2024 World Championships - Where are you watching? | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships - Where are you watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

ISU World Figure Skating Championships

Mar 18 - Mar 24, 2024
Bell Centre
1909 Av. des Canadiens-de-Montréal
Montréal, QC H3B 5E8
Canada

What Time Is It in Montréal, Canada?

Where Are You Watching?

1699272912037.png

For many, the ISU channel works.
When the channel shows their tiles, please post links here, and I will add them to the OPs.
https://www.youtube.com/c/SkatingISU

🇺🇲

Peacock is covering events live:
https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/skating

When the Peacock tiles are up, you can add them to My Stuff for easy later searches. All events are covered live and are available for replay for at least two days. Lately, they have been up longer than that.

Peacock World Figure Skating Championships 2024

EVENTTIMEDATE
Pair Short Program11amMarch 20
Women's Short Program4:05pmMarch 20
Men's Short Program11:20amMarch 21
Pair Free Program6:10pmMarch 21
Rhythm Dance11:45amMarch 22
Women's Free6pmMarch 22
Free Dance1:30pmMarch 23
Men's Free6pmMarch 23
Men's Free8pmMarch 23
Exhibition Gala2pmMarch 24

USA Television Schedule​

Times are Eastern time

DateEventTimeChannel
March 21World Championships: Women's Short Program1 p.m.USA
March 21World Championships: Men's Short Program3 p.m.USA
March 21World Championships: Pairs Free Skate8 p.m.USA
March 22World Championships: Women's Free Skate8 p.m.USA
March 23World Championships: Free Dance3 p.m.USA
March 23World Championships: Men's Free Skate8 p.m.NBC

RECAP ON NBC

April 14World Championships Recap1 p.m.NBC*
*taped coverage

* Taped Coverage. Check local TV schedule. Times sometimes are changed there.

The TV App USA Network stream

The TV App NBC New York stream:

The ISU feels this info is helpful:

*Geoblocking applies on Youtube​

Europe

https://isu.org/figure-skating/media/wtw#europe

ARD
Germany *​
Czech Republic *​
JOJ
Slovakia *​

Albania, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France-Andorra-Monaco, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom​

Enjoy
Spain​
ERR
Estonia​
ERT
Greece​
Rai
Italy *​
Lithuania​
LTV
Latvia​
North Macedonia​
MTVA
Hungary *​
NOS
Netherlands *​
Okko
Russia *​
ORF
Austria​
Poland​
Ukraine​
RTS
Serbia​
SRG
Switzerland​
TRT
Turkey​
VG
Norway *​
ZDF
Germany *​

Asia

CCTV
China​
Taiwan *​
Fuji
Japan *​
Kazahkstan​
SBS
Korea *​
Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Mongolia, Hong Kong, Macau​
India​

North America

CBC​
Canada *​
GEM​
Canada *​
NBC​
United States *​

United States * (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands)​
USA (channel)​
United States *​

Oceania

Australia *​

Central and South America

ESPN
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay, Venezuela​
Belize *, Costa Rica *, Dominican Republic *, El Salvador *, Guatemala *, Honduras *, Mexico *, Nicaragua *, Panama *​

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wonder if Peacock will do two feeds for some major events...the standard feed and the world feed. And how long the feeds will stay up? There is always the ISU channel. With VPN. Ted B. is doing such a great job with Jr. Worlds by not talking during the performances and being so positive, its hard to watch anything else....there are times when Ted does talk during certain events and I wonder if some non skating fan executive actually orders him to talk during the performances. Actually, watching with Japanese commentary would be better than being forced to listen to some comemtators talking in English. Hummmmmm. Maybe this is just me and everyone else likes canned yak....????

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Peacock has the tiles up for Worlds. There is only 1 tile with World Feed and it is for the Men's FS with a start time of 6:00 p.m. EDT which corresponds with the event schedule. Peacock also has a tile for Men's FS with a start time of 8:00 p.m. EDT.

I don't know if Ted Barton is commentating, but if he is I think he will have to speak during the program and not just in the replays. I wouldn't have a problem with Chris Howarth who is generally soft spoken and easy for me to tune out. The worst situation for me is 2 commentators who start chatting and reminiscing about when they competed and just talk through everything.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if Peacock will do two feeds for some major events...the standard feed and the world feed. And how long the feeds will stay up? There is always the ISU channel. With VPN. Ted B. is doing such a great job with Jr. Worlds by not talking during the performances and being so positive, its hard to watch anything else....there are times when Ted does talk during certain events and I wonder if some non skating fan executive actually orders him to talk during the performances. Actually, watching with Japanese commentary would be better than being forced to listen to some comemtators talking in English. Hummmmmm. Maybe this is just me and everyone else likes canned yak....????

If you're looking for Japanese commentary, you're in luck (as long as you have the appropriate Japanese TV service)! Fuji TV will be broadcasting the men's and women's short programs and free skates. The short programs will be from 7:00 pm to 8:54 pm on March 22 and the free programs will be from 7:00 pm to 9:48 pm on March 24 (presumably Japan time for both sets of times). The website unfortunately doesn't say which Fuji TV channel these will be broadcasted on. I believe I will have to wait a couple of weeks to confirm the exact TV schedule. Also, Marin Honda will be there as an on-site reporter! I hope she has a fun time reporting! :biggrin:

Edit: I'll be watching live in Montreal! I'll see if I can spot Marin while I'm there!

Last edited:

lauramartha3

Spectator
How do I watch Worlds from the USA (on a regular computer)? All of a sudden, Peacock (which I've had for years) says I have to update to new Browser (which I've never even heard of (Chrome 112+) and can't get at all.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How do I watch Worlds from the USA (on a regular computer)? All of a sudden, Peacock (which I've had for years) says I have to update to new Browser (which I've never even heard of (Chrome 112+) and can't get at all.
You could download and update the Google Chrome browser here. I have found it easy to use.

However, you can also download the Opera browser, set the built-in VPN (located at the upper left corner at the search bar the top of the screen) to Europe, and go to the Skating ISU YouTube channel to watch the skating without Peacock.

Neither of these browsers will become your default browser unless you select the "set as default" option when prompted to select it.

Hope this helps!

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I am in the UK so hoping to watch the ISU stream, no idea if the BBC are showing anything.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
i will watch on ISU's youtube i hope see fully because in that week return to job later of my vacations (luckily the time difference CLST / ET is not bigger) if i want to rewatch don't be blocked in Chile like last time in FD and women SP videos from 4 Continents (blocked because music licenses from some discographic enterprises violation from ISU )

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If you're looking for Japanese commentary, you're in luck (as long as you have the appropriate Japanese TV service)! Fuji TV will be broadcasting the men's and women's short programs and free skates. The short programs will be from 7:00 pm to 8:54 pm on March 22 and the free programs will be from 7:00 pm to 9:48 pm on March 24 (presumably Japan time for both sets of times). The website unfortunately doesn't say which Fuji TV channel these will be broadcasted on. I believe I will have to wait a couple of weeks to confirm the exact TV schedule. Also, Marin Honda will be there as an on-site reporter! I hope she has a fun time reporting! :biggrin:

Edit: I'll be watching live in Montreal! I'll see if I can spot Marin while I'm there!
Thanks! Was that Marin by the boards during the last group at Jr. Worlds? The camera kept going to her....Love her....BTW, that group, Meetup.com, if kind of interesting.... and there are hiking groups, Sierra club, Audubon Society, etc. (Gave away my last canoe, which may have been a mistake as the local canoe club was a good place to meet people when I moved here... Kind of interesting....I spend an hour on a treadmill at my local fitness center every day, which is so big it has an indoor water park (seeing if I can make my heart explode) , and its like no one talks to anyone anymore...they just look at their phones....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Peacock has the tiles up for Worlds. There is only 1 tile with World Feed and it is for the Men's FS with a start time of 6:00 p.m. EDT which corresponds with the event schedule. Peacock also has a tile for Men's FS with a start time of 8:00 p.m. EDT.

I don't know if Ted Barton is commentating, but if he is I think he will have to speak during the program and not just in the replays. I wouldn't have a problem with Chris Howarth who is generally soft spoken and easy for me to tune out. The worst situation for me is 2 commentators who start chatting and reminiscing about when they competed and just talk through everything.
This has happened before...they order Ted to talk during the performance art..no one knows why...its like talking during a performance of Madam Butterfly. I dont know if its me or what but during Jr Worlds when a youtube commercial came on, it almost blasted me off the couch...Ted was next but not bad but the music was just too soft...to I tried the TV audio alone and left the surround sound 5 channel alone on mute but no joy. If Ted had talked during the performance, he would have drowned out the music. Oh well...we shall see what we shall see. I just hope J and T dont bully skaters....my skaters.....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
According to Meagan Duhamel, there will be primetime TV coverage on CBC.

I just looked my TV listing and yes, there is primetime coverage. However, it's a couple hours starting the 21st... at 8pm. So, the amount of skating for hardcore fans like GS users, not very much. Better to stream it.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just looked my TV listing and yes, there is primetime coverage. However, it's a couple hours starting the 21st... at 8pm. So, the amount of skating for hardcore fans like GS users, not very much. Better to stream it.
True, but having some TV coverage is better than no TV coverage at all.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
True, but having some TV coverage is better than no TV coverage at all.
With Canadian national broadcaster for worlds, I don't recall not having it ...it has often been a couple hours for 3 or 4 days in prime time, rather than live.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
🇨🇦

CBC Streaming schedule

Link to video appears once the event begins

Streaming Schedule

datetime
Wed Mar 20
12:00 p.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Pairs Short Program
Wed Mar 20
5:00 p.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Women's Short Program
Thu Mar 21
11:10 a.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Men's Short Program
Fri Mar 22
11:20 a.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Sat Mar 23
3:00 p.m.
CBC Sports: ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Montreal

TV Schedule
The World Championships is showing up on the CBC English Schedule now.

Times are Eastern Standard Time

Thursday 8-10pm

Friday 8-10 pm

Saturday 3-5 pm

Sunday 1-3 pm

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
🇨🇦

CBC Streaming schedule

Link to video appears once the event begins

Streaming Schedule

datetime
Wed Mar 20
12:00 p.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Pairs Short Program
Wed Mar 20
5:00 p.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Women's Short Program
Thu Mar 21
11:10 a.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Men's Short Program
Fri Mar 22
11:20 a.m.
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024 - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Sat Mar 23
3:00 p.m.
CBC Sports: ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Montreal

TV Schedule ?

French CBC has links to all videos, short programs and long programs.

I am only dropping the first link because there are kinks with some of the URL names which will definitely be fixed at a later date and I don't want to confuse anyone if the links are indeed updated later. But just to reassure everyone, CBC (French and English) will stream both the short and long programs.

TV : my service provider gives me only 14 days ahead of time so I can guarantee that there will be skating on English CBC March 21 at 8pm on primetime TV. I expect the same on the 22nd. During the weekend, it should be afternoon shows. On French CBC, it seems that there will be shows on TV only during the weekend.