2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Couldn't have happened to a cooler skater. She really gave us something different to look at last season. Now let's hope he does good triples because we know Osokina can.
he almost qualified for Russian senior nationals in his last year in singles, a skater of Moskvich. Here is a singles video. Not up to the level of Osokina yet but pretty good. And being handsome is a nice bonus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ESzSbXa6t8

He is born in August 2004 and she in December 2006, are they still eligible for novices? If they are, then the rest of the field had better watch out!

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Yes I hope so, loved Vasilieva , she is really suited to pairs. I hope she gets a better partner , so much talent goes to waste in Russia. Having the right coach certainly seems to be the case.
I saw a post on another forum when Mukhortova made her debut in pairs, and someone said Vasilieva, quick look at Mukhortova and come to pairs! Indeed she did and I believe they were both made for it but alas I wish she could get a partner like Evgeniev

What happened to Kudriavtseva/Zaporozhets? I don't have high hopes as of now.

Last edited:

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Speaking of Osokina/Rud I have a theory:

When that photo was posted, the rumors of Osokina's switch had already started. And knowing that they were looking for a partner for Rud, it is likely that Kostiuk/Rud had already split up at that point. They hadn't competed in a while. Pepeleva is there with her partner Pleshkov, Kostiuk is there with who we know to be her new partner Chigiriev, and Rud is there with...Geynish. Mironov's partner.

Geynish/Mironov tryout started a few months prior to that but what if they at some point decided that a Geynish/Rud pair would have been nice? All the triples, same experience level in both singles and pairs, and of an age where they can stay in junior or even novice for a while more. This is something that I would have liked to see, as there is something about Geynish with Mironov...well, it makes me worry. And why should she have to follow him into seniors when Rud is right there?

Maybe I'm overthinking a fun picture in which Mironov just wasn't present. But it does make you wonder when and why Osokina was brought into the conversation in the first place.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Junior test skates schedule:

Ice Dance:
3 august. RD: 16:00
4 august. FD: 14:00

Singles:
4 august. Junior men. SP: 16:00
5 august. Junior men. FS: 14:00
5 august. Junior ladies. SP: 16:00
6 august. Junior ladies. FS: 14:00

Pairs:
10 august. SP: 15:00
11 august. FS: 15:00

Pair groups:

hanca

Record Breaker
JGP Bratislava entries:
Ksenia Akhanteva /Valeriy Kolesov
Polina Kostiukovich /Aleksei Briukhanov
Anastasia Mukhortova / Dmitry Evgenyev
Considering that Russian number 1 junior pair (Artemeva/Nazarychev) moved to seniors, I find it interesting that they let their number 2, number 3 and number 4 junior pair to fight among themselves rather than spreading it a bit. On the other hand, I am curious who will come on top. We will see whether Kostiukovich managed to overcome her struggles with jumps this season, whether Mukhortova managed to get over her double axel issues and whether Akhanteva/Kolesov matured and will show some working relationships between them.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Considering that Russian number 1 junior pair (Artemeva/Nazarychev) moved to seniors, I find it interesting that they let their number 2, number 3 and number 4 junior pair to fight among themselves rather than spreading it a bit. On the other hand, I am curious who will come on top. We will see whether Kostiukovich managed to overcome her struggles with jumps this season, whether Mukhortova managed to get over her double axel issues and whether Akhanteva/Kolesov matured and will show some working relationships between them.
You're right, I also did not expect those all three pairs at one competition at once. I hope they will be spread in the remaining three JGP pair events.

hanca

Record Breaker
You're right, I also did not expect those all three pairs at one competition at once. I hope they will be spread in the remaining three JGP pair events.
Petushkova/Malikov could benefit from the situation, if they don’t have to face the strongest three pairs. (I like Petushkova, so I wish it to them.)

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Petushkova/Malikov could benefit from the situation, if they don’t have to face the strongest three pairs. (I like Petushkova, so I wish it to them.)
Kostiukovich/Briukhanov usually are good at the beginning of the season, so now you really are throwing your top 3 teams at once. AK are the only ones here that have joint international experience. I expect that in the weeks leading up to the event at least one of these teams will be subbed out for a younger team, probably RB but also depending on how they do at test skates. If we go by rank order of last season, it will probably be KB that are subbed out. The thing with all these teams is that is that they all have the elements and it depends on who hits on the day, which could make things messy.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So, what are your feelings about the pairs? Surprisingly who catched my attention the most were Chikmaryova/Yanchenkov, I bet from Slyusarenko's team, and Khabibulina/Knyazhuk.

Sabine

On the Ice
So, what are your feelings about the pairs? Surprisingly who catched my attention the most were Chikmaryova/Yanchenkov, I bet from Slyusarenko's team, and Khabibulina/Knyazhuk.
I think Muchurtova/ Evgenyev will have a great furure ahead. Maybe their elements can still be a little more impressive, but their skating and presentation is ahead of the other junior pairs. She reminds me a little of Evgenya Tarasova with even more potential in presentation. Great team!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think Muchurtova/ Evgenyev will have a great furure ahead. Maybe their elements can still be a little more impressive, but their skating and presentation is ahead of the other junior pairs. She reminds me a little of Evgenya Tarasova with even more potential in presentation. Great team!
I like that pair and some people really call Mukhortova "little Tarasova", the similarity between the two is strong.