2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 334 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm not so sure. It seems to me illogical that RusFed first says that qualifying to RusNats will only go through Russian Cup and that everyone have to participate in two Stages. And then also qualifying through GP Rostelecom?!?

It doesn't matter though. We all strongly suspect that those at the GP will qualify anyway...

But it will be a very hectic period with a LOT of competitions for Kostornaia...
It wouldn't be the first illogical (or at least inconsistent) thing that the Rusfed did, right? :)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
It wouldn't be the first illogical (or at least inconsistent) thing that the Rusfed did, right? :)
True. Maybe RusFed will give Kostornaia permission to withdraw from Stage 5 and give her a bye to RusNats after GP Rostelecom.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Speaking of Stage One. Does anyone know why Viktoria Iuschenkova was DSQ? She came 9th and last so it doesn't matter anyway. But what happened?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Speaking of Stage One. Does anyone know why Viktoria Iuschenkova was DSQ? She came 9th and last so it doesn't matter anyway. But what happened?
She competed for Israel last season, hence, shouldn’t have taken part in Russian cup stages.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
She competed for Israel last season, hence, shouldn’t have taken part in Russian cup stages.
Aha! That explains it. But the RusFed should have known that, shouldn't they?
Ah well, it didn't make any difference in the greater scheme of things. She lost her 2 points and I suppose we won't see her again at a later Stage.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The competitors at Rostelecom Cup GP and their seasons best last year

Kostornaia 247.59
Trusova 241.02
Shcherbakova 240.92
Medvedeva 225.76
Tuktamysheva 221.15
Gulyakova 200.11 (at Tallink Hotels Cup, not in the SB list)
Safonova 192.49
Ryabova 187.77
Samodurova 187.16
Urushadze 179.50

Looks like Samodurova is the one who has to work hard to make it a clean Russian Top Seven sweep.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I wonder how many of those URs would have been called if she was a Sambo70 skater.

To put it in perspective, Frolova got an edge call on the lutz in the short there (despite she has a good outside edge, learnt that from Panova), while Shcherbakova who is almost never on the outside did not! :shrug::shrug:

Oh and how about we talk about the underrotations for Eteri skaters cause they had those too and nothing was called.

Technical panel double standards and guess who was in that panel?

I watched the whole competition in a real time, and in the context of that one competition Frolova certainly had the worst lutz edge there and Talalaikina had the most obvious URs. It's not matter who trained who or who can produce the best jump in the practice, but what happened in that exact competition. Comparing to the other skaters in that exact competition (which is the point of judging in the context), jumps of Eteri's skaters, on the topic you are talking about, were (more/less) fine there.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova was not invited to the anniversary of the Sambo-70 school

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...-byt-na-prazdnike-v-sambo-70-no-pozvat-v.html
Renat Laishev: “Zagitova should be at the festival at Sambo-70, but we cannot call everyone. She did not show such interest in the activities of the school "

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...-v-yubilee-sambo-70-evgeniya-obedinyaet-.html
Laishev on Medvedeva's participation in the Sambo-70 anniversary: “Evgenia unites all the love of the school. There is also Alina Zagitova, but she is busy "

This man talks too much..

Why Renat why? Alina has won everything for Sambo-70. All he had to do was say Alina is busy with other things but we wish she was here.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Seems like LO fed declared they did not send Yushchenkova to Russian Cup.:ninja:

Aha! That explains it. But the RusFed should have known that, shouldn't they?
Ah well, it didn't make any difference in the greater scheme of things. She lost her 2 points and I suppose we won't see her again at a later Stage.
And as always RusFed stated they have no clue how it happened.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I hope RusFed remenber last season when Gubanova was denied her rightful spot at the GPs. Both she and Sotskova qualified, but RusFed chose to give it Sotskova.

So, RusFed, this is your chance to redeem yourselves. Give Gubanova a spot at the Rostelecom Cup!

silveruskate

On the Ice
Sorry, but the only reason I had to mention Rozanov, is because it's been rehashed everywhere multiple times, that he's THE coach that got all quads and 3A in TT, the big loss for that team and so on. I don't disagree he's a talented coach, I'm sure he has a lot to offer to skaters and skating world, but the fact that people seemed to completely minimize Dudakov's work and input, making it look like a young coach with a 3-4 years of real coaching experience was teaching Dudakov how to teach jumps (and not the other way around), has rubbed me the wrong way the whole time. People have provided multiple examples, that first quads were taught prior to Rozanov even stepping foot there, but it did look like some were largely persuaded otherwise. So I felt like Dudakov FINALLY deserves some credit for at least Lyuba's 3A and can come out of the shadow of the "beauty king of Russia".
No offense, but this is talk from Dreamland. Hardly anyone is saying Rozanov is the master jump expert teaching everyone quads and 3A so I have no idea where it is being rehashed everywhere. And as far as making it look like he was teaching Dudakov?? The idea that Dudakov is this damsel-in-distress finally getting credit for his work really does make me laugh.

My understanding of the situation is Rozanov has had more media attention recently because of his coaching school change, (he hardly had any attention on himself before) but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The second side of the media reports is that Aliona learned the 3A with the help of Rozanov and wanted his help to get it back. Now, if she learned the jump really well with Rozanov then no reason why she shouldn't go to the person she prefers. None of this means Dudakov can't teach jumps.

I didn't want to get into this discussion, but this really is too much!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
No offense, but this is talk from Dreamland. Hardly anyone is saying Rozanov is the master jump expert teaching everyone quads and 3A so I have no idea where it is being rehashed everywhere. And as far as making it look like he was teaching Dudakov?? The idea that Dudakov is this damsel-in-distress finally getting credit for his work really does make me laugh.

My understanding of the situation is Rozanov has had more media attention recently because of his coaching school change, (he hardly had any attention on himself before) but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The second side of the media reports is that Aliona learned the 3A with the help of Rozanov and wanted his help to get it back. Now, if she learned the jump really well with Rozanov then no reason why she shouldn't go to the person she prefers. None of this means Dudakov can't teach jumps.

I didn't want to get into this discussion, but this really is too much!
Well then there are some people from the dreamland here and generally on the internet. I ignored the message that “Sasha couldn’t learn 4Lo because Rozanov was away”, from another dreamland user, because she never said that, and I have translated what she said before. It’s just another example, where Rozanov is given the credit due to wishful thinking. There were many more in this thread before.

Status
Not open for further replies.