2021-2022 Programs by Discipline | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Programs by Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

readernick

Medalist
By the way, Yuhana's Queen medley is a mix of:
Fat-bottomed Girls/We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions

Source: https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1413795275684995080?s=20

Bradie Tennell 21-22 SP: "Restrictus"-Mario Batkovic

Choreo: Benoit Richaud

Really interesting choice for Bradie. I saw a clip on Instagram and she seems to jive with the music.

Yuhana is such a fascinating woman. I love her. Not only does she list "growing vegetables" as her hobby but almost every program she chooses is so unique. I loved her comedic take on Carmen ( honestly the one Carmen I have truly enjoyed in the last 5 years), and her crazy Tom and Jerry program, and now skating to "fat bottom girls." Yuhana has a style that is all her own.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Kolyada is a fantastic skater, but his choices this year are exactly why many are dreading Olympic seasons. Utter yawnfest, no matter how great his skating is.
I expected something more original of Yuhana than We Will Rock You and Champions for her Queen medley. She may make it work, but ATM it doesn't sound too inspired.
Tennell's SP and Messing's FS don't ring a bell with me, so there's something to look forward to.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Kolyada is a fantastic skater, but his choices this year are exactly why many are dreading Olympic seasons. Utter yawnfest, no matter how great his skating is.
I expected something more original of Yuhana than We Will Rock You and Champions for her Queen medley. She may make it work, but ATM it doesn't sound too inspired.
Tennell's SP and Messing's FS don't ring a bell with me, so there's something to look forward to.
Jeremy Abbott first used the music in 2012-2013 Messing will be using for his FS this season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkbpp-jjxI

There was a video from Nationals 2013 where he skated to it, but I guess that's been taken down. This probably would have been a competitive piece for Jeremy had skaters been allowed to use lyrics prior to 2014-15 season.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Mikhail Kolyada (Russia):
SP: The Nutcracker by Pyotr Tchaikovsky

the usual final pas de deux? anyway i like this choice

Keegan Messing (Canada)
SP: "Never Tear Us Apart" performed by Joe Cocker;
FS: "Home" by Phillip Phillips;
Choreographer: Lance Vipond.

Source: IFS.
unrelataed to fs but Philip Philips parents have no heart :LOL:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
as much as i love my baby boy i don't think this music and style suits him, but i'm still more scared by the idea that the free might be a Queen mix. :LOL:
I'm totally with you @elektra blue, but it could be that Benoit has made an SP that totally fits Daniel - after all White Crow has more pieces of music than purely balletic ones. A challenge! As for Queen: makes me scared too. I have - for a long time now - wished that a skater would go for 'the dark and endless dalek night' by Murray gold. bombastic, classic and modern simultaneously. I think Daniel would fit the bill. I can actually see him in a copper coloured suit with big black dots...yeah my dress sense is disgusting, but I believe Daniel could pull it off.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'm totally with you @elektra blue, but it could be that Benoit has made an SP that totally fits Daniel - after all White Crow has more pieces of music than purely balletic ones. A challenge! As for Queen: makes me scared too. I have - for a long time now - wished that a skater would go for 'the dark and endless dalek night' by Murray gold. bombastic, classic and modern simultaneously. I think Daniel would fit the bill. I can actually see him in a copper coloured suit with big black dots...yeah my dress sense is disgusting, but I believe Daniel could pull it off.
he went out in a stained scarecrow costume and called it Joker, it wouldn't be the worst thing he's ever worn :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i'm pretty sure Benoit will tailor something that fits Daniel, but still you can't go too far from the ballet theme, it's Nureyev we're talking about after all. as for DW i'm afraid it's not that popular among youngsters, not in Italy at least, i'd like to see a DW program on ice as long as the skater EXTERMINATE the competition :wink:😜

Status
Not open for further replies.