needs work. At some point we need to get organized and flood them with feedback.
They are getting much negative feedback and have for many moons on their FB page. They simply dont care. If I read the NBC website correctly, NBC rabbit ears is devoting a total of two hours to Worlds. It is listed as the Mens and its on Saturday evening in my market. They dont care about our feedback as they have viewer rating tools that show them where to put the bucks....go to Roku and look up esoteric sports you havent even heard of that they spend money to provide. There despirately needs to be a figure skating steaming channel where you can watch Japanese/Korean/US nats and under comps as well as ISU events...except people go nuts over basketball and not skating anymore. Thankfully, the ISU still seems to care about skating and ditched their cockamamy billing plan. For now. Maybe its we who are the dinasaurs who actually like figure skating.....it went from an am. and pro sport with holiday specials and huge road shows to what we see today.....
But back to the question...why cant they store the skating at Peacock one more day? Hard drive/streaming space?????? I got nothin'

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don't think anyone else lives in Japan around this forum? Just in case, for curiosity, Fuji On Demand (platform for subscription) here in Japan will have the all the events live in their platform, even though it will probably be difficult to watch due to our time zone here.
We do have a few wonderful Japanese fans no matter where they live who help us watch Japanese events. Some we use provide 2 week or more on demand replay. Ditto Korean events, but maybe sans replays. You can even see Fumie Suguri in Vegas if you look hard enough.....

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have watched without problems with VPN until today 1. am and wake up this morning wanting to continue, Now I tried to continue to watch pairs but whatever country I try it says "no rights at your country" - has Youtube-/ISU/infrontsport which owns a part of the content prevented VPN? I cannot stand local female commentator, if she keeps quiet for 5 seconds during performances that a good result. So do I need to just watch without music?

Edit: The nighttime broadcasts local time are without comments on local TV's internet channel (y)

Last edited:

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I found Proton's free offering doesn't work for this WC - neither Netherlands, Japan or US works for the ISU YT stream.
And what's worse, seems like Proton is removing the ability to choose countries in their free version :( Most likely it will always choose Japan as the server closest to me, so I guess it's time to say goodbye.

I've been watching on SBS Australia, thank god they don't put too many ads and they put it not during skates / scores announcement.
Still I would've preferred watching it on YT, the SBS On Demand app on my TV is super clunky and I can't find the Worlds 2024 tile for the life of me. I had to cast it from their mobile app in my phone, so dumb...

But for you non-Australian, the built-in VPN in Opera browser set to Europe works!
I use the Opera browser to watch specific replays - much easier to use than SBS Australia :biggrin:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Temporarily problem, now ISU channel works again using VPN. Now our local TV's internet channel does not but that is probably local problem at our TV or our house - works fine with computer, though and I have good external screen, so no problem. I use chrome as a browser. I usually choose Singapore, it has worked always.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have watched without problems with VPN until today 1. am and wake up this morning wanting to continue, Now I tried to continue to watch pairs but whatever country I try it says "no rights at your country" - has Youtube-/ISU/infrontsport which owns a part of the content prevented VPN? I cannot stand local female commentator, if she keeps quiet for 5 seconds during performances that a good result. So do I need to just watch without music?

Edit: The nighttime broadcasts local time are without comments on local TV's internet channel (y)
If you use a vpn try Sweden. I am watching pairs now and it works.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I found Proton's free offering doesn't work for this WC - neither Netherlands, Japan or US works for the ISU YT stream.
And what's worse, seems like Proton is removing the ability to choose countries in their free version :( Most likely it will always choose Japan as the server closest to me, so I guess it's time to say goodbye.
The free version also has Poland and Romania as options which I've been able to use. I will admit that I've had to use the cool down periods a little bit to get the server I wanted, but I'm also on the east coast of the US.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
If it helps any, TPTB in their infinite wisdom appear to have figured out nobody has the rights in the Netherlands. So turning honorary Dutchie should work again. ;-)