2021-2022 Programs by Discipline | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Programs by Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really, Misha? Really? You gave up the beautiful Nuryev for Schindler's List? A classic warhorse? Despite the fact that that is Jason's free as well and it will be difficult to top his program? A bit disappointing, if you ask me.
Really. Nuryev was perfect for him. I really like Misha, but I think this is a mistake.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Not totally surprised given Yulia skated to it too but I kind of agree this choice was ill advised
White Crow was just perfect for him and the Olympic Season… but we will still see it with pairs Caine-Gribble/LeDuc
Curious regarding MK’s SL music cuts..

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really don't understand this decision, if it is a decision. Kolyada's "White Crow" was so well received, and it was considered "his". That is a considerable feat in skating.

Jason's Schindlers List was also well received, and while not as much "his" as Sinnerman, is still identified with him among recent programs. His fans are even calling his programs this year "Sinnerman's List".

So even if you are giving up the Nureyev, why give it up for Schindler's List? It would be like Jason giving up Sinnerman for White Crow. 🤷‍♀️

:scratch2:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
What I feel about this is exactly what I felt when Jason Brown announced he’d skate to SL—beautiful, evocative piece of music, suits the style of the skater perfectly, I’m sure the program will be lovely, but, ugh, not again :)

Josh Farris’ is still my favorite SL.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What I feel about this is exactly what I felt when Jason Brown announced he’d skate to SL—beautiful, evocative piece of music, suits the style of the skater perfectly, I’m sure the program will be lovely, but, ugh, not again :)

Josh Farris’ is still my favorite SL.
Paul Wylie had my fav SL program of all-time but Jason's comes very close.

noskates

Record Breaker
Wow. I don't even remember Paul skating to SL. I do remember his Kennedy program though. Jason's is definitely my favorite. He puts so much heart into it that can't be choreographed.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This interview with the choreographer, Nikita Mikhailov (I don't know him at all) confirms that Misha K. is using Schindler's List for his LP

:scratch2:

I do not speak Russian, so I don't know if the translation is accurate. But it appears that the choreographer said that the main comparison would be to Jason, which I agree. Then he says Jason "suddenly" decided to return to SL of "a few years ago".

Ummm, I realize you're in Russia, Nikita, but Jason announced Schindler *on April 27*. That's two months ago. That's not "sudden" :(And before then he had hinted he was returning to an old program. Which is only one year old and he never was able to perform at the cancelled Worlds.

Misha has the BV over Jason but not the PCS. If he thinks a dueling Schindler is going to do it, particularly instead of White Crow, well, okey dokey then:slink:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Ummm, I realize you're in Russia, Nikita, but Jason announced Schindler *on April 27*. That's two months ago. That's not "sudden" :(And before then he had hinted he was returning to an old program. Which is only one year old and he never was able to perform at the cancelled Worlds.
To be fair I don’t think choreographers and skaters have time to keep up with their competitors’ music choices. So I suppose it was sudden for Nikita Mikhailov. Does he even know english that well? And what do we know of Misha’s feelings about the music?

I wish no one had chosen Shindler’s list, but I 100 percent support Jason and Misha as it’s their choices.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be fair I don’t think choreographers and skaters have time to keep up with their competitors’ music choices. So I suppose it was sudden for Nikita Mikhailov. Does he even know english that well? And what do we know of Misha’s feelings about the music?

I wish no one had chosen Shindler’s list, but I 100 percent support Jason and Misha as it’s their choices.

As I said I don't read Russian, and the translation could be completely off. Reading the Bing translator, I get the definitive impression that Nikita M. was trying to say he was surprised. And that rubbed me the wrong way. 🤷‍♀️If they don't have time to keep up, then why say it is "suddenly"? If you don't know if it is suddenly, just say, Jason Brown is also skating to SL, and everyone will have to deal.:biggrin:

That said, I don't think anybody owns music, so if Misha wants to skate SL the same year as Jason, well, that's his choice and he is entitled to it. Personally, I don't think this is a good choice for him, given that we already know Jason's program is so powerful, and given that Misha had an acclaimed program in White Crow.

But that's just my opinion. The season will tell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.