Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
NHK aired their interview and some training footage during tonight's news.

Preview - Looks like some transition that leads to Finnstep

Interview and training footage - I see OFSt in FD, 1st set of twizzle in RD, SlLi, StLi?/ChLi?, RoLi.
Enjoyed the clip. Lifts look excellent... they seem to have natural grace, easy elegance.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Preview - Looks like some transition that leads to Finnstep

They're teasing us by stopping right before the Finnstep pattern begins. :wink:

Bilingual version (Japanese/English) of the News Watch 9 segment:

Better audio:

I gotta admit they've progressed farther than I deemed possible by this point. Look at the one-foot stsq, those twizzles, the straightline and rotational lifts. They're so good already! :love2: Only the stationary lift was slightly unsteady. Dai says he's too preoccupied with the fear of dropping Kana to be paying attention to executing the lifts beautifully, but for the most part that really doesn't show, I think.

I'm extremely excited for their debut. :hap10:

Btw, where's deedee? If you're reading and if you'd like - please just quickly drop in to let us know you're alright. :ghug:

As a lead-up to the NHK Trophy, NHK BS1 is going to show a series of portraits on Mao, Dai and Yuzuru. Dai's is going to be broadcasted on the 26th, 9:00-10:50 am: "Artist on the ice - Daisuke Takahashi" (might be the one we already know).

The RD will be broadcasted on BS8K (in UHD definition) on the 27th, 5:15-5:45 pm.

The FD is on the 28th from 5:45-6:30 pm and the exhibition is on the 29th from 2:15-4:00 pm, both on BS8K as well.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Btw, where's deedee? If you're reading and if you'd like - please just quickly drop in to let us know you're alright. :ghug:
I'm fine, synes. :) Sorry it's been a while since I visited the GS forum the last.

I'm still using Internet Explorer, I know I should better use Edge or Chrome. The problem with me is everytime I start the above, I see a message coming up saying 'NortonLifeLock (my PC security software) has approved of Chrome's web camera accsess', which of course I don't like... I tried several times to change my settings to default it on Chrome/Edge, to no success so far. Thus I can't open Youtube, FB twitter, etc. anymore. sigh...

Anyway thanks to my wonderful friends incl you here, now I know their music, am so much looking forward to their programs at NHK trophy, too!
Agreed with you all. Dai is HOT with his long grown hair. My tiny worry is probably he doesn't show up painting his face green :laugh:

10 days to go. In the meantime please keep staying safe and be happy, my friends! :ghug:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I'm fine, synes. :) Sorry it's been a while since I visited the GS forum the last.

I'm still using Internet Explorer, I know I should better use Edge or Chrome. The problem with me is everytime I start the above, I see a message coming up saying 'NortonLifeLock (my PC security software) has approved of Chrome's web camera accsess', which of course I don't like... I tried several times to change my settings to default it on Chrome/Edge, to no success so far. Thus I can't open Youtube, FB twitter, etc. anymore. sigh...

Anyway thanks to my wonderful friends incl you here, now I know their music, am so much looking forward to their programs at NHK trophy, too!
Agreed with you all. Dai is HOT with his long grown hair. My tiny worry is probably he doesn't show up painting his face green :laugh:

10 days to go. In the meantime please keep staying safe and be happy, my friends! :ghug:

Thank goodness you're ok! I was starting to be worried about you. Thank you for dropping in. (Gosh, I sound like my own mom. I'm sorry. :laugh:) Hope you get those IT problems sorted out. And please stay healthy yourself. :pray:

Yes to yellow suit, no to green face paint (fortunately it's not allowed anyway :wink:).

Here's another short Dai-focused appetizer with a few practice glimpses we hadn't seen yet 🥰:

Dai's arms! :dbana:

ETA:

You beat me! greengrin.gif

This is a modified version of what they showed at the show and in the livestream yesterday posted by the same user.
You can see a straight line lift before the rotational lift. The RoLi was actually longer and the rotation in the first half was faster.
There are some step sequences, a CCW twizzle, a sliding movement that looks like a finishing pose.

EDIT: Here is another version, which is less processed.

Here's the footage from Sunday's CaOI rebroadcast with Tatsuki Machida's commentary (English subs kindly provided by meowmix :thank:):

Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
^ Lol, S/K are not at all shabby at ice dancing too though.

KanaDai updates! 🥰

Arrival at the venue:

La Bayadere costumes:

Practice footage - they look really good!!! Dai does the straightline lift on one foot and transitions directly to the RoLi! 🤯

How am I going to focus on work today? I'm so excited! :party2:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker

NBC published a glowing article today:

Love Marina's gushy words, but hope she doesn't jinx them. :wink:

Only 3 days left! :cheer:
Marina's beautiful comments on Daisuke already MADE MY DaY! :love: Thanks a million. :thank:
A tiny bit surprising is she doesn't realize how gorgeous he is until just recently ;), which is many of figure skating fans [I[knew[I/] for more than 10 years or so. :biggrin:

Good luck to Kana & Dai at NHK! :cheer:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Short clip of Kana and Dai practicing their RD this morning:

Pictures:

There's no green face paint, but yellow pants, suspenders and a crazy tie (matching Carrey's in the movie). 😁 Love Kana's dress and ponytail.

This looks like it's gonna be a blast! :cool:

Ganbatte Kana & Dai and, most importantly, try to relax and have fun! :hap10:

ETA:

Here's all three dance teams planned program content:

Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Well done, Kana and Dai! :clap: It was a great debut and 64.15 is very impressive. They had a huge disadvantage as they made this RD just two months ago while the other two teams skated the same programs from last season. They lost levels and points here and there, but I know they will improve with every performance. In the post performance interview, they said they enjoyed performing and were happy with the score.

I look forward to FD tomorrow. Kenji on NHK commentary said the program suits them very well.

Last edited: