Moscow Novice Championships - Qualification to Russian Novice Nationals (Jan 19-22) | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Moscow Novice Championships - Qualification to Russian Novice Nationals (Jan 19-22)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It's little curious result. Eteri winning in older boys, Angels in older girls :biggrin:
If I would object something, it would be Sofia's transitions, to me it seemed that she stumbled here and there, but she's 11 y. o. girl, plenty of time for polishing, esp. with her technical foundations.
Eteri doesn't really have anyone in these age groups, from 08s and on. She had Veronika Zhilina, but she of course left so, all Eteri girls left in these age groups are... not weak by any means but certainly nothing special.

She however could try doing something like taking Krivonosova from Moskvich, which is the same school from which she took Kamila Valieva.

These boys by Eteri are really strong, especially Koleshnikov who has some incredible PCS talent in addition to quads.

Izzy

Spectator
Thank you and good for andreeva for makin the cut too bad for the other sambo 70-I believe valeria ?? And good for margarita b.
Congrats to Elena k. And for the elders good for paramonova and kulikova for makin it out... titova skated well and deserved first!

I’m so curious now to the process is to get into the school of sambo-70, angel of plushenko... like what’s a day look like got these girls as they have 3/3 and such high tech content.. are these kids homeschooled?? Are they doin more off ice ? I wonder how much ice time these kids need to achieve such success??.... I’m curious cuz our American girls are far behind on tech and from what I see it’s all together diff from the the early 2000s

On youtube, there is an account run by the father of Miroslava (6 yrs) and Vasilisa (4yrs) Lebedeva. He often films their training (on and off-ice) and I think Miroslava just got into Khrustalny. It‘s all in russian but still very interesting to watch🙂

Novalis

Record Breaker
She however could try doing something like taking Krivonosova from Moskvich, which is the same school from which she took Kamila Valieva.
I like that idea and this is true of course, but to be precise, the word took is a bit wrong. Kamila and her mother just came for a try out, and the rest is history.

And we also have to remember, that many of these successful girls weren't that special either when they joined TeamTutberidze. The school made them special.

Look at Kamila's record for instance before TT and after. Quite the difference

brakes

On the Ice
Titova really impressed me with her strong nerves to win second year in a row. Her jumps are really big.
Kostyleva was a disaster in free, also that bent knee in her spin needs to improve. Great talent still.

Overall good event, but nothing truly breathtaking talent-wise, imho.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I like that idea and this is true of course, but to be precise, the word took is a bit wrong. Kamila and her mother just came for a try out, and the rest is history.

And we also have to remember, that many of these successful girls weren't that special either when they joined TeamTutberidze. The school made them special.

Generally a skater who appears to be very promising at 10-11 doesn't have to be truly fulfilling the expectations at 13, 14 or later, while some who didn't appear somehow special at the earlier age make a progress. Of course this doesn't apply by 100 % rate but kudos to Eteri that many of skaters she accepted into her group weren't the most succesful of their age at all, but she recognized the potential in them.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Was a lot better artistically when she was in Sambo-70 Crystal. Lost her personal style since then, unfortunately. She's solid but the class overall probably isn't amazing if she's the strongest representive of the age group. After a streak like Valieva 06 Akatieva, Samodelkina 07, Zhilina 08 the 09 age group feels closer to 05. 04, 03, 02 etc. obviously all have amazing star skaters.
From a pure performance standpoint I think Dzepka is the best from the 09 group. Her skating skills and spins are so good. She's maybe not the best jumper (though that spread eagle - 2A - spread eagle in her short is exquisite), but her performance ability is amazing. I'm sad we haven't been able to see her yet this season. (Melkumova's my personal favorite from that generation but alas... jumps).

katymay

Medalist
On youtube, there is an account run by the father of Miroslava (6 yrs) and Vasilisa (4yrs) Lebedeva. He often films their training (on and off-ice) and I think Miroslava just got into Khrustalny. It‘s all in russian but still very interesting to watch🙂
One of those videos popped up on my feed-it was so cute-they were walking through the snow in snowsuits on the way to skating. Sort of the Russian version of A Very Young Skater, and the sisters are just as cute as can be. The videos seems to have a fan base, I hope the family is receiving some money from them.

katymay

Medalist
Finally got a chance to catch up with the Older Novice ladies-so many of these girls skated full out-no hesitation into jumps (better GOE), but also some spectacular, painful falls. So much is at stake I guess that they feel they have to go big or go home-but so many of these little girls were skating with reckless abandon. lol. ( By way of comparison: Alysa Liu slows way way down before doing a 3F or a 3L. She is almost at a standstill when her toe pick goes in). I don't know about Japan or Korea, but I know in the U.S., our 8-12 year olds are not in the same league with most of these little girls- so I think they are pretty special. (Not to mention courageous-some of the falls looked very painful today, and there were some scary 'Pogo' type edge slips).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
From a pure performance standpoint I think Dzepka is the best from the 09 group. Her skating skills and spins are so good. She's maybe not the best jumper (though that spread eagle - 2A - spread eagle in her short is exquisite), but her performance ability is amazing. I'm sad we haven't been able to see her yet this season. (Melkumova's my personal favorite from that generation but alas... jumps).
For the 09 age group, Dzepka indeed was... or is the top talent, but her jumps aren't great. Skating skills-wise I don't think any 09 other than Melkumova would come close.

Melkumova, however, has been injured for like a year now, doubtful whether she'll even resume career.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Well, Kamila was known for a very long time, people were specifically following her on Goldenskate since she was 7 years old. For several years Kamila's issue was considered to be jumps, everything else she had at a very good level.

That pretty much is what Moskvich's thing has been, not great jumps but in terms of artistry and skating skills the students are like from a different planet. Especially Lyutikov's students have skating skills like no other, like Melkumova(no longer with him), and Krivonosova.