2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating

Skatefan15

On the Ice
If there is a season, I hope we get to see Gracie, Ting, and Hanna compete at more competitions. I also hope that Bradie continues upwards after ending her season with a medal at Four Continents:luv17: (she’s my fav!) I’m interested to see what Starr’s programs are going to look like, I know she announced her short program music (and I liked it!!), but I wonder what her freeskate will be? Also I wonder if Alysa is going to work on her technique at all now that the judges are going to look closer at pre rotations?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I believe Gracie is on the ice training in Delaware. She didn’t make a coaching change, it’s just that her rink in Pennsylvania is still closed because of the pandemic.

Hopefully Gracie is continuing to improve. Without summer competitions, and given her marketability, she's probably got a great shot for the Skate America host pick (assuming the event happens).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe Gracie is on the ice training in Delaware. She didn’t make a coaching change, it’s just that her rink in Pennsylvania is still closed because of the pandemic.

Yes I call IceWorks like every other day to see if they are open yet.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Lately I’ve seen vids from Chris Knierim’s Instagram of him doing throws with Megan Wessenberg. Is she switching to pairs, or is this just for fun??

saturdaysun

On the Ice
I believe someone reported seeing Megan at a pairs tryout event earlier this year. I was curious why there was never any followup.

beepboop

On the Ice
Does anyone know what's going on with Alysa? Someone else previously mentioned her posting about trolls/haters, and now her Twitter is entirely gone and she's deleted the vast majority of her Instagram posts as well as all of her TikToks. I just hope she's doing ok :(

And please let me know if this is too off topic.

frida80

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's going on with Alysa? Someone else previously mentioned her posting about trolls/haters, and now her Twitter is entirely gone and she's deleted the vast majority of her Instagram posts as well as all of her TikToks. I just hope she's doing ok :(

She’s been under intense criticism by detractors over her jumps for a year now. It’s been awful. She has no control over how her jumps are called.

mrrice

Record Breaker
She’s been under intense criticism by detractors over her jumps for a year now. It’s been awful. She has no control over how her jumps are called.

How old is she, 14/15? I'll never understand why people feel the need to go after a child who's just doing what she's been trained to do.

macy

Record Breaker

if possible, i think she needs someone to manage her social media. the things people are saying about her and her skating are not things she needs to be reading whatsoever. its very sad a 14 year old child has to deal with this.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
How old is she, 14/15? I'll never understand why people feel the need to go after a child who's just doing what she's been trained to do.

That's the social media culture. It might be a lot of other teens being mean and jealous because they will never accomplish what Alysa has already if they live to 100.

frida80

Record Breaker

She’s just 14. I can’t understand it at all. She didn’t invent prerotation. Many other skaters have done them for ages, but have never had the onslaught at this level.

I think since a lot of fandoms have gotten used to US ladies being underdogs, they find her a threat. I’ve noticed some negativity towards promising new skaters a few times. However, Alysa is a huge target moreso because USFS keeps promoting her. They just reposted her 4Lz from the JGP a few days ago, saying she made history. There was no real reason to post it all of a sudden. They’re not helping this situation.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie looks very fit. Seems she used the quarantine wisely. This will be her real combackseason

Gracie is like the number 42. The answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I didn’t realize “fans” have been trolling Alysa. This is really unfortunate. She is a talented, sweet, humble little girl. Athletes really need thick skin- especially with the obsessive fans and social media. I hope she can keep a positive perspective. We know that she’s being bashed because she’s a realistic threat to someone’s favorite skater, but to be that athlete and read the mean comments, I’m sure it’s very hurtful.
Wishing her a great season. (If there is one )

Ross74

Medalist
if possible, i think she needs someone to manage her social media. the things people are saying about her and her skating are not things she needs to be reading whatsoever. its very sad a 14 year old child has to deal with this.

I feel like someone Liu's age who is in the pubic eye should not have a social media account that is open to comments. There is absolutely no reason for that.

macy

Record Breaker
I feel like someone Liu's age who is in the pubic eye should not have a social media account that is open to comments. There is absolutely no reason for that.

Agree. i think the smart thing for her to do is have someone manage her public profile that she has now, and she can have her own private account for friends/family only.