XenForo Questions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

Scott512

Record Breaker
Doing the multi quote was easy the other way now you have a new way to do it. Are there any tricks to it because I don't seem to have an easy time doing the multi quote here with your new forum?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doing the multi quote was easy the other way now you have a new way to do it. Are there any tricks to it because I don't seem to have an easy time doing the multi quote here with your new forum?

Click on the quotes and then click on the "insert quotes". When the popup comes, you can remove or just click "Quote messages". They will be entered into your reply box. See attached images.

1600910748428.png

1600910765146.png

Attachments

• 1600910790937.png
    1600910790937.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will the flag of the user be shown again, under the user name.
Currently there is no add-on for this, but it's on our list. You can, however, still show where you are from in your settings. ;)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Click on the quotes and then click on the "insert quotes". When the popup comes, you can remove or just click "Quote messages". They will be entered into your reply box. See attached images.

Sorry, I'm still a bit confused. That looks like the Ignore User fuction, not Ignore Thread?

Yes, we don't have an "ignore thread" feature at this time. This is a paid add-on that we would have to purchase, which means it would late part of the Premium Bundle.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Are forum signatures enabled now (a set image/quote at the end of posts), or is this just a bug that I'm experiencing? I haven't found a way to edit mine. The signature I have is from literally a decade ago now; they were previously turned off for many years, and now here it is again LOL.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are forum signatures enabled now (a set image/quote at the end of posts), or is this just a bug that I'm experiencing? I haven't found a way to edit mine. The signature I have is from literally a decade ago now; they were previously turned off for many years, and now here it is again LOL.
They are disabled, but a few may have been transferred over from years ago. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
In our user pull down for preferences etc, there is a listing for "country flag" but when I click on it to choose mine it goes to a page with an error message. Can this be fixed please?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In our user pull down for preferences etc, there is a listing for "country flag" but when I click on it to choose mine it goes to a page with an error message. Can this be fixed please?

We are actually working on this right now as we speak. We are trying to get the add-on to work with this software.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Scrolling down page 1 of The Edge, I noticed that the un-read threads reached the bottom of the page, and extended into the second page. And I thought "that never happened before". And then it dawned on me that the reason might be that there might be fewer threads being displayed on the index pages now. So, I started counting.

There are currently 2 sticky threads plus 20 regular threads being displayed in The Edge.

I then went onto the Wayback Machine, and in the last snapshot before the migration, there were 3 sticky threads plus 50 regular threads being displayed in The Edge.

(I take it that sticky threads are not included in the count for threads being displayed. Because the numbers of regular threads in The Lutz Corner and the Fan Fest sub-fora were the same as in The Edge, even though the number of sticky threads were different).

When I went onto page 2 of The Edge to check the unread threads, I noticed something else that was different.

The sticky threads are now only being displayed at the top of the first page of each forum / sub-forum. When we were on vBulletin, they were being displayed at the top of every page.

These aren't really major issues, but just thought I should let you know.

CaroLiza_fan

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Scrolling down page 1 of The Edge, I noticed that the un-read threads reached the bottom of the page, and extended into the second page. And I thought "that never happened before". And then it dawned on me that the reason might be that there might be fewer threads being displayed on the index pages now. So, I started counting.

There are currently 2 sticky threads plus 20 regular threads being displayed in The Edge.

I then went onto the Wayback Machine, and in the last snapshot before the migration, there were 3 sticky threads plus 50 regular threads being displayed in The Edge.

(I take it that sticky threads are not included in the count for threads being displayed. Because the numbers of regular threads in The Lutz Corner and the Fan Fest sub-fora were the same as in The Edge, even though the number of sticky threads were different).

When I went onto page 2 of The Edge to check the unread threads, I noticed something else that was different.

The sticky threads are now only being displayed at the top of the first page of each forum / sub-forum. When we were on vBulletin, they were being displayed at the top of every page.

These aren't really major issues, but just thought I should let you know.

CaroLiza_fan
I have since removed several stickies.

Yes, less threads per page, but more pages.

Yes, we know about the stickies only displayed on first page ;)

Please remember that we are on a new platform and moving forward, things will be different ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
How do I get the current emojis? I'm on my kindle .
This is posted from my very old Kindlefire. Click on the smiley face edit icon. You get a drop down menu. Pick an emoji.

:alien::geek::devilish:

You may have inadvertently gotten out of WYSIWYG mode and into the edit mode that will not let you post emojis. There is an edit icon that looks like this:

[ ]

It is accessed from the furthest right three-dot drop down menu.
If you are in the wrong mode, all the editing icons look very faint except that one. When you click on it, the other icons will become darker.

Then you will be able to click on the smiley face and pick emojis.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello from the other side!

I see that the American and Canadian members have their flags displayed. Will the rest of us be getting our flags back too?

CaroLiza_fan

Will the flag of the user be shown again, under the user name.

Country flags are now ready! Go to this thread to see how ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Country flags are now ready! Go to this thread to see how ;)

Thank you.

Unfortunately the Northern Ireland flag is missing from the options this time. So, I'll pass on displaying a flag myself.

But, I am delighted you found a way of bringing them back. I always love looking at them! :biggrin:

🏴‍☠️🏁

CaroLiza_fan

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you.

Unfortunately the Northern Ireland flag is missing from the options this time. So, I'll pass on displaying a flag myself.

But, I am delighted you found a way of bringing them back. I always love looking at them! :biggrin:

🏴‍☠️🏁

CaroLiza_fan
I will get it for you ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I will get it for you ;)

🤗

I live in a strange place. If you say you are British, a lot of people get offended. If you say you are Irish, a different lot of people get offended. So, to avoid offending anybody, I always say I'm Northern Irish. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: