2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Rhythm Dance

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Maybe. Not many ice dance experts in Japan yet.

For international competitions Kenji Miyamoto usually commentates ice dance. But the discipline is still very much under the radar in Japan and id at Nationals isn't shown on Fuji's main channel. I suppose that's why they didn't bother to hire a commentator. :confused:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
For international competitions Kenji Miyamoto usually commentates ice dance. But the discipline is still very much under the radar in Japan and id at Nationals isn't shown on Fuji's main channel. I suppose that's why they didn't bother to hire a commentator. :confused:
They sometimes get older commentators (I recall one guy and one lady in the last few years, but can't remember their names), but they are probably busy judging, coaching, etc. There just isn't the same talent pool as in singles.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
They sometimes get older commentators (I recall one guy and one lady in the last few years, but can't remember their names), but they are probably busy judging, coaching, etc. There just isn't the same talent pool as in singles.
I'm just watching the men's FS on Fuji TV, and they just showed a bit of the RD. With commentator (not sure who, possibly Kenji M). So Fuji (terrestrial) has a commentator, but not the satellite channel, which is showing everything without commentary.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I'm just watching the men's FS on Fuji TV, and they just showed a bit of the RD. With commentator (not sure who, possibly Kenji M). So Fuji (terrestrial) has a commentator, but not the satellite channel, which is showing everything without commentary.

The early groups of the ladies and men on satellite had commentary by Kanako Murakami and Takahito Mura. Yes, that was Kenji at the start of the men's FS broadcast on terrestrial. It would have been nice to have the whole dance competition with Kenji's commentary, but I'm glad they at least showed Kana and Dai.