Alena Kostornaia | Page 256 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

McBibus

On the Ice
Indeed, Alyona and the other teenage skaters inspire.
There are lots of little girls trying to emulate their idols in music and/or costumes.
There is something for any kid to look up too, each of the top girls having such a different way to be the ice

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She is so good in applying cosmetics to mask the bags under her eyes, which she can probably do nothing about.

Her make up and hair skills have always been top and from what I remember from her interviews, she mostly does her make up herself.

macy

Record Breaker
At this point i just want to see Aliona skate no matter what jumps she choose to feature :oops: i miss her so much, i really can't wait to see her FS to really see how she works with THE Shae Lyn Bourne.

Is her costumes to be designed by McKinnon a confirmed rumor? if not, poor woman got swarmed by fans in her post displaying a Billie Eillish inspired costume for another client 😁

unfortunately no, Lisa confirmed this was not for Aliona. something like this would be perfect though.

McBibus

On the Ice
For what I care she can skate in her training gear, as long as she is in good form.
She will be mesmerizing
Can't wait!

volk

Final Flight
She was favorite to win Worlds this year. But next year I'm not even sure she'd make the team. I hope she at least recovers her 3A.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
She was favorite to win Worlds this year. But next year I'm not even sure she'd make the team. I hope she at least recovers her 3A.
From the clips we have seen so far Alena looks great in training. She did a gigantic 3F+3T when Plushenko did his interview. She also perfected her Biellmann positions which will get her bonus points, I think Alena has a great shots at making the team. Her FS music choice is amazing, I think judges will love it and she will get great PCs for it. So far I am not worried about her. The 3A will come too, I believe.

McBibus

On the Ice
nobody can see the future.
Considering the "shelf-life" of the latest champions (Zenya and Alina) losing 1 year and a half is horrible non just for Aliona, but also for Anna and Sasha.
I hope that 3A are "next generation" non just in the debut peak, but also in the ability to keep their ultra tech elements for years in order to remain competitive.
I try not to reason as a fan of Aliona here: making the team is a problem for many superlative skaters in Russia now, but it is because the sport is organized in a terrible way and there is not a year long international competition in which all the best skaters in the world could regularly compete no matter what country they represent. It would also be a really good way to sell the skating movement that actually lives only for big events like a minor sport.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
I vividly remember early fall of 2019 when there was panic all around that Alena will be the 4th best Russian and left off the team in favor of either Alina or Zhenya, etc. Nothing of the sort happened and she won all international competitions. Bottom line, nobody knows what's going to happen. The year has been tough, but I believe Alena will regain her top shape and the 3A in time, if she hasn't already.

McBibus

On the Ice
"Anya I would have as my daughter; Alexandra I would have as my lieutenant; Alyonushka I would have as my muse."
I never read that, but in one of my fist messages i wrote
"I would go to war with Sasha, I would like a daughter like Anya and I would like to be 18 again just to desperately fall in love with Aliona"
So very similar
And to the last, the ice says, "No, please. Allow me to carry you."
The ice loves her blade. It always has, and I trust it always will.
And again I wrote many time that ice seems to be downhill for her.
She skates in a bubble of magic pushed by some mystic wind.

It's a thing you see both in warm up and even more when she enters the ice for a performance
It's like Aliona is talking with the ice

I love that those sensations are shared between her fans

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I do not share the anxiety and uncertainty expressed here regarding Alenka's prospects in this upcoming competitive season. I do not disregard these concerns, but rather I have great confidence in the highest expectations. Whether she will summit the podium, or even attain its' foothills, matters not to me. Because, unless fate or the "situation" triggers a quake that brings down the entire season, she will skate, and I will watch, and I will once again be overcome by her qualities.

When viewing the ridings, I am inevitably distracted by the outstanding skills and exceptional qualities of many of the elite competitors. Often I suffer a bit of anxiety then, wondering, "Have I mistaken my apprehension of my favorite?". But as soon as she sets blade upon the ice, I am reassured, I am proven out, "No mistake, there is genius here. This is special, very special."

Although "3A" is a phenomenon of the past, as circumstances have changed and now more than three young ladies warrant equal status to that of which only three were deserving just last season, I recall a remark from this thread many months ago regarding the exceptional qualities of the troika.

"Anya I would have as my daughter; Alexandra I would have as my lieutenant; Alyonushka I would have as my muse."

When I have struggled to share my own enthusiasm, I have borrowed this matrix to express my appreciation:

One is powerful and fearless, her blades carve her name into the ice as she launches like a rocket.

One is delicate and angelic, and seems to move across the ice without leaving a scratch upon it.

And to the last, the ice says, "No, please. Allow me to carry you."

The ice loves her blade. It always has, and I trust it always will.
Beautifully said

macy

Record Breaker
i think Aliona has the same chances as anyone else for making the team next year. i really think it will be her, Sasha, Anna and Kamila battling it out for 3 spots. if Daria gets a quad or 3A by then, she will be right there with them. they will all have to be perfect and it will be heartbreaking no matter who is left off.

McBibus

On the Ice
Yes indeed, although refracted through the lense of my own recollection, it was your very own posting that I paraphrased. A bit of laziness not to track down the original is my shortcoming, and I beg pardon for misapplication of quotation marks used only to highlight the fact that the original thought was not my own.
Honestly I like your wording better.
I don't have that language skill in english.
My Italian is definitely much better :ROFLMAO:

While patiently waiting for the next performance, it is all fans' treat here to share, compare and "Let (us) count the ways."

To wit:

Reviewing her solitary public appearance this year, I found my self replaying time and again from the first camera cut, where a few simple strokes, two turns and a couple of crossovers are enough to steal your breath.

And when a gesture comes from the wrist, an almost visible line of energy runs continuously throughout, from the blade to the fingernail polish.

Early reviews were quite mixed, but, when polished, I think "Crown" will prove to be iconic. Notable already, one infamously critical skating "pundit" has confessed that a very dimissive first impression was almost immediately swept away upon subsequent review, and now "👑" is called "next level", "perfect", "so right".

And the flamethrowers are out for sure, regarding the transfer, and the interview, and the "crowded ice" issue. But I say that "diva" is coarsely abused as a slur by the Philistines toward the many, many pretenders, whereas Alyonushka has been quite candid about these issues. "I am a difficult person"; "I am emotional."
(And I've already mentioned on this board my interpretation of the choreography bringing the finger guns to the judges.)

Hey, if the crown fits.... Though I wonder, how does she get it over those horns?
🦊💅💄👑😈

We have Alina for the icon, we have Zhenya for the martyr, we have Sasha for bravery and Anya for piety, but for me, personally, I have only one burning desire..."Let me stand next to your 🔥!"

Surely I am not the only one who sees these things, am I?

My unique thing with Aliona is the head.
She's the only skater that can touch my chords with a simple turning or flipping of her head.

I love the flametrhowers and the envious pleople screaming on overscoring after every victory.
Thei're just proof of her star potential.
Our girl moves strong emotions and the world seems to revolve around her.

well... some time I'm not so goodwillng on haters

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It very much depends on her mindset to work hard, stay in top physical shape, hold on to that triksel.

She has no time to be 'star struck' for long.

We'll see Alyona soon, but like with Trusova, she will still skate in her old boots.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I have confidence in Aliona, that she’ll get her 3A back. She's just that kind of person who's incredibly hardworking and demanding to herself. Even if she doesn't get it immediately, it will happen sooner or later in my opinion.
Her 2A still looked as flawless and big as ever, so I have no doubt 3A is coming back.
i think Aliona has the same chances as anyone else for making the team next year. i really think it will be her, Sasha, Anna and Kamila battling it out for 3 spots. if Daria gets a quad or 3A by then, she will be right there with them. they will all have to be perfect and it will be heartbreaking no matter who is left off.

Fully agree. I already feel sad, because all of them are incredibly talented, gifted, yet so different from one another. Each girl has different strengths and weaknesses, that's why it's so interesting to see them compete with each other.
They all deserve to go to Olympics. It's so sad and unfair that only 3 will be able to. The olympic season will be heartbreaking, I don't want to see any of these wonderful girls upset, because they missed their shot at Olys. Because it's not their fault, it's the system's fault.